1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

TalkCeltic - The Ultimate Celtic FC Forum

TalkCeltic is an unofficial Celtic FC website and forum. A place to discuss all things Celtic Football Club related with other like-minded supporters.

ROMANIAN JETS INTO GLASGOW.

Celtic look set to capture the signature of Romanian defender, Gabriel Tamas.

Tamas failed to report for pre season training at current club, Auxerre and boss Jean Fernandez looks set to lose his star player. Fernandez said "
I got a call first thing from his agent to confirm he was on his way to Glasgow to talk with Celtic. 'I can understand why Gabriel wants this move. He's a player who has never hidden his desire to progress in the game and he can do that with Celtic."

The fee for the Romanian International defender looks set to be about £3.5million, although Celtic have to haggle with some over sea agents, they expect to sign Tamas after having direct talks.

Super Sammy Signs For Celtic!

Celtic today completed the permanent signing of 23 year old Greek Internationalist Georgios Samaras on a 3 year deal for a fee believed to be around £2 million structured as a half down payment with the aggregate based on appearances and performance.

The Heraklion born striker had previously been recruited by Gordon Strachan in the January transfer window from Manchester City to provide an extra dimension to Celtic's attack during the epic title run-in which concluded with 7 back to back wins and jubilant title celebrations.

Samaras said of his initial time and what lay ahead for him; “It was the best moment in my career so far and I am really happy that I have signed here and I hope that more good moments come for both me and the club.”

During his loan spell, the former Heerenveen man contributed no fewer than 6 goals with 5 of them coming within the vital title...
Did you hear the one about the two Serbs, a Nigerian, a Portuguese, an English man and a Greek?

No, it's not the start of a joke, just the latest rumblings as to the latest comings and goings from Celtic Park. Today’s paper speculation has linked a number of defenders with possible moves to Paradise, with one player's possible departure and a loan deal to be made permanent.

Serbia & Montenegro pair Dusko Tosic & Marko Basa are being reported to be lined up by Gordon Strachan as possible targets. Basa, a 25 year old Central defender, who currently plays in France for Le Mans, is looking to leave for pastures new this summer. However his club has angered the Serb by slapping a £7.5 million asking price on his head. It is thought a deal could be struck at around £4.5 million, it seems if a fee can be agreed between the two clubs, then Basra preferred option would be to join the Hoops. He is quoted as...
Celts Could Miss Out On Tamas.

Auxerre president Jean-Claude Hamel told Celtic that they could miss out on Gabriel Tamas if they do not make an offer quickly.

The Romanian defender has been getting rave reviews and is definitely one that Strachan would like to bring in. However Auxerre seem keen to let him go and with a number of clubs intrested in the 24 year old they won't hang about.

Valued at £3.5million the young defender is sure to bring some controversy with him. Tamas has been accused of violence,vandalism and alcoholism in his short career, this news won't be music to the ears of Celtic fans, but if he can do his talking on the pitch he is sure to be a hit.

With Romanian teammate Marius Niculae saying that Tamas, "Is a strong player and is ideally suited to the Scottish game" and agent Giovanni Becalli stating, "Gabriel knows Celtic are a big club and they are front runners" it seems that the young Romanian is going to be the...
Roma Youngster Wants Celtic Switch.

Roma's Vitorino Antunes is still keen on moving to Celtic Park despite intrest from numerous clubs from the La Liga.Antunes, 21, has been on Gordon Strachan's radar in the hope that he can fill in for possibly departing Lee Naylor.

Some have suggested that a move from Serie A to the SPL would be a step down for Antunes but he laughed away these claims,"
If something happens that allows me to come to Glasgow I would be playing for a massive club in the Champions League,"

"That's why I would not regard moving from Italy to Scotland as a backward step in my career."

The possibility of a loan still seems the most likely option but Antunes has said that he would be happy to come on loan, which could lead to something permanent."If I could come on loan for a year I would be happy. Maybe after that something could be done for me to stay longer."