1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    probably easier to just take his advice.

2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hehe you’re so funny x

3. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “The Christmas Ad was a lot of fun. It’s a great initiative and hopefully it’ll make a few quid for our charity.”

NL: “Leigh Griffiths will be involved in the squad this weekend. He’s happy and I’ve seen enough to think he can make a contribution.

NL “Greg Taylor’s had a couple of international games and he’s come back bouncing. Bitton too. Those games will benefit him

NL: “Hatem will be out for another couple of weeks. Moi should be back in the next 7-10 days.”

NL : I cant stop teams coming in and making bids, but as far as I’m concerned Edouard is not for sale

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Rydo1888*, MGall1386 and tarboltontim like this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

Note the difference here. He says it all in one coherent sentence. Contrast that with Slippy pretending not to want to but desperately hoping someone buys.

cidermaster, bagforlife and Rydo1888* like this.
  7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: It's always a worry that you could lose a bit of momentum after the international break, but there was no sign of that today."

NL on
    @JeremieFrimpong
    : "He was and has been outstanding. He's came into a daunting challenge and huge club and done brilliantly."

NL on
    @Leighgriff09
    : "He's made a timely comeback. He's got a bit to go but you can see he can still find those chances."

NL: "That was a tough game under the circumstances and we done brilliantly. We take tomorrow off then look forward to Thursday."

NL: "It was a physical game and the players did really well. Winning second balls against Livingston is never easy so I'm really pleased with the team."

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Cringer67

Win all our games between now and dec 31st and we go into January, a bare minimum, 6pts in front. Achievable and Has to be the target.

12. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    No doubt achievable, but I still believe we can do more.

13. Cringer67

How can we do more than win all
    our games? :)

Gyp Rosetti, Dan Breen and JML67 like this.
  14. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I should of written be more than 6 points, 6 points would be good but I suppose you can't affect other teams resultsp. Their squad as a whole is far weaker than ours and any injuries or suspensions will hit them harder than it would hit us. We have far more goal scorers across the board, our defence is very solid and we can cover all positions with solid cover.

Cringer67 likes this.
  15. CountyDownFaithful

One of the things Frimpong mentioned in his post-match interview was that Lennon is demanding the players to win the ball back quickly and it is something you can see the players are doing really well. A lot of teams will lose possession and revert to their defensive shape, but as soon as we lose the ball the players are hunting in packs to win it back and forcing the opposition into making mistakes. Guardoila had a 6 second rule for winning the ball back at Barcelona and it looks like this is something Lennon has adopted, it ties in nicely with his high-intensity style.

This team has so much potential. A couple of signings in January (Striker and CDM) would be the icing on the cake.

16. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Neil Lennon has unearthed a gem here. With Frimpong and Forrest we have some amount of pace and trickery down the right hand side now. Amazing to think it was Neil Lennon who gave Frimpong and Forrest their debuts.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: Winning the group is the main motivation and to get a 100% record at home is an added incentive.

NL: "The highest the club has achieved in a European group stage 10 points so we want to better that."

NL: "To be in this position in the group is very satisfying but we're not going to relax on it. The players are motivated to go out and perform tomorrow night."

NL on Rennes: "They can come here and play with freedom. It's difficult to read what sort of team they will play or what the mindset will be, so we've been focusing on what we can do."

NL: "There's not the same pressure on us, but we will ask the players to perform at the level we know they're capable of. I want the players to perform like they've performed for the past 6-8 weeks

NL on injuries: "Jonny Hayes won't make it but
    @GregGregtaylor
    is ready to play.
    @mikeyjohnston10
    is also available for selection."

NL on a busy festive schedule: "Ideally, you'd like to plan ahead but it never works out that way with potential injuries and quick turnarounds between games. We have to go game by game and adjust accordingly."

NL: "Slowly but surely I think we've built up a trust with the fans again and they're excited about the team. I'm delighted with how things have gone so far."

Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: "It was an enthralling game. I enjoyed the game from a tactical point of view as well as the team performance. We had some milestones to achieve tonight. Could we go beyond ten points? Could we win the group? We answered all those questions tonight

NL: "We handled the mentality of the game very well. I’m absolutely delighted for the players. They keep setting themselves these milestones and they’re a fantastic bunch. They’re playing very well at the minute."

NL: "It’s a landmark night for us. What pleased me is the 100% record at home and then that sends out a really strong message. We are unbeaten away and domestically playing great. It was important to keep that momentum going

NL: "We felt that
    @10LewisMorgan
    would bring pace and he’s a really fit lad. He’s getting stronger physically. I’m delighted. It was a great goal he scored and his all-round play today was excellent."

NL on
    @Oedouard22
    : "He’s got a niggle and we didn’t want to take any chances with him. We’ll see how he is at the weekend.

bagforlife likes this.