1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoiler Alert] Sopranos

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Craiglang, Jan 27, 2016.

Discuss Sopranos in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Janice was a pain in the *. Hated her. Don't know what the * Bobby was thinking getting with her.

Canny be the only one on here who wasn't a huge fan of Paulie? He was quite annoying.

Wish Tony B was in it for longer. Buscemi is criminally underrated.

kinglenny likes this.
  2. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Aye that was weird as *.

:56:

The Celtic Way likes this.
  3. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Woke up this morning ......

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

7. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  8. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Just watched this through for the 5th time.

I've got some more theories about who killed Tony. Carmine Lupertazzi and Butchie, with Paulie feeding them information.

Think about this. Phil Leotardo orders the hits on Tony Sil and Bobby, but explicity states that Paulie is to be left alone. Why?

New York also seemed to know where Sil and Bobby were going to be when they were gunned down. Paulie feeding them info?

The hit goes down but Tony manages to dodge the bullet, so to speak. Butchie then tries to convince Phil to bury the hatchet with Tony but Phil goes apeshit at Butchie and tells him they will be sitting down for a talk when all this blows over (ie, when Tony is dead). Butchie is obviously rattled by this and genuinely thinks Phil is a bit of a loose cannon.

Butchie - through Carmine Jr - organises a sit down with Tony and Paulie behind Phil's back. Butch gives his blessing for Tony to kill Phil and then everyone can get back to normal.

Here's the kicker though, Butchie * despises Tony, so could quite conceivably have used Tony to bump Phil then him and Carmine order the hit on Tony (Butchie couldn't do this on his own but Carmine certainly had the support and backing - mostly through his name granted), with help from Paulie about Tony's whereabouts. They then scoop the lot, while putting Paulie in as a puppet for the Jersey Family. Cut the head off the snake, which after the hits on Bobby and Sil is all that's left.

The seeds were sown years before too about Paulie feeding info to New York with his call to Johnny Sac about the joke Ralphie told about Ginny.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Artorias likes this.
  9. Bonobhoy

I dont think tony died,meadow did.

The whole scene was played well and played through the eyes of each character.....you see tony at the last part before cuts to black and from meadows point of view.

Also the car parking played a massive part as well,the reg plate of the car she was trying to park between was apparently the same reg as the guy that tried to rape her,tony beat the * out him in the shop (been years since i seen it).....The parking in between the cars was their for a reason.

Thats whats so good about this program.....10 years later and we still talk about it with all out theories.

I really need to watch this again,only seen it once and loved it.....nearly finished rescue me so ill start it next week again

BTW.....if any of you are right into the ending,like trying to figure everything out then this will be for you...https://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's not Meadow.

Every time the bell goes on the door you see Tony looking up then the next shot is from his eyes looking towards the door.

After man in Members Only Jacket goes to the toilet the bell goes again and it cuts to Tony looking up. The next shot we are supposed to see is from Tony's eyes. However we get black. Nothing, no music nothing. This blackness with nothing accompanying it is built on way back in Soprano Home Movies when Bobby says to Tony you probably don't hear it coming, and cemented when Silvio says he didn't hear anything until it was all over, when Gerry Torciano is murdered in the restaurant.

Man in MOJ came out the toilet and killed Tony. Tony got complacent, thought he was safe again and yet ended up getting killed the same way as his favourite movie scene in history. 2 days previously that guy would have been followed into the toilet and kept an eye on.

After being so careful and insulating himself to stay out of jail so long he lets his guard down far too early, what with Butchie still out there.

Artorias likes this.
  11. Bonobhoy

i need to watch it again tbh..been years as i say...i remember a good bit...i just thought the ending with the guy going into the toilet was to cliche (godfather)...the show was better than that...

Either way though....best TV show ever made

edit. i remember the time 3:00 being very important and the number 3....beware of his 3:00 etc

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

They referenced Godfather all the way through mate. When Junior and Livia put out the hit on Tony he was buying a bottle of fresh orange. A lot of the murders/attempts had oranges in the scene.

Also, the scene with Michael going into the toilet before killing the Sollozzo and the Police Commisioner was Tony's favourite ever movie scene. The irony is dripping out of it.

I've watched it 5 times now mate. Major anorak where this is concerned. :giggle1:

Do yourself a favour and get it watched again. Then again and again.

You will see something new every time. :50:

13. Bonobhoy

ye i will do....the reason i left it late was becasue it was soo good..i wanted to forget some stuff and get right into it...especially being a massive gangster movie fan

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's ten times better even the second run through.

I see so many people * on the first series yet it's one of my favourites.

The big difference on the second run through is you know everyone, so you see the cliques a lot earlier and the first series takes on a whole new slant the second time around.

Peej likes this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Nothing comes close imo.

Think i'll watch it all again from the start, it's that good. :notworthy

16. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Patsy Parisi is a suspect...watched one of those 'ending explained' clips earlier and it seemed quite plausible.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Another solid explanation.

I just couldn't see Patsy surviving a hit on a boss. He was only a soldier.

The scenes with him fair foreshadowed what was going to happen though.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It's well worth it mate. You will be surprised at even the stuff you pick up in the first series that you missed first time around.

19. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I watched it 3 times in full in the space of about two years, started it for the 4th time once or twice but never cracked through.

Been a couple of years now so will probably watch it through again soon. I personally think The Sopranos along with The Wire are streets ahead of everything else.

Sean Daleer and KRS-1888 like this.
  20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The blackness probably meant he (Tony) was done anyway. If it wasn't New York it was Patsy flipping when his son got picked up for dealing sweeties.

The story could have been that no matter what, whether clipped or rico'd, Tony's day were numbered.

It's clever from Chase because we are still dicsussing it 10 years later. It still annoys me though, I like a pay off at the end of a show/movie.