1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't recall reading anything indicating he is due the previous years bonuses like that. But I'm not an accountant so may have misread it.

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He got £1m for Sinclair apparently

also £900k for Morgan!

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    We’re did you hear about Sinclair if that true that’s good business .... a return on scotty after 3 cracking season and a return on Morgan who was horse *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnboy19 likes this.
  4. leeso-ardoyne

Some people just have it in them to rise to the top where others shy away and settle for less. It's human nature! I've seen it everywhere in my lifetime including some of the things I've achieved. You need that no fear and winning mentality. Every single one of us have it on different levels and put some in a room with others and they are the leader then put them in a room with others, and they shrink.

Fair play to Pete for his achievement's in life. I don't agree with most things he does with our club but at the end of the day, I'm just a thick * from North Belfast and same goes for most of us here so we can't really complain that much about a man who has risen to the top of his game. We just have to accept it or challenge it and try to get into his position and make them decesions for our club. Will that happen, will it *!

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Difference is they don't earn the right to get straight into Group Stages of CL only their champions have earned that right.

6. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ed Woodward (Manchester United’s chief executive) is the highest paid director in the worlds richest league, as he made £3.1 million last season

Peter lawwell earned £3.5 million last season.

Seen this on FB last night. Not sure how true or untrue it is mind.

Anyway, time for my annual bashing of lawell. We are in a title race weather some of us like to admit it or not. It's time for us to flex our financial superiority here. The 9 in a row and 10 in row should not be risked in the slightest. When we hit the half way point of the season ahead and only ahead because the game in hand, it's time to act.

If lawell is amongst the highest paid for his role, globally (it seems). Now is the time to prove your weight in gold.

If we are stopped in our bid for 10 in a row, and it's down to lack of signings, I don't think many will ever forgive this man. We need key areas of the team strengthened and we need them this window.

Granted we ain't even a third the way through this window yet but we have been here before with lawell. Telling each other it's early days, give it time etc. But the way we do our business sometimes makes me nervous, if we have identified key players let's not * about, get it done dinner rather than later!

Fully87 likes this.
  7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Don’t we get about 3 million or so just for winning the league?

8. SkyeCelt

His son is scouting and recruitment manager at Man City. Think Pete greased the wheels there?

9. Eazey

True mate. We all have varying degrees of skills and expertise.
    Best way to strive for something is to learn how others did it. Probably why I'm interested.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  10. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    This was for 2018/19 season

Ladbrokes Premiership
    1st - 13.40% - £3,350,000
    2nd - 9.60% - £2,400,000
    3rd - 8.25% - £2,062,500
    4th - 7.25% - £1,812,500
    5th - 6.75% - £1,687,500
    6th - 6.25% - £1,562,500
    7th - 5.75% - £1,437,500
    8th - 5.50% - £1,375,000
    9th - 5.25% - £1,312,500
    10th -5.00% - £1,250,000
    11th - 4.75% - £1,187,500
    12th - 4.50% - £1,125,000

11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Must be forced out of the club. Is there a GB banner so sickening, so shocking, that Lawwell would pack up from seeing it?

seanm and johnboy19 like this.
  12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He earns £1.17m per season and a bonus every few seasons

13. leeso-ardoyne

Why must he be forced out of the club. Have you seen our trophy room these last few years plus our bank balance? The men who make the decisions for our club certainly wouldn't agree with you, Nor i! I've had some amazing memories these last few years along with my kids in Glasgow that I'll take to the grave with me. Memories Ive always wanted my club to achieve. Trebles, invincibles, treble treble, destroying the huns, great games in Europe. 9IAR year, beating the huns in a cup final! What more do we want! I know there's been a few slip ups during this time but that's football for you. We need them slip ups to appreciate the good times. The sweet is never as sweet without the sour as the aul saying goes!

You need to remember the climate we operate in. On paper PL is a success so any notion of forcing him out of CELTIC, behave yourself!!

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Weve found Peter lads.

seanm and johnboy19 like this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Some English football agent about Sinclair was in papers and MLS article (fan page) about Morgan.

littlekennie likes this.
  16. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Who’s trolling who?

17. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nurse!..it's transfer time and he's escaped again!

seanm and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    It’s frightening the amount we get and that covered his salary and bonus that year.

seanm likes this.
  19. Cupid Stunt

Probably too busy writing up his next attack on the Green Brigade to get involved with signing off on transfers.

seanm and Avatar Daizen like this.
  20. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    OLD Firm bosses planned to quit Scottish football and apply to join the English league, we can reveal.

A confidential dossier outlining their strategy was shared in secret emails sent by Celtic chief Peter Lawwell to then Rangers supremo Martin Bain.
    It claimed they’d have a “massive impact” on the Premier League down south — and insisted their departure would also boost the Scots game by making it “more competitive”.

The paperwork was sent from Lawwell’s assistant Eleanor O’Neill to Bain’s PA Louise Barrie in 2011.
    The document’s first section was titled: “What would the Old Firm bring to English football?”
    It said “the addition of two more “giant” teams” would have “an exponential impact” on the number of big games available to be shown on TV worldwide.

The proposal added: “In a media environment craving additional quantity and quality of games, the introduction of Celtic and Rangers into the FA Premier League would have a massive impact on the ability to meet that demand.”
    The executives said their travelling supporters would bring “a welcome revenue boost for many clubs”.
    They claimed: “The two teams also benefit from a global following similar to that enjoyed by only a few teams in England such as Manchester United and Liverpool.

Driven by Scottish and (in the case of Celtic in particular) Irish migration, the USA, Canada and Australia provide large, wealthy and committed fan bases.”

Strange timing for this apparent “Secret Email” to be revealed