1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by littlekennie, Apr 18, 2011.

Discuss Game of Thrones in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Al Bootyerbaws

I read some of the cast thought the ending was pish as well. What’s this plan for this now? Prequels and spin offs galore like Star Wars and rip the hole clean out it?

Artorias and FCBarca like this.
  2. horseshoe

King of Kings likes this.
  3. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Lots of folk saying the ending was just a bit rushed but the big problem was that really important bits of the story made absolutely no sense.

Artorias likes this.
  4. Nasser

I was a bit confused by the John Snow ending but after reading the breakdown of what it all meant it was quite a fitting ending for that character. The whole season felt rushed, but they have set themselves up for spin-offs that might be interesting. Overall pretty much a bit of a letdown but I've never liked the endings of any big hit show and it wasn't terrible compared to the likes Dexter and Sopranos ending. Overall a great show but after so many seasons you kind of expect it to get a bit crap in places.

5. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Sorry to hear that your dragon show ended stupidly.

6. celtic warrior

Jon could have atleast had a quick go with Danny's dead body while drogon melted the throne. That would have been some scene.

7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

dont-cry-because-its-over-smile-because-it-happened-148.jpg

8. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The script,acting and character interactions,just werent the same for me.Seasons6-7.

9. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I actaully thought jon got sent to thewall,then joined the wildlings and became the leader of the free folk.Im pretty sure sansa gave them the land beyond the wall as its own kingdom.Hes aegon targaryen he dont need to gaurd no wall,my perspective of it was he was leaving his post,and heading for the forest.Even as jon snow hes like a king to the wildlings.And the starks wil let him be.

10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Why did no * at the council meeting mention the fact that Jon was actually the rightful heir to the throne? They made one of the biggest revelations of the show not mean that much at all.

11. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Jon was the rightful heir to the throne and also the hero who killed a mass murdering queen but * him. Grey Worm (who had also murdered lots of innocents) demanded justice :56:so give him a life sentence at the wall. Laughable.

Artorias likes this.
  12. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It was just so frighteningly bad. Even if they had suggested it and said "nah they Unsullied fellas will go nuts" would have been better than what they did.

The mega rush too, come on to * Jon didn't take much persuasion to turn assassin on his love and auntie, the * sound effect as well :56:. Then the dragon being so sick of "the game of thrones" and what that damned throne signified and melting it.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You’re one of those gimps that posts on every Game of Thrones related thing saying “I must be the only person on the planet that doesn’t watch this lol”.

14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

For me it was a key part in Dany’s downfall. So it definitely met something. Jon never wanted it so it would have been worse if they force him into the position (although neither did Bran but he’s a creep). He’s actually been sent to the one place he was happy, with his best mate and his dug.

15. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    * the wall.Jon snow king beyond the wall.Isnt that dragon not his now?The one that flew away with dany,the dragon was * but knew who he was.

16. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Jon never wanted it when Dany was in the position though. He probably would have resisted again but I feel the show should have at least had someone suggest it for him to refuse or there to be a case against him. I couldn't believe it when Tyrion suggested Bran and then Bran who says hes no Bran and is the 3 eyed raven just a couple of episodes before suddenly accepts (perhaps brought on by his new found confidence with his glowing tan)
    I dont buy that Jon was happy at the wall.

18. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

i just enjoyed every minute of it since the beginning.
    i'm sad its over, quite simply the greatest tv series i have ever watched and it will take something epic to surpass it.

* wine and dragons, live long and prosper x

[​IMG]

Lancashire Nick likes this.
  19. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I've never read the books and have no interest in reading them but I only found out yesterday that George RR's a bit of a lazy * and the length of time between his books seems to double per book. (Something like 6 years since the last) and up until about series 6 the 2 programme writers had Martin's work to draw on, but when they had to actually come up with ideas on their own it all fell apart.

20. celtic warrior

I've come to realise, the show fell away slowly once they killed Joffery. Never understood the hype about Cersei, her character never really felt that threatening. Ramsey was ok, like Cersei it was a part acted well but with Ramsey in the show I thought they were trying to hard to replace the hate that Joffery got.

It really did suffer from a quality "bad guy" which is plainly evident in the last season by how they just went and rushed through the Night King, Cersei and Danny all within 4 episodes.

Either way though the show will be missed and I'll be * if going to watch any dirty spin offs.