1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Wildlife Sightings!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by cidermaster, May 22, 2014.

Discuss Your Wildlife Sightings! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    One of my favourite small birds, the Dunnock. I love watching them in my garden, great wee characters

2. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    Sounds familiar. Mrs AMR goes on about "we're a great wee team" but never gets her hands dirty or wrecks her back. Does bring out loads of cups of tea and chocolate though, in fairness. :56:

3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I used to gather my own seeds and cuttings too and I still have loads of seeds in paper bags :56:Probably no chance of them ever growing now :52:

4. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    He is lovely. Beautifully camouflaged in the border too. Only really saw him when he moved out into the grass. Always nice to have something different visit.

5. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    I know a lot of people consider them as 'WBJ' (wee brown job) or LBB(little brown bird), but I think that's demeaning to all WBJ's. All birds are cool, even the small ones.

6. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    Yip, they all have their own wee personality. The markings on that fella were striking too.

7. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    That’s a beauty B, I wish you the best of good luck using it, :50: looking forward to seeing your pics.

Must have been loyalist slugs Red.

8. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    That would be right, Johnnie. Cowardly bassas who pick on defenceless. Don't get me started...oops too late. :celt_2:

9. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

10. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Things starting to hot up here in the Highlands. Today a pair of * Golden Eagles dwarfing a pair of Raven then flew near them.
    Also I well spotted a pair of Peregrine. Ruby Roo really enjoyed seeing a very close by Row Deer.
    Also seen were 3 Bullfiinch on the edge of the moor. 2 Red Grouse noted and another pair of Raven noted. A Sparrowhawk,5 Buzzards noted aswell.
    Ruby Roo loves the 5 hour walk:36:

11. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    wow I would love to live near that place!

12. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    if your interested Jeanie , I collected seeds from everywhere over the summer , all dried and stored away . Im planting for Scotland come the spring . ( council displays were a good hunting ground :fear: ) . Fuchias are my preferred plant and I collected loads of cuttings . Anyhoo , driving these wee country roads im afraid its only time till I cant avoid the pheasants running in front of the bus , honestly , im dreading it .

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I need to look through my seeds to see what I have. I know that I have lots of different aquilegia, nastys, pansies, wildflowers, nigella and mimulus. Plus an assortmant of pkts. I can't get any of them growing here as the wind and sea spray kills everything off. I've had these for a couple of years now in paper bags sealed in in a plastic box. They probably wont grow now.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    bagforlife and An Madadh Rua like this.
  14. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    I decided a few weeks ago that I would bring both my camera and some suet/nuts/raisins when I head out for a walk no matter where it was. It was an absolutely stinking day here today, windy and pelting down - one for the waterproof trousers. So, I thought there was no point in bringing either camera or food. After meeting Miss AMR Og 3 for coffee, I headed through the park, drenched. Only in the gate and two wee robins hopped down into my path and had a wee stare. I wondered if they were on the scrounge for food. Further on into the park, the blackbirds were hopping about all over the place, unperturbed by me walking and stopping to look. Best day in park for ages and kicked myself that I had left camera and food at home - karma for earlier in the week with T. Anyway, here's a few from earlier this week at home...

robin_wetday.JPG robin_wetday3.JPG blackbird_wetday1JPG.JPG

15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I thought that when I found a packet of 4 types of sunflower seeds I forgot about , they all germinated . See earlier you said the painting of all the woodwork was a hassle eventually , I love it, starting in the spring just me , thoughts painting over a few weeks , I dont sleep long times , usually 4/5 hours is ok , many a time im up out weeding , painting , pottering about at 5/6 am when its light , on my own just peace and quiet … im a weirdo I know .

16. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    Nothing weird about it Scotia, the morning golden hour is the most beautiful time of the day,even in driech weather you still have the beautiful silence and the dawn chorus,i love being up early in the summer,not so much in the winter.

17. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    Isn't it always the way Red, like the Kit Kat ad.:87:
    P.S. lovely pics :50:

18. An Madadh Rua

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Lisbon 67
    Very disappointing, Johnnie. Would have made great pictures. Your pitches would have suffered today with all the rain.

cidermaster, johnboy19 and bagforlife like this.
  19. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Actually apart from liking painting the woodwork you're not at all weird :56:I used to get up at 5 ish and go downstairs for a cuppa. If it was a dry morning I would go out and sit on the garden swing to watch the world start to wake up. It was lovely in spring and in summer. Often I would forget to cover the swing and my jammies got damp with the morning dew :52: I came down one morning to find all my basket marigolds headless :56:* only knows but the birds seemed to like chopping their heads off. I thought that I got around this by putting a mirror tile stuck to big lollypop sticks in each basket. The buggers weren't long in figuring that one out and I swear they were posing :56:They would pick my baskets apart for nests and weren't averse to stealing the mint. Apparently they like a bit of mint for their chicks and I had every kind of mint there was in my herb corner. There's nothing more relaxing than pottering around the garden as there's always some little job to do. :50:

20. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    well spotted Cider, that's more species of birds than I've seen in my life :56: