1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Last week he got it wrong, this week for me he didn't. Christie let us down badly.

But he will need to start rotating especially at home, and we surely can go 2 up front at times.

Today Ed just got overpowered with their Defenders and they were just booting the ball in the air a game up the park.

2. ddub11

Worrying how we dont seem to be able to put a run of good performances together,imo lennon has to take the blame for this.
    One bad performance is acceptable every so often, but we dont seem to be able to put the so called poorer teams away and i get worried every game we play now.
    To play so well Thursday and then play like that today is so annoying and i can only think lennon cant get the players in the right frame of mind.

3. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Lennybhoy, I'm sad and disappointed. That is all i'm gonna' say.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  4. Pogues

I agree McGregor needs a rest and has been poor all season, brutal today. But the turning point in that game the day was a mental tackle by Christie, not a lot Lennon can do about that. Hayes was absolutely the right man to bring on imo. Someone not scared to put it about, unlike sinclair.

paulie67 likes this.
  5. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Wouldn’t say that. Poor week for us domestically but it’s early days and, as we saw when we went to Ibrox, the huns are *.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

100%

7. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Would like to see more rotations as i generally think they would help, we DONT need Brown in games like this all the time, nor McGregor or Forest ect ect, gives us fresh legs and those player put in gives them a reason to impress, its getting rotations right, not ripping 5-6 players out at a time maybe just 2 or 3 to give players a break without killing momentum, we just dont seem to do that. Also dont understand why we would play so wide today on a pitch that is * horrid, screams for more central overloads, cant be to scared to change formation every now and again we have the players to do so.

Cant blame lennon for the red, stupidity from Christie no complaints, saying that we looked poor prior to the red and abysmal after it and some of that blame lies at Lennons feet, he needs to learn from this as we cant afford to many days like this. Also the same subs of Bayo, Ntcham and Hayes is predictable and the timings are poor imo, anyhow we haven't lost the league today but anymore performances like last couple of league games and we may be in for a shock.

celticfan01 likes this.
  8. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Yep, for me... Christie takes the blame today.

Pogues likes this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    5 points dropped in the last 2 League games, even this early in the season, no more room for error now, canny see the uglies dropping many points outwith the games against us.

10. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    They're * but we're the ones dropping points against the rest of the league and the standard of the other teams is worse this season than its been the last few years so it's worrying we've been bad in consecutive weeks against two of the worst teams in the league.

11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

See Tbf, you can see why he kept the same side... we played so well on Thursday.

Most were calling for the side to remain the same, I wanted a diamond but those players didn’t turn up for him today..

Christie reckless, Edouard uninterested v bang average CBs, Forrest looked like he wanted to be elsewhere, McGregor too, Ajer all over the place and Jullien ill-disciplined..

Players were unacceptable today.

12. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I was worried about this fixture this morning. Bad playing surface, run ourselves ragged on Thursday. Bad day at the office but no need to start hitting panic buttons yet. Think Lennon does need to rotate more with the Thursday fixtures but he will get it right. On to the next

TheHappyLoss and bkk bhoy like this.
  13. murphy88

The red card didn't change the pattern of the game. Livingston were the better team before the red card and they were the better team when we went down to 10. We shouldn't be looking to bring in players to mix it, that's exactly what Livingston wanted. They are desperate for the game to get turned into a battle. We should have been looking to get the ball down and play football. Instead we launched long balls from first minute to last and got absolutely no joy whatsoever from it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Valhalla, thailandceltic and bkk bhoy like this.
  14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    One off game against the huns we are a far better team yes. The difference at the moment to me is the huns have players that can win games ugly against * like Livi and Hibs. They have that type of player and we don't I think. Huns beat Livi 1-0 and we lost 2-0.. beating teams 4,5,6 at home is all well and good but the huns will do that too, these are the games that matter..and so far we have been poor..

15. Keano88

They’re * compared to us.

34 of 38 games they don’t have to play us though.

16. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Aye but if we can lose to the likes of Livi occasionally then so can they.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. Maestro 08

Was always going to be a hard game for us, Livingston away are everything we struggle against. A wee tight, * pitch, an aggressive & organised side. It had the makings of a slip up beforehand. Then only having 10 men, well.

The worrying aspect for me is that I think we would still be struggling to win that game with 11 on the park. The blueprint to beat us is there, it goes back pre Lennon. We are too prone to being bullied. Maybe it's part and parcel of playing pretty football & if we want that to continue we might have to put up with getting overwhelmed the odd time but it certainly is a characteristic of ours.

19. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

We may well win all 4 derby games and still only win league by couple of points. Only due to them not looking like dropping points against the dirt teams the way we have.

20. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    What constitutes " a good run of performances" ? We won 6 and drew 1 of our first 7 games this season averaging over 3.5 goals per game. After losing to Cluj we then won 8 games out of 9 ( 1 aet) and the draw was away in Rennes before he dropped points at Hibs.