1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Christopher Jullien

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Christopher Jullien in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: @Chri6ViF
    's fine, he had a bug but he trained this morning.

2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That’s good, should start then tomorrow

3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I know he got the decisive goal v Lazio but we need him to be more clinical with the chances he's getting most games. Another 'free heidy' in the 6 yard box and he never even got it on target. A lad of his aerial ability should be scoring reasonably often for us.

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. Momo Sylla

Could be vital for us in Europe. Just need to look back at Lenny's last 16 run to see how important set pieces are when we're up against better opponents.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    At least he is creating chances from corners, hopefully he will start to convert a percentage of the chances. I do like his starting position, the way he runs onto the ball.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It’ll come in time, it’s clear Lenny’s been working on set pieces. He mentions it when we score from them and we’re a lot more dangerous than we were this time last year

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Definitely. It's also crucial against these teams that just play with 2 banks of 5 too. I thought we were guilty of over-playing it at times in and around the box, so when we get the opportunity to see balls into the box we should be capitalising more often when you look at the height we have throughout the team.

9. Jeremie Frimpong

St. Mirren were playing with a single bank of 10 at times. :giggle1:

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

...and we were still trying to play triangles on the edge of the 18 yard box. In that scenario you need to get the ball out wide and whipped in to attack. It's essential to get the wing-backs down the line on overlaps and pulling men out from that area.

Taylor done okay at it but Bauer was constantly taking the safe option and passing it back. We missed Frimpong driving at the man.

Dan Breen and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    And Ajer..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Feels like Ajer hasnt put the head on a set piece in about a year.

Biggest * on the park in about 95% games we play, in the box at every corner and never a threat.

He had a spell about 2 seasons ago where he won a lot from set pieces just never scored or hit the target and you thought goals would eventually come but for 1-2 years now he's done nothing.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    At set pieces those 2 should be standing touch tight and just attacking the ball. Defences shouldn't be able to live with those 2 running at the 6 yard box attacking ball's..

Jullien has had numerous attempts free in the 6 yard box to be fair. It isn't his attacking the ball that's the problem...it's his execution..

Should've scored 3 in a game the other week at home..

Ajer needs to do more getting on the end of thing's in my opinion for his size and ability..

Dan Breen likes this.
  14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Just checked and Ajer has 3 goals in 103 games for us - one of them was that run from right-back against Motherwell so 2 are probably from set pieces, Nomme Kalju and Suduva at home * woeful. Never scored a single goal from a set piece against domestic opposition in 70 starts. Sviatchenko and Denayer were about 5'11 and done more damage even Caldwell who wasn't even that good in the air.

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ajer and Jullien should be getting half a dozen goals each over the course of a season. Part of the blame lies with our pish deliveries, but even when those two do get on the end of them, they miss some amount of sitters.

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Should've got two in the Cluj game. One after the other.

Can't fault the service.

You're right. Those two should be scoring a bucket full of goals for us.

Dan Breen likes this.
  17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I suppose defense skill training took up most of their training time when they were very young. No real heading practice. I disagree with 2 tall players standing too close- they'd end up hindering each other.

18. Markybhoy

Hmm I don't know if I agree with that. Poor delivery from corners has been a recurring problem over the last decade, I will give you that. But I actually think Ryan Christie is one of the better corner kick takers we have had in recent times. Particularly from the right wing, where he can take inswingers.

In the last twenty years I can only really think of three good corner kick takers we've had. Lubo Moravcik, Barry Robson, and now Christie. Robson was the best. There may have been one or two others that my memory is failing to recall but it has been a short list.

19. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Its not seen as the done thing in the modern game....to be training centre halfs to be up scoring headers at corners. When you look at the top top teams i.e Real Madrid, Barca, Man City, Bayern Munich....they are not relying on their centre halves scoring them goals from corner situations....they always always find a way to break teams down.

The old centre halves scoring at corners is seen as a lower league fitba tactic these days. Although I do agree that the way some teams park the bus and the just defend for their lives at Celtic Park that we do need that threat and attacking option

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Christie's delivery has improved very recently. It used to border on horrible.