1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikael Lustig

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Officer Doofy, Mar 3, 2012.

Discuss Mikael Lustig in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    He * loves the wind up .

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

What happened at the end, was too busy popping the Champagne..?

Shinnie has a brass neck to talk about class after his exploits in the last game of last season at Paradise..

Rydo1888* and StPauli1916 like this.
  4. dmccourt95

The big mad * that he is, even if he’s on a wheelchair I want him here for the 10 his celebrations that day will go down in history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Yassss

Know your place McHunness

[​IMG]

Rydo1888* likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

MIKAEL Lustig hit back last night in the row over Celtic’s Betfred Cup final celebrations and denied goading Aberdeen teenager Lewis Ferguson shortly before the final whistle at Hampden on Sunday.

Dons captain Graeme Shinnie accused Lustig and Celtic captain Scott Brown of a “lack of class” for an incident sparked when the Swede appeared to make a beeline for Ferguson just seconds before referee Andrew Dallas called time on the first showpiece of the season.

But the Swedish international objected to that interpretation and insisted last that he had mistakenly thought the final whistle had already gone, and claiming his actions were aimed at Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes, with whom he spent a few minutes locked in discussion on the pitch afterwards. While the Swede apologised if some Pittodrie players felt they had been disrespected, he was utterly unapologetic about the Parkhead side demonstrating that they are capable of winning ugly.

Shinnie thinks we lacked class?” said Lustig. “I don’t think so.

“I thought it was the final whistle,” he added. “I think their players thought I went to the young boy and maybe that is where the misunderstanding was. But there were still a few seconds to go.

“They said I went for the 19-year-old boy but I was screaming at McInnes because we had a little bit of banter at a throw in. It was banter and it was aimed at their manager.

“I don’t know if he [McInnes] bought that. We talked for a few minutes on the pitch after the game but the conversation had started maybe 20 minutes before that. I also went to Ryan [Christie] because he had scored a really good goal.”

These two teams have plenty of previous, with Brown aiming barbs at Shinnie through the media and the Aberdeen captain catching his Celtic counterpart with a bad tackle in a previous meeting between the teams at Celtic Park. Running the line at right back has brought Lustig into close contact with McInnes on more than one occasion.

When you play on the wing then you are in front of the manager,” said the Swede. “Sometimes it is banter and sometimes the emotions run over and that is just football. It is nothing more than that.

“We play football and there are a lot of emotions. Sometimes you maybe are not happy about things after but, as I said, it is all down to emotions and I’m not going to run out there just to be a nice boy. If they feel a little bit sad about it then I apologise.

“It was a final and there was a trophy to win. We are never going to run out there and be best mates. For us at Celtic, it is all about winning. If we have to win ugly then we have shown we can do it.”

While Lustig admitted that Aberdeen had made things difficult for Celtic, he was correct to point out that better decision-making might have got more goals on quick breakaways. “It is brilliant to win another trophy and we just want to keep going,” said Lustig. “I think over the piece we were the better team, absolutely - we maybe should have scored more goals. We had a lot of chances 4v2 and 3v2 but we needed to show a bit more quality in those positions. Overall, we didn’t produce our best game but we did enough to win. All their players do a good job for their team and work really hard and they are always a tough team to beat but when we play the ball they can’t really get near us and we should have scored a few more goals.”

Lustig, who is out of contract this May, said he would be keen to stay on if a new deal could be arranged. "I am still under contract here so my full focus is on Celtic," he said. “I want to be here and we will see what happens. It is up to me and the board. I know what stands in the contract and we will see what happens.”

There is no time for Celtic to rest on their laurels, with a league match away to Motherwell tomorrow. “December is a really busy month with some big games," he said. “You have to recover and to go again.”

Rydo1888* and Doogs. like this.
  7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Some Bhoy, lol

8. stew37

Wish folk would stop * * about celebrations, goading, winding up other team/fans etc, * get over it. If some * in the other team celebrates/tries to wind you up, and you're a player, just make sure you beat them. If you're in the crowd, just shout abuse at them if it makes you feel better. Some folk wont be happy until the game is completely emotionless.

Rydo1888*, Slaw, KRS-1888 and 5 others like this.
  9. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Gee this man a * life contract. I’ll be heartbroken the day he leaves us:54:

10. celts67

Some of the comments lol .

11. shaw1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone / Let the people sing
    ML.. "You Steel ma Buckie oot the fridge ya *"?
    DM. .. "Whit Buckie??? I never seen yer buckie... It wisnie me...."

celts67 likes this.
  12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    When he is no longer first pick here, he's going back to Sweden to finish his career all day long, mate. But I agree, he will be remembered. I hope he will be back here as a coach or something one day.

Thought it was a nice touch from Broony to share lifting the trophy with him. He's been captain in Broony's absence through a very important period and did a very good job. He deserved that.

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

14. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    What a goal.

Been fantastic........ again.

15. Goggzy60

Should give him a contract as we won't get a better player to be back up right back we do need a younger right back who can attack and defend. I don't think Lustig is as useless as some make out his legs are gone just need to avoid playing him every game so when he does play he performs the way he should.

16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The rest did him the power of good.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. TheHappyLoss

He was excellent today. Went off his * when Izzy hit a bad pass at 5-1, says it all

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Credit where it's due, I've said some things about the guy over the last 24 months that have probably been out of order.

One thing that can't be called into question is his commitment to the club. He was genuinely elated at scoring. It's hard not to love that.

Random Review likes this.