1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

La Liga 2019-20

Discussion in 'World Football' started by StPauli1916, Jul 1, 2019.

Discuss La Liga 2019-20 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Proper lost that game..

Aye I genuinely think he's been a woeful signing. Offers nothing..

The fact he's supposed to be an elite/one of the best player's in the world.....I just don't see it..

2. cammy07

Griezmann has been an abysmal signing for them, just another in a long list however.

Shambolic recruitment for years summed up in that they've pretty much funded Liverpool into becoming the best team in the world by hugely overpaying them for a player they blatantly didn't need.

If I was Messi I'd be out of there ASAP so that he can finish his career in a more fitting way rather than languishing in a sub standard team who are a million miles off where they should be.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  3. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Scandalous officiating again, RFEF effectively telling the world we are going to cheat and do not care (Even with VAR) - no less than 3 legitimate penalties for Barca completely waived off and Lenglet off after two fouls (One for Fekir firing his 1st half shot into his arm, the other for the foul Joaquin milked). Agenda is front & center

Meanwhile, continue to love the energy & spirit of this team

Griezmann was never the right fit for this team (No longer a winger and not a #9) but in keeping with the utterly absent sporting direction of this board. The good is that he still scores goals this season and provides much needed pressing/defense. In his defense I would say his integration is more problematic owing to both having to get used to teammates (Even after injuries to starters) and change in systems with the coaching changes

Injuries are the biggest concerns now further echoing the nonsensical sporting decisions to loan out Todibo, Alena & Perez. Umtiti is a crock but we'll see if Araujo can provide some good cover

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I couldn't believe the Messi penalty in injury time wasn't given. I was speechless. Turned the defender inside out and about to pull the trigger and gets pulled back by both hands....no penalty :56:

The Lenglet one was the usual evening up I see in Europe. Laughable to be honest..

That's sums up a fair bit of what I've seen from him. Isn't in dangerous positions. Almost gets in the way of good play and just doesn't look like a Barca player in a million years to me..

You need a lot of work done..

FCBarca likes this.
  5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Pep more than likely now available in the summer.

Barca fans of course wouldn’t want that though as they have the GOAT, Setien.

@FCBarca

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Partey is an absolute beast of a player.

7. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    What a strike from Angel for Getafe. :eek1:

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    How has Ansu Fati been doing for Barca?

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Been class and you should see Ter Stegen’s save there to keep it 2-1.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Haven’t watched them much this season, but heard good things about Fati.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  11. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Seen they won this weekend 2-1. Every time I see their score it seems it was either a draw or winning a one goal. Certainly not the team they were.

12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They should’ve bought Morelos. :67:

13. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Losing goalscorers like Suarez & Dembele coupled with a rash of defensive injuries will do that. They have no squad depth and what little they potentially had, inexplicably were loaned out (Todibo, Alena, Wague, Perez).

Plus, they are adapting to a new coach with vastly different tactics & fitness requirements that Valverde's reign failed to address. So, now you can see the fatigue - they looked great against Athletic, Betis & the 1st half against Getafe but absolutely on fumes in that 2nd half. Now, Alba is out for several weeks with a groin injury which taxes that squad even more. Officiating again, scandalous but this is Spain

The emergency signing of a striker should mitigate some of the scoring pressure from Messi since defenses are even more focused on swarming him without a reference #9. Griezmann works hard but is neither a #9 or winger and still needs time to develop chemistry/understanding with Leo - his poor first touch however may never really improve enough IMO. Fati is 17 and lack of regular minutes has seen his end product suffer a little due to not maintaining the ridiculous form he had early in the season when injuries also took their toll. Still, he shows so many qualities that you cannot help but be excited about his future - an outstanding career awaits with Ansu

Focus should be the Primera Liga since I cannot see this lack of depth getting them through CL even if they manage to knock out Napoli - Semifinals would be a success and perhaps by then Suarez might actually return from injury sooner than expected

As for Pep & any possible return to Barcelona, I still see him as a coach in La Masia at some point and whatever happens next with him it is predicated on the outcome of the CAS appeal - what is certain is that Guardiola will not be coming back this summer to the first team under Bartomeu.

Quique had a great plan to deal with Getafe's man to man pressing & high line, Mats was effectively another outfield player. Setien should get a full pre-season and a squad he puts together (Presumably with Lautaro, at the very least) but Barto & Grupo Godo are already undermining him in local media. Team is like a wounded animal atm and attacks coming from all directions to exploit this moment of weakness, even from within as this is the entorno that any cule is painfully familiar with

Luis1967 likes this.
  14. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Two points dropped at home for Real, Barca have a serious chance. If they can put a good run together over the coming weeks they'll take control of the title race as Real don't look convincing.

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I had an ACCA on today and it got done with Bilbao getting bear, so happy I didn't have to cheer on a real game. The el classico is in a couple of weeks, for me the winner of that will take the title.
    It's not a massive margin, but if Madrid took a 4pt lead, it gives them a buffer and both teams are looking shakey at times.
    Barca win it, they go two in front and the momentum is with them and they'll again both drop along the way but likely barca nick it.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Clint Eastwood likes this.
  16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Mental this season, usually the Spanish League you need to be top drawer to win it, this season Barcelona and Real Madrid have been * yet both are well clear at the top. More a case of who will stop making a * of themselves rather than who is the best.

In a normal season either one would probably be 10 points behind with that low a points tally.

17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Cheers for the detailed reply mate. I’m not really clued up on La Liga anymore as I just check results. Haven’t watched a game in a while as it’s not so easy to anymore in the UK.

Saw today that they have been given special permission to sign a player outside the window. Any idea who may be the target? As it’s only free agents or players who already are in Spain?

18. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Correct. Many names have been linked but would appear to be either Angel (Getafe) or Braithwaite (Leganes)

In keeping with the scandalous theme of his tenure, Bartomeu reportedly paid fake social media accounts to boost his image and undermine his detractors. Big news broke on this yesterday, most are demanding he step down and elections called earlier

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I still think they need rid of Abidal he’s just as toxic, half the squad * hate him.

20. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Abi has to go if for nothing else for the company he keeps, rubber stamps this disastrous board. Moreover, it’s unclear how he is qualified for this role if at all

Shame really, his story at the club as a player is legendary but apparently failed to heed the advice of teammates in joining Bartomeu. In the end, you have to own your choices and decisions

Gyp Rosetti likes this.