1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

James Forrest

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jul 25, 2015.

Discuss James Forrest in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Well done and fully deserved. He has become such a big game player for us the past few seasons. Has developed a great habit of scoring in the biggest of games as well.

Lilac Wine, Tommy25 and bagforlife like this.
  3. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    What are the words mate? Any idea?

P.s. Go on the wee man. Well deserved on POTY award.

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

We've got James Forrest on the right

Can play anywhere in our formation

It's Jamesy Forrest on the right

Nothings gonna stop him now

Tommy25 and Captain Brown like this.
  5. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    About time tbh.

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Don’t think it’s caught on.

7. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Give it time :party22:

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ok.

Ewang83 likes this.
  9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Pretty lame if I’m honest. Can play anywhere but he is on the right? Nah man not for one of Europe’s finest.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s good shut up.:56:

packybhoy likes this.
  11. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    I mind no so long ago when James Forrest got the blame for everything. Round about the Delia seasons. Every time we were pish or had a bad result...James Forrest got hammered for it by the fans. A lot of us on here aswell. What a turn around though. Definetley our top man right now. Never saw that coming a few year ago

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. clonbhoy

I think it will do him good, his performances have dipped as the season has gone on due to burnout. That shouldn't be a problem.

Can Shved play central too? Rogic definitely needs his appearances managed right.

Dembele likes this.
  13. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Late to the party, well done jamesy much deserved :57:

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FOR the last nine years he’s been cleaning up trophies.

But James Forrest hasn’t forgotten where he came from — polishing the boots.

The Celtic winger, named PFA Player of the Year on Sunday, has enjoyed the best season of his career and is now a key man for club and country.

Forrest made his Hoops debut just over nine years ago during Neil Lennon’s first spell in charge, scoring with his first touch after coming off the bench against Motherwell.

Time has passed so quickly since that day but, despite the trophies, Scotland caps and bumper new contracts, the 27-year-old has remained as grounded as he was the day he first broke through.

And he puts that down to being taught the right things at an early age.

That was good. It was all part of learning how things were done.

“With someone like John Clark and the other kit men at the club, they made sure the young boys stayed grounded.

“Back then, there was a rota, so every couple of days two players out of the team would have to clean every pair of boots.

“I really looked up to guys who played in my position, so Aiden McGeady and Shaun Maloney were the main two.

Training with them, seeing them playing my position, it was great.

“And anyone, no matter what position they played, would say Broony was an inspiration, the character he is.

“Robbie Keane was playing that day I made my debut, too. It was great training with him, obviously.”

In his nine years as a first-team player Forrest has won eight titles and is going for his fifth Scottish Cup later this month.

Add four League Cups into the mix and that’s some haul for a player whose best years should lie ahead.

Forrest admits the career he’s had so far was the stuff of dreams when he was growing up in Celtic’s youth sides.

Despite being linked with moves elsewhere over the years, there has been nothing which could have enticed him away.

He said: “I couldn’t have imagined it. You don’t really think about it as the time goes on. Once I stop playing, I’ll look back on how many trophies I’ve won.

“The last couple of years, I have definitely started to appreciate it more.

“Maybe that’s not the right word, exactly, but I don’t take it for granted — when maybe I did when I was younger.

“I was just playing and not thinking about it. You appreciate it more now.

“Have I ever been tempted to leave? No.

I think a couple of years ago I had six months left on my contract — that was the closest I came. There was uncertainty but I always wanted to stay.

“Because I’ve come through the club, I understand the pressure.

“I love the big games and I always wanted that so I just want to stay as long as I can.”

Forrest has known nothing but success in his time as a Celtic first-team player — although he did taste a rare Old Firm defeat at Ibrox earlier in the season.

That dark day in December haunted the Hoops as far away as their Dubai training camp a month later.

Ryan Jack’s goal gave Rangers their first league win over Celtic since March 2012.

The result stunned a Celtic support who had become accustomed to lording it over their Glasgow rivals.

So heading back to Govan this weekend — as champions now — Forrest insists they’re on a revenge mission as they aim to eradicate all bad memories of their last visit.

He said: “Going into the winter break when we went to Dubai it wasn’t the same because we left after what was such a bad result.

“But more importantly it was such a poor performance.

I think what made us play so well when we came back after the break was the fact that everyone was still really hurting from that game.

“I’m sure when it comes to Ibrox the boys will be thinking about the last time we went there.

“We had injuries the last time we went there but, as the manager at the time said, the boys who hadn’t played in the team before would get experience from playing in that game.

“Even the fact that it didn’t go the way we had hoped will help them for the future.

“The boys were hurting for a good few weeks and longer from that game.

Whoever is in the squad — whoever plays this game — will want to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

“We have two league games left and obviously the Cup final when that comes around.

“We just need to make sure we finish the league strong, not let it peter out.

“We want to give ourselves confidence for starting the season again by finishing strong this time.”

15. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Also love his assists, that through ball to Eddy in the huns game, amazing the players we have who are capable of world class moments.

@hiphopaddict I think it was more frustrated with him because we knew his potential, I don't think fans were saying he was altogether pish, players like that generally don't stir much reaction but I don't know anyone who wanted him to leave, we just wanted him to get it together. As much as Brendan turned out to be a bit of a speech merchant, he is an incredible manager and what he did for Jamesy and Broony was wonderful.

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. Keano88

What a lad.

Tommy25, Lilac Wine and Rydo1888* like this.
  17. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

“We just need to make sure we finish the league strong, not let it peter out.

“We want to give ourselves confidence for starting the season again by finishing strong this time.”[/QUOTE]

:fear::fear:

clonbhoy likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Wonder if there’s anyone with a better games to trophy ratio than him in our history? Him and Lustig have to be up there?

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

At the rate he is going and given his age I can easily see him getting past the 100 goals barrier for Celtic. He is currently on 72 and making over 500 appearances is realistic too given he is on 342 at the moment. Given how good he has been the past few seasons and the fact he is just entering what are usually a players peak career years the next few years could be something really special for him and for us being able to enjoy such a talent in the hoops.