1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lewis Morgan

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 5, 2018.

Discuss Lewis Morgan in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would be best for him to go out on loan, we will still have plenty options plus the young guys.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    This I agree with. Nowhere have I said the development squad counts for nothing btw, but there’s a major difference between that and the first team. As it is, Dembele’s not long back from injury so don’t think his seasons really had a chance to pick up yet.

Was at not you that was saying Oko-Flex just refuses to track men, only interested in going forward and was acting billy big baws?

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Genuinely don't remember saying that mate..

He looked slack in the under 17 final last year but has been excellent otherwise and was the week after for the under 20's..

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Ahh, might have been that mate :50:

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We're on the march wi Morgan's army!!

:scotland:

6. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    If you look back through the threads there were people complaining when we signed Brown and Griffiths and who said Forrest wasn't good enough and McGregor and Christie took a bit of time to show what they could do. It seems that if a player is Scottish and especially if signed from a Scottish club some people won't be happy and will give a player stick. I'm certain if Morgan was foreign he would be given far more time than some are willing to give him.
    It seems that some think NL and SC are idiots who don't know the difference between a good and a pish player. I think they've both proven that's not the case and they obviously both see something in Morgan.
    He's not been pish as some are saying. He's been your typical young player trying to break through - lots of effort but not as effective as the fans would like. But there are attributes there - he's fast, quite strong, got a bit of skill, puts in a shift and his record at St. Mirren shows he can score goals.
    Why can't his detractors just enjoy the fact we're playing well and winning games and stop trying to find something/someone to moan about.
    In summary, give the boy a chance, he's hardly played, he's been ok not pish, who knows if he'll make it at Celtic and there's a good chance he won't but we'll not know for at least 6 months and possibly a couple of years.

StPauli1916, joemc, stew37 and 4 others like this.
  7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A bit disingenuous. A more accurate reflection would be Lenny consistently picks better players ahead of Morgan.

Not that I'm a fan of the guy but he must be doing something right cause Lenny has shown so far that he doesn't keep making the same mistakes so there must be something he's doing that is impressing because to suggest otherwise is to suggest favouritism and that's not on. You don't get the results and play the way we've been playing using favouritism.

I was impressed with Morgan pre-season, lots of positive energy and loves taking players on, bit of a mix of Ryan and Jamesy. The problem is I thought he was about 19 and a Development player. He's 23 which is usually the age you can tell if someone has everything it takes.

Again, I hope to be very wrong because if he can sort out his poor last touch and know the right time to dribble and not, then we could have an excellent player.

One good thing is he is obviously mentally strong enough to keep bouncing back cause he must know about the doubts, maybe that's part of what impresses Lenny.

StPauli1916, Liam Scales and Mickmac like this.
  8. Jeremie Frimpong

No. What is remarkable is that Lennon consistently plays Morgan ahead of Sinclair, for example, not that he plays Christie, for example, ahead of Morgan.

Lennon will repeat mistakes in the future, like everyone else, and all managers make questionable selection decisions at times.

Lennon is either selecting Morgan ahead of better players for non-footballing reasons, such as contract situations, or because he has (possibly misplaced) faith in Morgan, which has yet to be repaid.

It is a minor criticism, but it is a perfectly legitimate one.

9. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    You really have to stop writing sensible posts :)

Mickmac and Whoflungdung like this.
  10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He is 23??

11. Jeremie Frimpong

That old chestnut.

No. People recognise that Lennon and his backroom staff are fallible, and will make mistakes with regard to player recruitment and team selection, like every other manager and backroom staff in the history of the game.

He has, and he is 23 years old - not that young.

Why would we stop thinking about how we can improve? Criticism and 'moaning' are not the same thing.

Twisty, freitassen and Whoflungdung like this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

“He’s not been pish as some are saying.”

Eh...he really has. Out of all our wide players in the senior squad, and those on the cusp - i.e. Dembele and Okoflex - he is quite comfortably the least inspiring.

13. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Singling out one
    Singling out one player for excessive criticism especially when he's quite young is never helpful. 23 is still quite young, I'd say Forrest didn't play consistently well til he was about 25 and Brown's peaked in the last 3 years.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  14. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  15. freitassen

A lot of people, at least me, feel really resentful of the way he was given many chances and put ahead of Sinclair in the squad without deserving it. He is certainly not a better player than Sinclair at the moment.

People are not judging him based on a few matches. Unlike Christie, who was one of the key players of what was then the second best team of Scotland, Morgan had a very disappointing season out on loan to the League 1.

It might be early to write him out but people criticizing him are not being unreasonable.

Lilac Wine and Whoflungdung like this.
  16. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Jamesy only started playing well 3 years ago, Broony only started playing 3 years ago, what happened 3 years ago and what's it got to do with Lewis Morgan?

I wonder if @Aberama Gold knows :fear:

StPauli1916 and Sean Daleer like this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'm no gonna keep rinsing the boy after this but he's hardly played well at all...nevermind consistently..

Broony was a top player in the top flight when we signed him and breaking out starter for Scotland. Forrest was one of the hottest talents about showing plenty of good as well as his inconsistency and lack of application/desire . Both were wanted by EPL club's in their early 20's, the likes of Newcastle and Spurs amongst other's..

Morgan could barely get a start for his old manager at a league 1 club in England last season. Has come back and looks majorly out his depth..

He's too slight. Too slow. No conviction in anything he does. His actual assets are supposedly his composure in the final third with both feet but I've never known a player to put his head down, cross and hit the first man as much as him in my life..

He's miles and miles behind guy's who can't even get a look in just now in terms of quality/ability..

bagforlife likes this.
  18. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    No giving up on him yet …. just .

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Has it even been 3 years? 3 month maybe.

Punt ra lottathum

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

So What does all that say about the manager who picks him ?