1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    One of the best keepers in the history of the club. Guys like Gordon is like having a goalkeeper in handball. You just expect them to never save

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    What a difference having him in goals, hopefully we can get him signed up permanently.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  3. StevieBhoooy!

The stats for the game... particularly shots on target show how important he was in the game....

65FD0E41-40D1-4CB0-9137-6E7F53A6A912.jpeg

4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Imagine the table if Gordon or Bain was between the sticks???

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. northeast67

He's been the difference in both games v Lazio, matchwinner and makes it look easy.
    Sign him up

6. HH88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think we should do whatever we can to have him here permanently again. Hes been fantastic for us.

7. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Next time we're 3 or 4 up he needs to fake some real howlers to keep his asking price down if we move for him on a permanent deal. :)

8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Surely Saints just want him off payroll, being so far out of the picture there? His stock is raising fast, Pedro needs to strike fast in January

Cringer67 and Fully87 like this.
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ironically the guy who deemed it acceptable to loan out Forster and Elyounoussi to us is now the Huns new DOF.

10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Another one we have fortunately slipped in??

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Falkirk fan.

Turned them down a few year ago because he was getting the DOF job at Southampton when Les Reed left, got it and Southampton have been a riot since then and now he’s ran back to the Huns.

12. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Shower him with money. He's the goalkeeper we need and deserve.

Rydo1888* and Dan Breen like this.
  13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Told me he’s got to say something like that

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FF: (on international break) "It’s been a good chance to give some players a bit of a rest and also get some good work in, so the lads are all in a good place”

FF: "We’re on a good run and it would’ve been nice to keep going but now we’re refreshed and want to get back at it."

FF: "I want to try and get back in the England squad and that just makes me want to work that bit harder. So it’s a case of trying to play as well as I can here and see what happens."

FF: "Playing for this club is very special. The standards are so high and I’m loving every second of having that back in my life."

FF: "It’s always nice to keep clean sheets. We’re proud of how we’ve been playing but it’s early in the season and we need to get off to a good start on Saturday and keep on winning."

FF: "The gaffer has always been fantastic with me. He’s such a good man-manager and knows how to get the best out of the lads. I’m very lucky he was able to bring me back. Hopefully I can repay his faith in me."

Rydo1888*, tarboltontim and JC Anton like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Fraser Forster has revealed he’s had no contact with anyone at Southampton since returning to Celtic on loan.

The goalkeeper has rediscovered top form in spectacular style since penning a season-long deal in August after 18 months in the wilderness at the Premier League club.

And he has dismissed fears he could be recalled to St Mary’s in January, insisting he is at the Hoops for the year.

Forster is preparing for an extended run in the Europa League and a tilt at 9 in a row and another treble with Neil Lennon’s side.

But as the transfer window approaches and with Southampton on a torrid run of form, fears are growing among the Hoops support that Ralph Hassenhuttl could recall the 31-year-old.

However, Forster said: “I don’t think so. It’s a season long loan and I’ll be here until the end of the season.

“I have not spoken to anyone (at Southampton) since I came up here. That’s just how football works.

I’m up here, I’m a Celtic player for the year and that’s fine. I just want to do as well for this club as I can.
“I am loving being back and playing. I want to make the most of my time.

I had a tough year last year and the main thing was to get back to enjoying football and enjoying life again.”

Forster admits he’s settled right back into the groove at Celtic and the club has put a smile back on his face

But with two-and-a-half years left on his Saints deal he knows his long-term future is out of his hands.

“I don’t know what it is about the place,” he said. “There are a lot of good people at the club and I work with a lot of good people.

The manager has been brilliant with me and I am working with a great goalkeeping coach in Stevie Woods.

“I just love being here, I just enjoy it.”

Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. superhans

Some journalist from the Southampton Echo was on the Irish radio station Newstalk recently talking about Southampton struggles, he was saying FF was the highest paid employee at Southampton, if that's the case we should be using this time to scout a decent replacement because unfortunately we have no chance signing him permanently.

18. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Hope he is OK for next game, having to stand there all afternoon, freezing his nuts off.
    Got to be the easiest 60K a week since leaving Saints.

19. Jeremie Frimpong

Who at Southampton allowed Forster and Elyounoussi to go out on loan? :giggle1:

20. Onefootwonder

I really fear Southampton recalling him. They are struggling and we have Forster who is back to his best.

We need to spend big for him.