1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Look at the nick of him at the assist for their 1st. Strolling he was. No pressure on the ball. Half arsed attempt of a tackle. People that think hes capable of 2 games a week anymore have their heads in the sand.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He played 4 games in 10 days v AIK home & away, Hearts home and Huns away and was outstanding and instrumental in all 4 victories.

We are too reliant on him and we should be using the squad better but there's no "head in the sand" about it, recent history has shown that he can in fact play 2 games in a week.

3. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    He was average in 3 of 4 of them games and a had a stormer in the scrappiest game of football weve played in years at Ibrox which suited him down to the ground.

Hes had 3 great games this season , 1 being the other night when he put in a massive shift and tired towards the end. But there he is starting again today. Its over reliance plain and simple. Itll * us in the end being so scared to move away from using him.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I'd say he was better than average. Particularly against AIK, I thought he ran the show.

I agree that we should be looking to give him a rest more often, for that reason I would've probably kept Euan Henderson but for whatever reason Lennon decided he would be better with regular game time at Ross County.

We need a long-term successor and have done for a while now but Broony still has a huge part to play for us. A poor performance v Livingston doesn't change that.

5. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    My point isnt to pick on a poor performance yesterday. Its the wider poor game management that leads to yesterday. E.g. being brought on vs partick and starting v killie.
    We need to atleast start trusting another midfield for the home games v the likes of county and st.mirren. His involvement in them games is what leads to performances from him like yesterday.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon rested him against Dunfermline and it almost backfired until we eventually won in extra time. The midfield looked sloppy and lacked shape.

There were people screaming after that game that we should be playing our strongest XI constantly and if we're comfortably up then start making subs.

There are other factors at play than just poor management. We've had injuries to other midfielders, replacements out of form and we've also had to try get game time for other players coming back from injury.

If Lennon rested him and we dropped points in the next game then there would be howls from some saying we can't afford to. It's a balancing act.

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He definitely needs a break so its good he’s got 2 weeks off now, I think we need to manage him better, keep him for the big games and rotate Ntcham in when needed. He certainly wasn’t the only one not pulling his weight on Sunday though but that’s when he needs to lead by example.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It’s alright saying he needs to be used smartly but when he’s being brought on as a 2nd half sub against Thistle with the game won and literally no reason for it then you’re not putting it into practice.

There are clearly games he’s crucial and there are clearly games where he’s either not needed or others are more suited to playing so his gradual phasing into a more bit part role the better for everyone; him and the team.

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not realistic to expect him to perform a few days after such an energetic display, at his age

stubhoy07 and Whoflungdung like this.
  10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Personally I think we need to shift Bitton, Rogic and Ntcham. First two spend far too much time injured and Ntcham is too inconsistent.. With the money we get buy a top class midfielder to help Broony and Calmac and maybe another for cover.. one thing is for sure we defo need another midfielder at Christmas/new year.

11. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Bittons midfield game is way underrated on here!

thailandceltic likes this.
  12. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I think hes a very good player too but hes always injured

13. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Still gutted we never spent the 200 grand or whatever to get McGinn. Needed a Brown successor for 5+ years and he was * there on a plate.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Couldn’t lace Calmac, Ntcham or Rogic’s boots. Would have get almost no game time.

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Wish * would stop calling John McGinn Broonys natural successor. They’re no even that alike, few similarities to their game but that could be said of unlimited midfielders anywhere.

Pablo87 and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  16. Jeremie Frimpong

McGinn * off to the English Championship at the first opportunity. He'd have been angling for a move to Southampton within a year, had he signed for Celtic.

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Would probably not have seen the potential that was unleashed with Christie if McGinn had signed. I wouldn’t swap our Ryan for the world.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

To be fair, the forward drive and dig McGinn shows os reminiscent of a young Scott Brown. Brown wasnt always the player he is now and I guess people believe McGinns game could go a similar way. Cant teach what Broony has though

jocksteinupper likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Am sure that Celtic meme man or finbo will be front and centre!