1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Pleasantly surprised for the most part followed by paragraphs of downplaying our success and finished with a ridiculous point of view of us trailing by 7 or 8 points at the end of 2019....:43:

You claim we haven't improved, yet we:

• Have more league points than this point last season (19 v 16)
    • Have scored more league goals than this point last season (22 v 13) & more goals in all competitions (54 v 34)
    • Sit top of our Europa group (3rd at this stage last season)

Perhaps it's time for you to "face facts"?

I don't know how you've deduced we've had "easy games". We've played the huns, Hibs, Motherwell, Livingston, Hamilton away from home. All places our previous manager - that we have apparently regressed since - dropped points at.

You're all over the shop.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  2. angusceltic67

Sorry but that's just hysterical nonsense, of the three games you mentioned 2 were away and on plastic and we actually won one of them and even the Hibs game we never lost.

The tactics were pretty sound in the 14 games we have won so far this season, even the draws against Cluj and Rennes away were decent enough.

We lost a game when playing with ten men and on a surface that has found us out time and time again even before Lenny, we're not in any kind of crisis here. The Huns have an absolute * of a fixture list coming up in the next two months in November they have two away games on plastic and in December of their 6 games 4 are away (Sheep, Mwell, Hibs, and ourselves) if anything it will be us that's 7/8 clear by Chrimbo IMO.

3. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Spot on

Mickmac likes this.
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You seem like the sort of * who would hope to lose the league to see Lennon sacked!

Few on here in their wanking chariot last season wanting to lose games and finals so he wouldn’t get the job.

Was a * of a run of away games!

2 plastic pitches - 1 after international break and another after a European game.

1 away at Easter road where Hibs done * all got a luck deflection and then camped in and brother Clancy made sure we didn’t get anything with 2 stone wall penalties denied!

we were not meant to * slap the huns at the start of September that wasn’t in the script!

the computer gave them a very favourable start to the season! No denying they have won 7/7 and only lost to us!

Huns have had helping hands most of season. Red cards for opponents and penalties galore again!

their run in for the next 11 games to end of December is horrific!

aberdeen, Hibs, Motherwell, livingston, Hearts, Celtic and 1 other away game! In isolation you might think that’s not that bad but add in the weather, European games and accumulated fatigued players then it will become an issue!

outwith their core 18 players the rest are dung! Even their core 18 aren’t that great!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: "We’re looking forward to this weekend. Everyone’s came back from the international break in good spirits. The only doubt we have is Ntcham, who rolled his ankle in training yesterday. We’ll have to assess him today and see how he is."

NL: “Elhamed had a bit of a virus in between the two games but he played in the second game so should be fine for tomorrow.”

NL: “Over the piece, we’ve been brilliant. But the facts are we’ve picked up one point out of the last six available so we need to rectify that tomorrow.”

NL: “The scenes in Bulgaria were absolutely disgraceful. There’s no room for racism at all, in any walk of life, certainly in our culture, we abhor it. I thought the England players handled themselves brilliantly.”

NL: “Rogic is up to speed, hopefully we’ve got Ntcham even though he’s a bit of a doubt, but Christie would be a miss for any team right now the way he’s playing at the minute. We’ll have to adjust accordingly

NL: “We play Saturday and then the European game isn’t until Thursday, so that’s plenty of time in between. The players want to play and Lazio is a huge game for us in the context of the group so we want to be as strong as possible.”

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “I thought that was probably the most complete performance I’ve had in my second spell here.”

NL: “Our football was exhilarating at times. Our appetitive and our intensity to win the game. We’ve got a good team and more to come from them. Marvellous performance all round.

NL: “If we play like that for the majority of the games then it’s going to take a good team to stop us. We are not getting carried away, though. We know we’ve got a great game on Thursday night to look forward to

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I can honestly say excluding the Livingston game I have thoroughly enjoyed watching our play this season.

Even that game against Hibs 1-1 I thought we played well enough and if we where more clinical and the ref wasn’t a dirty cheating * we would have won it!

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Crilly

Good interview, nice to see him speak so highly of the first team players but also the likes of the younger lads in the reserves. Exciting times ahead

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: "We are very excited. It's a great game for all the fans and players to look forward to. We've made a great start to the group and the anticipation is building. Hopefully it's one of those great nights at Celtic Park."

NL: "The performance at the weekend was as complete as I've had in terms of all round control of the game. The players should take a lot from that."

NL: "We're very much looking forward to tomorrow, it's a great game for our players to gain more vital European experience.

NL: "It's a key game because it's the next one. The group is tight. Anything can happen and the group can turn quickly either way. We are positive about things, though, and we are hoping to get a positive result tomorrow."

NL: "We have to be ready and smart as well. We want to play at our tempo and energy to get the crowd behind us. We've analysed it and we're ready. We're looking forward to it."

NL on
    @OfficialSSLazio
    : "They're a great side with quality players. They have the leading scorer in the Serie A in Immobile. I expect the game to be open the way both teams are playing. It has all the ingredients of a very exciting game ahead."

NL: "We're not rookies going into this game. We've got good balance in terms of youth and experience. We're looking at possibly a very good game of football and I hope we come out on the positive side of it."

NL: "We'd love to win the game tomorrow night, it would put us in a very strong position. We'd love to qualify from the group and the players are capable of doing that."

NL: "Ntcham is still unfit and we are hoping he'll be fit for the weekend. Rogic was training today and should be fine. Having Christie back is a big boost. He's had a very good season so far and is in contention for tomorrow."

NL on
    @ScottBrown8
    : "He's our captain and his experience is vital tomorrow night. His reading of the game and athleticism is as good as ever. He'll be pivotal in stopping anything Lazio can create. His leadership qualities will be vital tomorrow night."

NL: “We are at home so we are going to play the way we play. If that means being aggressive, playing with a quick tempo then that suits our players, pitch and atmosphere. We won’t allow Lazio to settle into the game and dictate the tempo.”

NL on the passing of John Fleming: “I’m devastated. I got on great with John. My condolences go to the family, I knew he was ill but it's a shock.”

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    7 points from 3 games..

Only one Neil Lennon.
    :notworthy

StPauli1916 likes this.
  18. Jeremie Frimpong

He deserves huge credit. Early days, but that's the kind of night we're used to at Celtic Park.

Mickmac likes this.
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Change to 352 was * masterful man

20. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Johan Mjalby describing Lennons tactical change midway through the second half as a 'masterstroke'. Superb from Lenny once again in Europe.