1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Australia

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Boruc17, May 6, 2019.

Discuss Australia in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Horrible wee *, with a whiny voice and a stupid looking face you would quite happily use to put out fires.

Marty McFly and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  2. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Reminds me of that weasel Ben Shapiro

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Mince.Charming

It's not letting me reply to people, keeps saying error.
    I wasn't trying to deny climate change when I posted it, Its the first time ive came across the * videos.

I found some of the information on the video interesting, The new laws against fire breaks etc.
    There's obviously more to it than just climate change IMO.

4. leeso-ardoyne

On record! How long have these records been kept and who is verifying them. As I mentioned previously on here, the planet has been cooling and heating since the dawn of time. Natural disasters have been happening since then too. Humans are only here for a blink of an eye in that time period and think somehow theyve worked it all out that we are responsible some way. If we weren't on this planet, there's be no homes to destroy on costal areas, no homes destroyed by wild fire but you bet your balls these natural disasters will still scare this earth. Humans have gotten all intelligent and think the world evolves around us. Not a * chance!!

If there's money to be made, you can bet you bollox humans will come up with all sorts of cunning planes to relieve you of your own hard earned cash!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Sydneysider likes this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

The world doesn't stay steady.

Cold winter... climate change!!
    Wet winter... climate change!!
    Hot winter... climate change!!
    Etc etc.

Let's all complain while using phones that are charged via power stations, then drive home from the climate change rally. Hypocrites the lot of them. Theyll all be complaining when the electric and cars cost them double via a green tax that does * all to help the environment anyway.

Sydneysider likes this.
  6. Sydneysider

Saw a interesting article in New Scientist recently …"China on track to reach its climate goals "… Wow ! the country that produces all those Iphones and Ipads so loved by Gen Y and Z !
    Worlds biggest polluter !
    and now theyre actually doing something about Global warming !!!

Except that they're not.

Under the Paris Agreement China and India ( as "developing" countries - despite having nuclear arsenals and space programs) can both continue to hugely increase their pollution output until they reach their "peak goals" China in 2030 and India whenever they want, at which time ( we hope) they should / might take steps to reduce their carbon footprint / pollution.

The NS article writer was so chuffed ( bless him) because environmental experts/activists have calculated that China has increased its output of polluting gases faster than expected and will now reach their peak output earlier than 2030 ! at which point hopefully they will try to slow their pollution/ carbon output, but maybe not.

No penalties or sanctions if they don't of course.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  7. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Ignorance at its worst.

8. leeso-ardoyne

How?

9. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Because you ignore the mountains of scientific evidence supporting man's influence on climate in favour of what you want to believe, based on nothing more than the fact climate fluctuates naturally. Everybody knows it does, but it has never happened this quickly and the drivers of natural change in the past don't align with this timeline.

Johniebhoy. and Seán Mac D like this.
  10. leeso-ardoyne

There's as much evidence out there that says otherwise! Plus, we have only been keeping records for a short time so for me, I can't take them as fact. If there's huge amounts of money to be made, control etc.. then us humans can be thick as * to believe anything. Well the majority of us can be! The climate is Changing I've no doubt about that.
    There will be more devastating times ahead for humans who have settled and live on fragile areas, that's guaranteed! The planet is heating up but it'll cool down again at some point. Can us humans change it, give my head peace ffs! There's vested interests in quite alot of them scientific studies so don't take them as gospel! You've alot to learn about the human race and the greed we posses!

11. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

There really isn't as much evidence that says otherwise. In fact, it isn't even close.

We have evidence in the form of climate proxies dating back thousands (even millions) of years. That's too short a time?

And of course humans can change it. There's plenty of evidence to support that.

I won't deny that there are those who will piggyback on in an attempt to monetise it, but denying its very existence is completely wrong.

Taz likes this.