1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraser Forster

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by JC Anton, Jan 13, 2016.

Discuss Fraser Forster in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, I think we do.. but wages will definitely be an issue, I’d imagine.

2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

They will be looking for between £5-£8m maybe more..and he’s apparently on 65k, will be tough to get a permanent sorted I feel..

Like I say, hope I’m wrong because the big man is solid.. :50:

JML67 likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Feels like he’s faced as many penalties as shots from open play since he’s returned.:giggle1:

Got no idea how good he is right now but just his presence makes you feel more at ease, than if it was Bain or Gordon.

4. ste08

Agreed, i feel way more at ease with him in the sticks

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SINCE they shipped four goals at home to Cluj to put an end to their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League, Celtic have conceded the same number of goals in the seven games that followed.

It is perhaps no coincidence that Fraser Forster played in the last four of those, conceding just twice in games against Hearts, Rangers, Hamilton and on Thursday night against Stade Rennais, when it took a penalty to get past him.

Despite the disappointment felt by Kristoffer Ajer as he needlessly gave away that spot-kick on the night in the Roazhon Park Stadium, Forster believes a major factor in the tightening up of Celtic’s backline has been the burgeoning relationship that is being formed between the central triumvirate of himself, Ajer and Christopher Jullien.

Certainly, the hulking trio would prove an intimidating sight for most strikers, and when asked if that has been the foundation for Celtic’s improving defensive record, Forster said: “I think so, it’s the spine of the team. Everyone builds those relationships with the players around them. All over the park it is important to build upon those relationships.”

“I think [Ajer and Jullien] have been brilliant. It’s one of them, the more games they play together the more that partnership will build and build.

“I think they’ve done really well, they’re good on the ball, they get on the ball and play from the back which is good.”

Forster is also sure that Ajer will quickly put his error to concede the penalty behind him.

“The penalty is a penalty and that can happen to anyone, but no, I’ve been very impressed by the two of them,” he said.

“They are two very good players and I imagine they will get better and better.

“We’re three big lads, and the more we play together as a back four or back five, the more we’ll get used to playing together and form that partnership.”

Tommy25, Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.
  6. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    The sheer size of those 3 is amazing. Julien is the short one at 1.95m Ajer is 1.97 and Forster is 2.01m. Cannot ever remember us having such a big center of our defense. If we could actually get someone who could deliver set pieces well on a consistent basis I could easily see Ajer and Julien chipping in with a fair few goals as well.

Tommy25 and Dan Breen like this.
  7. Onefootwonder

He presence alone adds confidence to the team.

I do think he'll raise his reputation again and get another EPL club with wages we can't afford. Southampton were still looking for a huge fee last year.

8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If we could teach someone how to deliver a set piece, we could bring big FF up and stick Brown in goals.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  9. saltire78

Not sure about that. I know it's a huge step down but he might go for the 35k, just to play every week and win things. That's still huge money in Scotland, and to be with a happy setup is worth more than money for people who had found themselves out in the cold...

Big question is would we be willing to pay about 6m and 1.5m a year in wages for a guy we're never going to be able to sell on? Personally, I doubt it.

10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    You just felt that that punch he made in the first half would've gone anywhere if it was Bain or, especially, Gordon.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Iv found Pete lads. Sounding like he wants him, like he'd take a wage cut, but then slips his we sell on value to turn us all around to his way... naw pal. * yer sell on and budget. Sign him up or I'm gonna * on your heated drive electrics and your car will get cold tyres like the rest of us.

12. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Good save as he pushed the ball out of play the other night. Not a big Rab the Builder flap straight into the onrushing strikers.

13. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Defence has looked visibly more confident with him back between the sticks, two brilliant saves the other night too, one of which was given as a goal kick but was actually a belter of a save!

Tommy25 and saltire78 like this.
  14. saltire78

Definitely a 'Pete' problem if the wages are 65k, cos that ain't ever gonna happen... and no amount of driveway related threats are going to change that... :67:

Maybe, just maybe, we'd go to about 40k, but I doubt that too...

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Your drives getting it.

16. saltire78

We definitely need an emoji added that's someone in the hoops, * on a driveway... :56:

Random Review likes this.
  17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I was totally wrong about him, his kicking definitely improved but the shot stopping and presence he brings in is priceless, made a big impact.

saltire78 likes this.
  18. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Under contract at 65k a week til July 2022. Southampton paying big money every week for a player over 30 whos days are numbered at the club and long way to run. They should pay a portion of his contract to him to make him a free agent, he signs for us 3 year contract 30k a week, we sell Bain, release Gordon and have hazard or doohan as his understudy. The player and both clubs benefit

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Dan Breen likes this.
  19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Saved more pens this season than Gordon has in his Celtic career :56:

20. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song: