1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Nervous but I really fancy us to put together a great performance . I fancy us to play all the football, be wasteful but win 3-0 (forrest, Christie , boli)..let's hoping it's a dry day

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

2. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Don’t think anyone has factored in any more first team injuries yet. There is ALWAYS one. For this one fixture of the season some random, usually uninjured player pulls out with some kind of extraordinary injury. Let’s hope it isn’t someone important.

3. Cringer67

This is the team he has to play.cant go shoe horning forest and Christie on the (wrong) wings

Tommy25, Mickmac and buchanbhoy like this.
  4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Lenny will be telling the bhoys that this is a great opportunity to create a nice cushion for the new year.

Slippy will be telling his mutants that a result against us could be a title decider.

As usual... it will be 80% who wants it more and 20% moments of magic.

Too close to call for me.

Pure bricking it here

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    You saw what they're capable of last time we played. You also saw when we had Edouard on the field that our game completely changed. You saw their defence crack when he was up top.

Can you imagine playing the Huns when they had no recognised striker on the field and two other players with really poor fitness/carrying injuries? I'd expect it to be a bloodbath. It could've been but we were clinical when it mattered.

I'd expect us to win with home advantage and us fielding a much stronger team than last time.

6. john2061

Lenny needs a game plan if they try the strong press on our midfield as we struggled badly in the final of the league cup .
    Maybe he might throw a curve ball and go five in midfield and three at the back .

7. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  8. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Nah, we pump them on Sunday and we have an eight point lead. Regardless of games in hand, the pressure will be on them big time and I'm fully expecting them to crumble. Pumping on sunday in the league is just about over imo.

9. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Just hope the likes of Lewis Morgan turn up this time.

HH.

Seán Mac D, Hammy89 and StPauli1916 like this.
  10. Maestro 08

We need to impose our game on them and we'll do that by playing at a high tempo, one and two touch and not letting them settle. If we come out lethargic and ponderous it could be a long day.

This 4-5-1 they set up in, with basically 4 centre mids so they can overwhelm the midfield has got them some success in Europe and also caused us a host of problems in the Final. We need to find a way to win the midfield battle as we are getting outnumbered and too often bullied. I wouldn't be against a 3-5-1-1. Think we have the players to suit it.

....................Forster....................
    .............Ajer Bitton Jullien.........
    Forrest............Brown...........Boli
    ............Christie.....McGregor.......
    ..................Johnston...................
    .......................Eddy......................

Could also go Frimpong RWB and Forrest playing off Eddy. Or for those wanting Ntcham, bring him in for Mikey and swap roles with Christie.

11. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Can't go 352 against them they have wingers and fullbacks, way too many people going up wing.

12. celtic warrior

Have to start Johnstone on the left, if nothing else it then means Forrest and Christie are in their best positions.

We are at home, Eddie starting, their high press will be dangerous for them to play as Eddie will be a perfect outball to then open up running space for guys like Forrest, Mikey, Frimpong and Bolingoli out wide.

We need to * off with the idea of trying to be unpredictable and throw in a surprise start like dropping Christie and going with Ntcham (although he has been great)

13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    They couldn't handle a 65% fit Edouard for 30mins.

14. Maestro 08

Arfield or Aribo ain't wingers. They have a RM who basically plays as another CM, very narrow with Tavernier over lapping. I'd fancy Frimpong up against Kent and and it would be up to our wingbacks to push them back. That's more manageable if we win the midfield which we would do a lot easier imo with a 3-5-2. Has it's weaknesses obviously but I think they've sussed our 4-2-3-1 out a bit.

15. celtic warrior

To me, Ajer doesn't work in a 3-5-2.

He's a fantastic talent and constantly improving, but he loves a slide tackle and is prone to conceding penalties if he's left isolated in a high pressure moment.

I'd be feel better with a solid 4 at the back.

16. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    If you think Eddy is gonna win this one on his own you need to wake up.

Simply put...this game will be won from the middle of the park...our midfielder's need to up it big time.

TonyTim and Maestro 08 like this.
  17. Maestro 08

I quite like him on the right of a back 3. I think he has good recovery pace and having 2 more experienced guys next to him i think would actually take some of the pressure off him, I'd also fancy Frimpong to give him decent cover if he gets dragged out wide. The 3CB's would give us a good presence for defending set pieces. That's a real strong point of theirs and they had a good few clear cut headers against us.

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Hoping we can't/won't play as badly against them as at Hampden. We need to control the ball better and show more energy in midfield to dominate the game. We have it in us, and as @PaulM1888 says they must be mentally * now after that game.

Edouard will ruin them I think, 2-0.

19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Hampden has no bearing on this game. It was a shocking pitch and we had Lewis Morgan up front, effectively playing with 10 men.

Completely different ball game at Parkhead and I'm expecting nothing less than 3 points.

Tommy25, cas79, Hammy89 and 2 others like this.
  20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Cant * wait.