1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Rod Stewart doing the huddle!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Aidzo 09, May 15, 2011.

Discuss Rod Stewart doing the huddle! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeremie Frimpong

* off, "Sir Rod".

2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    As a big Rod fan … I have to say … Shut the fukup ya ersehole !!

3. Mr. Slippyfist

Hate to say it though, but he has a point in regards to the flares and the Mussolini banner.

Getting fined time and time again for flares, so aye....naturally the first thing some stupid * do is let off flares. Petulant, selfish *. :nonono:

The Mussolini banner - I'm not against it or anything, I just personally couldn't give a * about it, nor did I think it necessary. That being said, UEFA coming down on us for it is a farce.

4. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

He isn't wrong about the flares anyway. It's ridiculous that time and time again we're fined for them and time and time again they still light them up.

Fans were fantastic aside from that, so don't see why that was necessary at all.

As I've said before there are fines worth taking and fines that aren't. Standing up to fascism is something that we should always be proud of. Lighting a flare for the sake of being rebellious is not.

5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56:

6. StevieBhoooy!

I’m with him on the flares ....

Although he’s got previous himself (hypocrite).

DBD67A0D-D0B5-499A-95E7-51EBE3D8AF29.jpeg

Should just be a fan and avoid being drawn into the usual media questions.

Is he in the cup tickets scheme or travel club?
    Always seems to make it to the big matches. I suppose those February midweek games against Hamilton are just a bit too much to add to his busy schedule..

7. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    It's the only time he gets media/social attention is when Celtics involved. He needs the Celtic to promote his dire music these days.

trip2themoon and Slaw like this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Disgraceful comment

*Available to buy at iTunes, Amazon and Google Play

packybhoy, Gyp Rosetti and elbhoydo like this.
  9. scootz

Are folks really having a go at Rod Stewart for those comments?

Catch yersel's on for * sake. He's allowed to speak - and he's hardly said anything controversial here!

Tim-Time 1888 and cidermaster like this.
  10. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    He is spot on about the flares and of course deeply loves our Great Club. He is a massive supporter of Celtic,massive:ynwacelti

packybhoy and scootz like this.
  11. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He's allowed to say what he feels, I just don't like the part about him looking at Lawwell and nodding in agreement as if he's part of the board.

He not using us to get noticed though ffs he'd be lucky to find a street in the world where he wouldn't get noticed.

charlietully likes this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Changjon St, Pyongyang. :fear:

packybhoy likes this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: He would love the flares they let off :eek:

14. scootz

Lets have a look at the 'story' that some seem to have lapped-up and have used to take umbrage at Rod.

Quote from article; "Rod Stewart has blasted the Green Brigade for lighting flares at Celtic’s Euro glory night in Rome."

No. He most certainly did not 'blast' anyone! He said he turned to Peter Lawwel and said "We're in trouble - aren't we". What the * is contentious about that? He was absolutely right - and it would seem like a perfectly natural conversation to be had between 2 men sat together watching fitba.

He also said, "We've got to be careful - we don't help ourselves". Again, what wrong with that? He's 100% correct - we don't in this regard. We all know that you're not allowed to bring pyro to games, but some still do (in spite of knowing that many of their Celtic brothers and sisters at the game don't like them). And then there's the punishment - when do the 5 figure fines start turning to small section stadium closures? Fans potentially not getting the chance to see Celtic because some wee bhoys want to play with their big sparklers!

The next (apparently) contentious point, “I think the Mussolini thing may have been over the top". So he wasn't keen on the giant banner of a dead and hanging dictator - and!? Many of us also think that there would have been MUCH better ways to highlight the scourge of fascism. Seems we might have our own petty fascists who want to dictate who can say what.

Then there's the rest of the article - the part that pretty much takes up the other ninety-odd percent; where he lavishes praise on the team, our support, and reveals he sang 'Grace' with fans! Where the * else are you seeing genuine rock-royalty singing in the streets with fellow fitba fans? Look at the language he uses throughout the article; 'US' and 'WE'. He's family!

Pyro's? Seems we have enough rockets of our own! And for some to suggest that his comments here were 'embarrassing'!? I'll tell you what's embarrassing - falling hook, line and sinker for an agenda laden article, and then helping to MAKE a story out of it! Well done... well * done!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  15. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    :56: jesus @scootz that's some appraisal. Acceptable points and I pretty much agree.

For the record though, I haven't fallen hook line and sinker for anything. I posted that he can * off as I don't see why his opinion is any more valuable than anybody else's regarding Celtic or our fans. Not his fault that an article was written perhaps, but it just irks me.

He stays in his lovely hotel at the Spanish Steps, sits beside Peter Lawwell and shows up for all the "big" games and is lauded like some sort of hero.

Adds a version of Grace to his album but is happy to accept a knighthood from the Brits. I'm not a fan.

16. scootz

You're right - his opinion isn't any more valuable than yours or mine, but he's a major celebrity... if he farts, then it'll find it's way into the newspapers! Occupational hazard.

:50:

Marty McFly likes this.
  17. Jeremie Frimpong

Gie's peace. :giggle1:

KRS-1888 and Lilac Wine like this.
  18. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Lessons on behaviour and morality from a knight of the British Empire who had no problem playing Sun City and Israel.

Go * yourself "sir" Rod.

20. Jeremie Frimpong