1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Christopher Jullien

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Christopher Jullien in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

A big solid centre back with european experience for the big games in Europe, we’ve crying out for one for years and finally have one. Big man is class and composed, Ajer will improve even more playing next to him as well.

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    This needs bumped. The big man played a blinder last night absolute Solid.

3. horseshoe

He's a big dirty and we're going to get his best years, with Elhamed hitting the ground running from day one, Boli settling in nicely now and Ajer keeping on being Ajer, our defense is looking great going forward the next few seasons.

Tommy25, Rydo1888* and Dan Breen like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    So he gave away one foul?

Thanks for clearing it up. Lolz..

5. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Absolute rolls royce. Scary to think how good the jullien-Ajer partnership could become. Looks a real leader on the pitch too

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic defender Christopher Jullien has revealed how he is surprised "every day" by just how big a club Celtic are since his move from Toulouse in the summer.

In a wide-ranging interview with France Football, the Frenchman also spoke of his disappointment at the club's Champions League exit and why he made the decision to join the Hoops in the first place.

About his move to Parkhead, he told the website: "There were clubs that were interested, but I think Toulouse had made it clear that the asking price was a little too high for Ligue 1 clubs. Regrets to leave? Not at all. I had done everything at Toulouse.

France Football names Celtic defender Christopher Jullien in UEFA Europa League team of week

"It was the logical choice [to go to Celtic]. And a good choice for the moment. After Toulouse, it was an extra step, with a goal to grow, including participating in European competitions.

"They showed me their facilities, and the club. It made the difference. It is a great institution, which is not only watched by English clubs. The desire is to perform. There will be people in the stands, it makes sense for each big club.

"I want to settle down and be effective. Yes, the English Premier League has always been a goal, a dream, for sure. But today, I have taken a path that will make me grow whatever happens. We do not know what the future will be like."

Jullien, who put in an exceptional performance last night in Rennes in the Europa League, also revealed that he never understood just how big a club Celtic are until he signed for the club.

"There is a lot to say ... It's huge. All the club does for Scotland, for their fans. The scale that Celtic has is incredible. I am surprised every day by some things, the stadium, the fans ... To live this, it's already super cool.

"In France, we do not realize it. Whereas when you're inside, it's huge. I knew I wanted to go up a notch, but I did not expect so much. I am learning every day, how much this club has an authority and a track record that can make the difference.

"I can not walk in the streets! That, when you're in France, you do not realize."

And he spoke of his sensations of taking to the field for the first time at Celtic Park and making his debut in the Old Firm derby earlier this month in the 2-0 victory at Ibrox.

"It's really unbelievable. The atmosphere is really something. My first "You'll never walk alone", I think it was during the first match of the Champions League preliminary round. I was on the bench. When you play, you do not hear it too much.

"But when you're on the bench, you go out a bit early and you hear it. It's cool to live it. The atmosphere is incredible. When I bring my friends they tell me it's day and night. Toulouse is a good stadium with good fans, but it is not a stadium with this scale. It's different. When you go from Toulouse to here, it's a little weird."

And about his Old Firm debut: "So that ... Frankly. I do not know how to describe it. It's amazing to live! The atmosphere ... In the dressing room, you feel the tension. You arrive on the ground with trembling legs. With this impatience to play this game.

"You see it in relation to the fans. The week before, we had a European match, but I saw that the fans in town almost said "We do not care about Europe, we want the match of the weekend!"

"In addition, we were really good, we played a complete match. It was really huge. In the end, in addition, I was elected man of the match. We could have spent an hour on the field celebrating with the fans. In the dressing room too, it was strong. The group is cool. With the French guys, we get to mix well."

While Jullien also praised Neil Lennon's managerial skills alongside his disappointment at not being able to play in the Champions League this year in his debut season with the Hoops.

"He's a top coach. He is really close to us. Very serious when it needs to be. He also knows how to put the limit with his players. He also has a good staff, who does a very good job. It's nice to be surrounded like this."

While in respect of the Champions League: "We missed the march of the Champions League. It was a big disappointment. I did not play that game [Cluj at home], the coach probably thought I was not ready enough. It has been difficult. We had the hardest to score three goals at home.

"It really hurt the two days that followed. Since that game, we have not lost anymore, we only have to repeat the victories. It's a defeat that can help us this season. We will use it.

"But today, we are fully focused on the Europa League. When you arrive at a club that wins every year and has the mentality to win competitions, especially with the quality we have in the team, we want to go far," he finished.

DennyCelt, Tommy25, paulie67 and 3 others like this.
  7. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    Love the way this guy talks! Really good ball playing defender aswell, reminds me of VVD a bit, not as good obv. But just that big strong presence, taking control at the back.

DennyCelt, Rydo1888* and Lilac Wine like this.
  8. celtic warrior

Yeah * straight.

VVD isn't as good.

Tommy25, Dan Breen, Rydo1888* and 3 others like this.
  9. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: @Chri6ViF
    felt it a little bit on his hamstring but we think he’ll be fine.”

Rydo1888*, JC Anton and Tommy25 like this.
  11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He shouldn't feature during week anyway so that gives him a few days rest before hibs away. Which is a massive game

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

JOHAN MJALLBY believes twin towers Christopher Jullien and Kristoffer Ajer are a perfect Celtic pairing.

Hoops boss Neil Lennon is building his new-look defence around the French and Norwegian giants

Ex-Hoops centre-half Mjallby expects them to become a formidable duo this season.

He said: “Neil has EVERYTHING in that pairing of Ajer and Jullien. They are very good in the air, strong physically, and they read the game well.

“Ajer is very good on the ball, and Jullien looks comfortable when he gets time.

“Jullien came with a big price tag and big things were expected.

It took him time to get used to life at Celtic, but Jullien is a very good defender.

“He’s got the height and physicality and likes to go in for a tackle as well. He’s got all the ingredients to be a successful defender for Celtic.

“Ajer is going to become a great centre-half, but I was also really impressed at how good he was at right-back. It surprised me, but he’s shown he can play in different positions.”

Rydo1888* and tarboltontim like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NL: “Jullien was fatigued and tight in the hamstring so we couldn’t risk him.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Should never ever be missing a chance like that with how big and dominant he is in the air..

Rank rotten..

18. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    * superb tonight.. won everything.

19. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    * unit,pure class

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member