1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Leigh Griffiths

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Vertie Auld, Jan 31, 2014.

Discuss Leigh Griffiths in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

In all seriousness I'm warming to the idea of an older Premiership striker on a 6 month loan.

I wasn't all that keen on it when it was first mooted as it screams short-termism but the next 6 months are so important that it has a wider impact on the medium and longer term.

Blochairnbhoy and Random Review like this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'd rather Murray without doubt than Sharp..

Nah, Cohen is a winger/attacking mid for me who can cover if need be but we still need that foil to play off who is clever with his movement and will chip in with a few..

3. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    i loved griffiths as a player,but i think griffiths should be sold,hes been past it for a while now and pretty much useless as it stands.Didnt think there was much in the social media thing tbh.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Liability is a bit far in my opinion.

He's nowhere near lean or sharp enough to be in contention for us but the ability is still there. He's still pinged in a few decent finishes for us this season.

I believe in redemption and I still think there's a chance for him, if he really grafts at it. It's last chance saloon though, he has to know that.

No more Instagram stories on treadmills or social media posts alluding to a return, that simply won't wash. Lose the belly, tone down, work your * off in training and you might just play yourself back into Lennon's plans. It's all still in his hands.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Didn't realise there was so many mind readers/social media decoders amongst our support.

6. wulliebad

Someone posted something on his account hinting that he is done now we have a new striker,he posted back a picture with him standing with fingers in his ears(not listening) he then shut his account.
    Now this place is in melt down because the guy has clearly had enough of the abuse or crap and shut his twatter account.

7. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Alright, cheers mate,

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

8. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Far too many people on here are desperate to stick the boot in to our players. Some on here think hes done in a celtic shirt and that's fine, it's the * who are "appalled" by a nothing tweet. I wonder how they'd react if something truly appalling happened in their life

9. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    I honestly don't know what to make of him and this whole situation at this point. From one side there is a class player in there and I do not think he is quite done. No doubt he will never have another 40 goal season but I still believe he can score 20 but when? It's not gonna happen this season. Next one? I also doubt it because he will be way down the picking order. Perhaps it's time to go in the summer. Regarding the tweet...I think it was nothing really, sometimes I get triggered by something minor but that was really nothing and we should just disregard it.

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I haven't seen anyone "appalled" on here. Maybe elsewhere of course.

I can't speak for others, but every post I have contributed regarding this episode is frustration with the way he goes about things, and others have touched on it too.

Given his recent troubles, I don't think he does himself any favours with cryptic, ambiguous or vague social media activity. The scrutiny he has been under this last couple of years means that people are going to look into things however they see fit and then threads like this blow up, twitter goes daft and the rags rub their hands together.

At a time when we really need him back on form and a reliable option on the pitch, all this distracts from that. I agree that there are some OTT reactions but I just wish he would do his talking on the pitch.

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This is exactly what I took from it also!

we sign a striker and immediately * on Twitter some BBC nomad has him gone he must be sick of it!

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  12. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You could read it any way.

He’s obviously getting a lot on social media, people we’re calling for him to be sold before Klimala signed. Maybe he’s choosing not to hear the * and just continue to work hard.

Shouldn’t be posting anything cryptic but the reaction is a bit extreme.

13. ddub11

Griff has had our support,and still has but for someone who has had to deal with the issues he has had you would think he would stay away from social media.
    He,s not doing himself any favours and people patiants will wear thin with him if stuff like thia isnt stopped permantly.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

As far as I'm aware he has been getting abuse from so called Celtic fans on twitter. Not that much of a stretch to believe when you see some of the stuff on here.

Best thing can do/has done is get off twitter. People can't get to you if they can't get to you.

15. stew37

Best thing for him to do would be to stay off social media. If there's Celtic fans giving him abuse they can get tae * but that's social media, any idiot has access; if he can't read stuff without having to respond then he should just patch it for his own good.

Rydo1888* and Sean Daleer like this.
  16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

That's exactly it mate, in his position I think ignoring the trolls and morons who batter away on twitter is the best thing he can do. Might be great for your ego when you're smashing it and good for a laugh with team mates etc but I think it is more of a distraction than its worth.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Mental health can't be cured. It can be managed. You might even manage it to a place where it doesn't affect your day to day life.

It's always there though.

People assuming Griffiths should be "cured" by now know nothing of this debilitating illness.

I've been concentrated on one comment from one person on here. I can't imagine what it's like to get it from hundreds.

Shame on all of you who trivialise Leigh's illness.

18. horseshoe

That's it? * sake, I thought he'd actually done something seeing the last few pages going tonto over him. People don't half lose their mind on here when there's no games on.

19. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Very well said.

20. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Aye maybe I seen the the appalled bit elsewhere.

I dont believe twitter or any other social media app distracts you when you go on the training pitch or during game time but I agree it does provide your enemies with opportunity if you dont use it well.

He can only do his talking on the pitch when he gets game time and that has been quite limited and for the same reasons as why Shved hasn't featured we dont really know why.

I think Leigh is a good trainer but who knows. I definitely want to see him do what he does best though, on the park, scoring goals and tying scarfs to hun posts