1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Can't believe the livi manager said no goals came from great play. That pass was amazing

Tommy25, Lilac Wine and Rydo1888* like this.
  2. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Celtic and our players never get credit in this league for our sexy play it's always an OG or mistake or terrible defence ect...

Tommy25 and Westlondonscot like this.
  3. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Basically yes. Being in the Oceana route meant taking on the titans of Tonga, Fiji & American Samoa (who as you point out they beat 30-0) etc, then a game v NZ. All of which meant they were able to basically do with just using domestic based players through all of those. Considering - and this is no word of a lie, some of those countries did not have so much as a single full sized football pitch, meant that quite often home and away legs were played in Australia or sometimes the away games were hosted in NZ.

Then after all that there would be a play-off between Australia and the 4th placed South American team. Which meant suddenly needing to call up the overseas based players in order to field a team full of players that rarely if ever played together, against the likes of Argentina (1993) or Uraguay (2001 & 2005) etc, who had squads obviously battle hardened over a tough qualifying campaign, for a 2 legged play off. To say the least the odds were never great and why they never qualified between 1974 - 2006.

So something needed to be done. So even though they qualified for the 2006 World Cup via the method above, that really was a one-off, which needed Guus Hiddink to mastermind and probably the best crop of players that Australia possibly has ever had at the same time (the likes of Kewell, Viduka, Cahill, Bresciano, Schwartzer, and yes even Craig Moore) etc, to their credit, FFA had already applied and were admitted to joining the Asian Conference for qualifying for the 2010 WC, instead of the Oceana one, and have qualified for every WC since having done so.

That all aside being history, to get this thread back on track, Graham Arnold & FFA are a pack of * (and am saying this as an Australian) who really should not have insisted on playing Rogic in many of the games when he has been on the road back from injury or carrying a knock, but quite simply Rogic is a class act who we all know can create a piece of magic to change a game - which is a commodity sadly in short supply in the ranks of the current Socceroos squad.

tarboltontim and Lilac Wine like this.
  4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Sublime pass, played well first half.

5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is it not possible he wants to play for Australia and not so much the managers making him play? I don't know the details of Bale at Madrid right now but apparently they weren't happy because he was out injured but suddenly himself made sure he was ok to play for Wales.

Right now I feel a bit out of touch with the Scotland team because there seems to be no effort at all by the SFA to create a system that produces good players as Taz has pointed out before it can be done. But there was a time when playing for the national team meant something really special. Just wondering if that's the same with Tam. Apologies in advance if this has already been discussed, got a vague memory of asking this before :confused:

6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No goals came from long ball's....which is great play to Gary Holt..

Rydo1888* and Dan Breen like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He is getting there. Still a tad off the pace but another 70min under his belt today.

9. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Not a major criticism but he looked a bit rusty. 70 minutes today should do him good. Love it when he's firing on all cylinders.

Dan Breen likes this.
  10. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He never asks to take set pieces, and I find that weird.

11. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

He should take a go, his corners can't be any worse than Christie's floaters

Dan Breen likes this.
  12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Strangely hasn't travelled..

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Think he is injured, shame, was hoping to see him get full game.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He's becoming utterly useless to us..

Twisty and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  15. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He has an assist (defence splitting pass for Eddy v Livi and a goal (v Ross Co) from his last 2 appearances. Not saying he is in full form, but he can only perform when he is on the pitch rather than being an unused sub, and even if it has been only moments, it's still contributed to wins. Hardly what I would describe as being 'utterly useless'.

Seosamh Máirtín likes this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    When he's on his game he's just class but seriously...how many month's has he missed this season and last?

He looked miles off it at County. A deflected shot that was probably being saved before...doesn't hide that. Livi he made an assist that id expect anyone to make with the space he had and Eddy running in. Missed a sitter on a plate as well..

I reckon it's an area we'll look at soon..

Dan Breen likes this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Can’t believe he hasn’t travelled cash in ASAP! On his day some player but hasn’t been on his day since the double treble season consistently

18. MAP

Lennon said: “Fraser Forster, Scott Brown, Callum McGregor, Odsonne Edouard, Tom Rogic and Ryan Christie – none of them have travelled.

We have a strong team but we have Robertson, Dembele and Savoury in the squad but whether they start is another thing.

The likes of Leigh Griffiths, Scott Sinclair, Nir Bitton, Moritz Bauer and Craig Gordon will all feature tomorrow night.

As I said before we’re going to use the squad for this game. In this busy month there are some players who need game time and this is an ideal situation to give those players that extra motivation. We’re here to be competitive and we’re here to win
    ."

I'd have thought if he were injured NL might have said as much, and neither have I seen mention of an injury anywhere after a quick look. Not a bad list of players to be mentioned amongst.

I note that of the last 5 games, he's started 2 (comprehensive wins, including the very impressive Livi win) and been left on the bench for the other 3. I'd say it looks like he is still in NL's plans, and I'd have thought he'd not be playing/making the bench were he injured (or carrying a notable injury).

I'll throw this in, against Hibs, Rogic will start in the 10, with Christie on the right :).

19. Damnati

I think that was only happening because Elyounoussi and Johnston were not fit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Happy 27th birthday Tam..

Hope you get some resilience.