1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cupid Stunt

Honestly think he's class and no different to Dembele when he was first here. He's involved in so many goals even in his quieter games. Once his decision making becomes more consistent he'll be worth every penny of the £9mil we (supposedly) spent.

StPauli1916 and Tommy25 like this.
  2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He will be a 30 goal a season. In our team you can't hit much more than that as we never play based on the striker as we have so many double figure goal scorers with Eddy, griff, Jamesy, tam, Christie, sincy, ntcham and mcgregor.

Tommy25 and paulmcq1888 like this.
  3. ArminCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    chronic cameo

The IRA likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Can someone please show this guy how to pass..

He's got 10 men he can use..

Struts about barely moving as well..

jocksteinupper and The IRA like this.
  5. northeast67

Would like to see a striker up top alongside him, can't do it himself

6. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    Thought he was worse than Sinclair tbh

7. Mince.Charming

The black samaras

8. Celtic Bhoy 94

Someone tell this * to stop dribbling

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC'S record transfer signing Odsonne Edouard has revealed the role PSG striker Edinson Cavani played in his career and has praised Brendan Rodgers for improving him in Glasgow.

The Hoops splashed out a record fee to PSG, which could rise to £10 million for the French ace in the summer after a loan spell.

He's netted 12 goals in 26 appearances for the champions in all competitions this season.

But the 20-year-old has big ambitions and has modelled his game on Uruguay striker Cavani, after he mentored him in Paris.

He said: "When I was at PSG, Edinson Cavani gave me advice every day. Whether it was about my positional sense, my finishing, even my speed, he spoke to me a lot.

"This gave me a massive amount of belief in myself that a great striker like him took time out to speak to me.

"He basically was responsible for me being a striker and he gave me confidence.

"I was also there with Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but he was different. I was a kid and that was it. He didn't speak the same language as me so it was not easy to communicate.

"Occasionally, he gave me a few instructions through signs, but there wasn't a lot of exchanges between us.

"It was stuffy at PSG. I needed to go on a new project. There were great players in my position. I was young and I had to go out and play football.

"I decided to leave and give new impetus to my career.

"So I chose Celtic because they are a big club who always play in Europe. I had a good chat with the manager.

"He told me about his projects and ambitions and spoke about what he wanted to do with me.

"I appreciated his words and it just felt like a good feeling with him. I immediately decided there and then I would sign.

I needed a new challenge and you don't refuse a club like Celtic.

"Brendan Rodgers is a very good coach. From day one, he spoke to me a lot and always encourages me. He is very experienced.

"He has made me a better player and I feel I am progressing very well under him.

He's an open coach who is very close with his players. I love his management style and the way he wants to play football.

"Brendan Rodgers coached someone like Luis Suarez and looked what he did with him. When a coach like him says he wants you to be his main striker, then you go straight away.

"I will give 200 per cent for him."

Edouard, in an interview in French magazine Onze Mondial, insists he is relishing his role at Parkhead.

He said: "I don't feel any pressure being Celtic's main striker. I am calm and I just concentrate on doing what I do best, which is to play football.

When I am playing, I give everything for my team. I am impervious to pressure. I have a quiet strength about me."

And Edouard is determined to make an impact at international level too, after he burst onto the scene in 2015 when he netted a hat-trick in the European Under-17 Championship win against
    Germany.

He said: "Playing for France is something that is very close to my heart.

"I'm so proud to have represented my country at youth level. To win the Euro Under 17s was an incredible experience for me. It will forever be engraved in my head.

My ambition is to play for France as soon as possible.

"It would be nice to play for the Under 21s first, but I know I have to play as well as possible for Celtic.

"I look at someone like Kylian Mbappe and it's not a surprise to me how well he has done because I have known him for a long time.

"I'm not taken aback in the slightest that he is one of the best players in the world today because I knew he would be.

"My football ambitions are to play for France, play for a very, very big European club and win the Champions League."

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    Tommy25 likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    This explains a lot. :fear:

12. jamiebhoy67

20% for him ? Im assuming that was a mis interpretation??

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    You can see he was mentored by Cavani. The hardest working, most selfless striker in world football..

Cavani loves putting his long sleeve jersey over his fingers and thumb cause he's too cold as well. Don't tell me no one hasn't noticed this every week..

Mince.Charming and Doogs. like this.
  14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Being consistent in the SPL takes effort, he has the class that much is evident he needs to show the desire.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He doesn't have a very good brain for awareness of what's around him, how much time he has on the ball or who is better positioned..

It seems to be all about him. Doesn't see or refuses to pass which is a common theme of his game here and doesn't look bothered half the time..

Even last night end of the game the goalie is wasting time and he couldn't even be bothered to close him down and make him pick it up and kick it. Took an age just to get near him..

16. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    You just know he has a big game goal in him though. I would like to see him out left again.

17. Maximillian

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA,Willie Maley
    Likely to rattle in a Hat trick versus the huns and unplayable , but he's got the dembele streak in him when he sometimes thinks your motherwells ,dundees are beneath him and can't be bothered.

18. Lewis Kerr

Honestly think the “he can’t be bothered” assessment of him is wrong and an unjust label of late. Think he’s just young and inconsistent, and thrives (most of the time) on the big occasion like Dembele. Obviously he’s frustrating but as long as he turns up in the big games no one will bat an eye. Do want him to improve though.

Tommy25 likes this.
  19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Well that isn’t the attitude you need to play for Celtic. I want players that are committed to the team, no matter the opposition.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

For the record, I like Eddy but I agree with the criticisms. Don’t think it’s coincidence it’s the same criticisms that were pointed at Dembele and also Ntcham. The young French guys seem to have a bit of a chip on their shoulders.

Mince.Charming likes this.