1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Moritz Bauer

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Aug 28, 2019.

Discuss Moritz Bauer in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

His hair is cracking, I love the baddy from Diehard look!

Yippy kai ay.

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He has to keep his hair, doesn’t look nearly as good with it short

Tommy25 likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Ak1

That throw in!!!

If it doesn't work out here for him, he can always join up with the Austrian Olympic team

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Big Bayo is going to love those throw ins..

Tommy25 likes this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    His barnet is World class.

Tommy25 and Crilly like this.
  7. Cringer67

Been told that the idiot Jones has done his ACL’s Trying to take out Jack Bauer. What a mongo

Tommy25, paulie67 and HoopyT like this.
  8. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good enough for the *, * awful tackle from that wee no-mark trying tae impress the zombie scummers. The bhoy Bauer looks good, pacey, direct and willing to put a foot in.

Tommy25, Sydneysider and Cringer67 like this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEW Bhoy, Moritz Bauer experienced what it’s like to plunge in at the deep end when he was introduced to the fray on derby day at Ibrox last weekend.

By the time he came on to the pitch on the hour mark though, the waters had been shallowed somewhat thanks to Odsonne Edouard’s first-half strike.

The Swiss-born Austrian internationalist played his part, though, in a convincing 2-0 win for the Hoops to maintain their 100 per cent start to the bid for nine-in-a-row.

That half-hour in the heat of the derby will have gone some way to enabling his short and specific, but essential to-do list over the coming months – his plan is set. He aims to work hard to impress the manager and backroom staff in training, and everyone else including the Celtic support on the pitch in his bid to stake a claim for a regular place in the team.

The defender joined a few days before the derby on a season-long loan from Stoke City and aims to thrive on the ‘positive pressure’ that naturally comes from playing for a club like Celtic who, not only play to win every game, but are going into this season as protectors of a Treble Treble.

Speaking in this week’s Celtic View, the 27-year-old said of having to play well to fight for a place in the team: “I’m well aware of that and I want to bring something to the table. I want to be part of that squad, I want to be an improvement and I think that Celtic have put a lot of trust in me.

“So I want to pay back double that trust they have put in me. This positive pressure that we have here, can give us an extra lift.

“I'm a very attacking full-back and an energetic player who gets up and down the wing. My dynamics are pace and power. It depends on what the coach demands from the team, but as I am a defender, I obviously have to defend as well, but I like to get involved in the attack also. The fans can expect a very hard worker.

“It is pressure, of course, but I think there’s nothing better than playing for trophies, because that’s what it’s all about, as having a season target of finishing about eighth is not the same.

“I love being here and having the target of being first and I like that pressure. There are players here who have already won titles, and it’s a big opportunity for me to learn from them and grow as a player as I hope to be part of a successful team.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. david100825

Obviously has something about him, has been at a few decent clubs. More than adequate backup and zero risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    sry if this has been asked and answered already.

Is the option to buy been fixed.??
    tia...

12. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Really impressed with this guy. I think he'll rip the right wings apart in Scotland.

Tommy25 and Sydneysider like this.
  13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    There is an option to buy, that was in the official club statement, but there has been no mention of the terms. You would expect they would have been agreed up front though.

paulie67 likes this.
  14. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

A wee dig at stoke and similar English no marks. "A target of finishing eighth is not the same" :56:

15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Been a total upgrade on the RB position.
    Lustig, Gamboa and Ralston out and
    Moritz, ElHam and Lee C in.
    Sorted

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

MB: "I’m really enjoying it. We qualified for Europe and won the first derby of the season so it couldn’t have been a better start for me.”

MB: We had an amazing team effort on the pitch. For many players it was the first derby and the atmosphere we created with all the players, staff and fans was amazing and I’m really happy with the start.”

MB: "The trust and faith the gaffer has shown, and the atmosphere created, I felt such a part of the team and I think that’s why we won the derby.”

MB: "We wanted to start the season well and it’s great because the media put pressure on us but for the club, fans and amazing support we have it’s great to give them the first derby win of the season.”

MB: "I hope to be part of the team the whole season. We have a great squad and what we showed in that derby, everyone has to play their part. I try to give everything in training and give the gaffer a selection headache.”

MB: "I’m looking forward to playing my first home game. I can’t wait to play at Celtic park. It’s so iconic.”

18. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    lol... aw' the naysayers "...he can't get a game for stoke".

You can't blame them for thinking what they did, but I'm glad he's here and we have the option to buy.
    Can't be offside from a throw... can see oor eddy, griff, Bayo etc. taking full advantage of that and catching a few teams out.

I Can't wait for the bhoy to get a taste of that european night magic as a celtic player, that Parkheid is famous for.
    Something that stoke nor it's ground could give him.

HH.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Another 10/10 press conference. Just got a squad full of sound *.

Crilly likes this.