1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Think Pete May take home slightly more very surprising

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Peter takes £1.5m a year plus a bonus every few year!

3. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Thought a read something not so long ago that he had taking just over £3m

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah that was including a 3 year LTIP bonus.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  5. Eazey

Would be interesting to see our boys CV.
    How does a person work their way to that type of salary? (Out with obvious nepotism and cultural advantage)

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Friend of mine's Mrs has a dad who pulls in a big six figure salary, and I remember her saying that when she was growing up, she never saw him because he was constantly working.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Eazey

No doubt these guys put in the hours.
    From a quick google our boy was a trainee accountant then ends up a director. Some rise to glory though.
    Maybe Peter should write a Broony style Biography "bhoy who runs scottish fitbaw" title needs work.

8. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Lawell running a huge risk her imo. We need reinforcements. It's blatantly obvious. Forrest has been very poor for a while. It would seem Lennon has little belief in anything we currently have in the squad to give him competition. If Julien or Ajer get injured we'd be *. We can't rely on Jozo and Biton is not a CB. We need a striker as again, don't think Lennon has any great conviction about Bayo or Griff or they would have seen far more game time than they have done.

So in a nutshell, should we not win the league I think there will be a fans backlash, if only in so far as the amount of S/T's sold. Wouldn't be surprised if that dropped to about 30000.
    That's major cash and for the club not to realise this is worrying.

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Lawwell couldn’t give a * what the fans think about him or his salary and bonus, that was evidently clear at the last AGM when Bankier said he was worth every penny. My main gripe is the * sitting back and allowing the MSM and the huns to do a hatchet job on our fans, my money would also be on the fly * being tied up in the fabled 5 way agreement.

johnboy19 and Avatar Daizen like this.
  10. CountyDownFaithful

I get your concerns, there would 100% be a backlash, but we sold 39,000 season tickets during Ronny's tenure when the football was really hard to watch and as much as our support would be raging about losing the league, not that many would give up their season tickets.

It's all hypothetical until it happens though. I'm still hopeful we can win 9IAR if we strengthen this month with 2/3 signings and Lennon uses the squad better in the second half of the season.

Lawwell does not want to be the guy that messed up 10IAR as it completely destroys his reputation given how far we have been ahead of the Huns on and off the park.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Whoflungdung likes this.
  11. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Mate I would have put those concerns in my post as I totally agree, but right now surely our number one concern is what is happening on the pitch. The MSM have been doing this season what they have done for decades. We should be as used to that as much as Lawell's lack of balls for want of a better expression.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Jesus my old man goes on about the MSM and the * they wrote back in his days(70s and 80s) and even my granda used to go on about them and he went to Lisbon!!!

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Tell your da I was asking for him and that I'm eternally grateful that he died for our sins.

14. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Makes me physically sick how much Lawell is earning at our club. £3.55m last season is a disgrace for a club our size. Earned more than every other EPL club CEO for what? Domestic dominance? That should be a given considering our only rivals went * up. Champions league qualification is where he should he judged and he has failed miserably other than 2 years under BR in recent times. Haggling over a few 100k for McGinn when this charlatan makes obscene bonuses.

15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Unless his contract has changed again that is how he is judged. His bonus criteria stipulates we must qualify for, and play in, the CL groups to be eligible for his bonus.

16. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    We've done it twice in the last 6 years. Under no circumstances should he be earning more than his counterparts in the EPL.

Fully87 likes this.
  17. StevieBhoooy!

‘Mon Pete...

...off the golf course and get the finger out!

(and the cash!)

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

In 5-year terms.

If we turn a profit in each of the 5 years but only qualify for the Champions League Group stages once in those 5 years, he gets 5 years worth of bonus.

If we make profit in 1 year and break even 4 years and qualify for the Champions League Group stage in 5 of the 5 years, he gets 1 year worth of bonus.

The deal is still heavily weighted in favour of turning profit v consistent sporting achievement.

Also the year the LTPIP was brought in his basic salary saw a 100% increase to £1.1 million.

Bertie Cauld and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Pretty sure it said the qualification had to be in the same financial year, which would indicate it's not just once in the 5 years, each years bonus is taken individually. Although the overall bonus might not get paid until the end of the period. So if we qualify 2 out of 5 years he gets 2/5 of the possible bonus. That is my reading of it anyway.

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The bonus is payable in the same year of qualification, which then restarts the next 5 year term.

eg. 2019/20 - Profit made, no qualification to Champions League - no bonus paid that year

2020/21 - Profit made, no qualification to Champions League - no bonus paid that year

2021/22 Profit made, qualified for Champions League - LTPIP bonus paid for 3 previous years

2022/23 - new 5 year term started