1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. cammy07

Not only are we far more solid at the back now, we are playing much better football and look far more threatening going forward.

It's easy to forget the strength in depth we have at the moment. Guys like Taylor, shved, griff, bayo, mikey still to come back in.. Exciting times

2. Derrybhoy1

What excites me is how excited he is to manage us. He seems to really believe we have a proper squad and by * is he and will he show it. Cannot think of another man who deserves to lead us to the ten. * hero.

3. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    You can't fault the belief he has installed into the team, Julien, Boli, Elyounassi all coming out and saying we can go far in Europe. Lennons record against Italian teams are pretty 50/50 , can't complain at getting beat by Juventus or Milan, but we did manage two draws against Udinese who finished 3rd in the serie A back in 2011.

4. Damnati

Great game but I thought the subs were weird. Left them so late. Thought he was just saving them to kill the game at the end but then we didn't even use the last one. Not trying to be negative, just bringing it up now after a good performance so it doesn't appear to be piling on after a defeat.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: No major bumps and bruises after last night. There's a quick turn around but we'll be ready."

NL on Livingston: "No matter who you play you have to adjust to their style of play. They've been a great success story and they're always a difficult game

NL: "We've got players that all want to play in every game. We'll reassess the team and get ready for Sunday.

NL: "We rotate the squad when we can. Theres a two week break after this, so it would be good to stay top of the league going in to that.

NL on #CELCLU: "There were a lot of things that we did well last night, and some things we could do better. I'm excited to be working with this squad."

NL on
    @Moielyo
    : "He was brilliant last night. He really took the game to Cluj and showed his experience.

NL: "In terms of consistency and level of performance, the Bhoys have been terrific."

NL on James Forrest's upcoming biography 'Homegrown Hero': "He's been just superb. A big game player over a long period of time at a club with immense pressure. We feel like He's continually getting better all the time."

NL on
    @kierantierney1
    : "I'm delighted for him. We're not surprised he's started so well. We always knew he was a fantastic player and we continue to keep producing quality Academy players."

6. Pacific Ocean Blue

Got absolute pelters when he was appointed, some of the reasoning behind it made sense but fair play to Lenny. We look a lot better playing in Europe at the moment

paulie67 likes this.
  7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Lenny did take a lot of negativity from us fans to start. Do you know what, I think it has urged him on to prove all the doubters and slap it into the huns who thought we were for the taking under Neil. Well done Lenny son as a Celtic fan I always love it when I’m proved wrong as it means its working for the club. Still * absolutely buzzing from last night and I’m away to put the Rebs on.

8. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Couldnt have put it better, a very good manager and a cracking squad full of skill, commitment and character, I feel great things are going to be achieved

paulie67 and packybhoy like this.
  9. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I was wondering about subs towards the end but when I looked at the team they were all playing well and none of them seemed tired. I suppose there's no point making subs just for the sake of it.

10. Damnati

Maybe but it's a long season with some players playing an obscene amount of games. Why not give somebody a half hour off when we've got a guy like Ntcham on the bench. Or even just use the last sub at the end to kill time.

We won the game and it was a good performance though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

11. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Exactly if it aint broke then why fix it !

paulie67 and Rydo1888* like this.
  12. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    I think a lot of the flack he took when he came back was down to the fact his name isn't Neillo Lenninho. Well look at him now. Always believed in you Lenny. WE ARE ALL NEIL LENNON!

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Cant wait for leighithio griffaldo to come back aswel and prove everycunt wrong.

Bhoyyo likes this.
  14. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Lennie seems a lot calmer and more mature this time around, also we are all spared the fairy tales / nonsense that came from the last managers mouth as regards a love of all things Celtic....Lennie is a Celt, simple as that.....so has no need to spout *

angusceltic67 and paulie67 like this.
  15. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    For me personally, re. lenny's appointment...
    I was absolutely terrified of big Pedro playing the cheapskate and not backing Lenny in everything/everyone he wanted to
    bring in and do for the club.

Credit where credit's due, big pedro has being doing well with making the funds available.
    So a big thankyou to PL to.:50::50:

Mickmac and Whoflungdung like this.
  16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    As respects to the subs and already said the team were doing well. They were in a zone as a unit and an early sub could have altered the rhythm. If we had of lost a goal with 15 mins to play it could have been a different result. And VAR’s could of made the big difference.:fear:
    Must say again, Lenny should bring back big Mjalby for the bench to have a Hollywood look about it.

17. angusceltic67

I don't think that's the case.

Lenny's a Celtic man, always has been, it's in his blood for him to want Celtic to do well.

That's why I wanted him and not some mercenary, as we knew exactly what we would be getting.

18. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Didnt Lennie say a while back he wanted to be like Arsene Wenger ie a long term appointment intent on creating his own legend

19. angusceltic67

Hope so.

20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Going really well, but nothing is won in Sep/Oct...

Beating that mob comfortably last night, in some ways makes the Champions League exit to them, more painful.

Really liking the depth and solidity he’s brought though, utilising the squad properly will be the key.

Spring Time likes this.