1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Only Bauer has a confirmed option to buy.

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Forster does.

Edit- Scrap that. Read it wrong. Forster said staying on a permanent was an option :56:

3. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    It has not been confirmed by Celtic, or Southampton, he has one.

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It had also been reported that he had but not everywhere

Valhalla likes this.
  5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * knows then :giggle1:

Probably one of they ones that us and Southampton both know the fee they’d want but it’s not in the official transfer.

Doubt Southampton would be hard to deal with either way.

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I suspect with forster agreeing a fee with Southampton won't be the problem, they'll want rid of him no matter what, but isn't he on over 70k a week?

7. david100825

I’m happy with the 3 loans, as well. Forster and Ely upgrades us in two positions that nobody really thought we’d look to improve this window.

Also, Bauer is risk free, experienced and having an option to buy is great. Imagine the fume if we’d spent millions on Toljan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Nonsense. No matter how you look at it.

9. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Happy with the business we done but am not happy with the timing of the business. Had we moved quickly I still think we would have put cluj out the CL and then see where we would have gone from there.

By all means negotiate for the best price but we have to weigh up the potential gain from getting the business done early.

Look at the signings we made. Plenty of them could have of made a difference and am sure will be sampled when we play cluj next time round

10. john2061

We seem to take ages to get a player in and hopefully we can sign big foster as I think he makes a difference .

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Right.....so what problems is it that HE'S created?

Let's take this 3 year period you're mentioning:

Is part of the solution that gets in Rodgers - puts players in on a plate for him (Dembele first season). Signs off on getting Rodgers the player that he wants in the door (Sinclair, Toure).

Allows Rodgers to revamp the scouting system at his behest by getting rid of Park and bringing in Rodgers' main candidate - Lee Congerton.

Allows Lee Congerton and Rodgers to bring in players that THEY have identified (Compper, Hendry).

Lawwell uses HIS own personal contacts to bring in Edouard on loan, then laterlly sanctions a £9m permanent signing for him. Did the same with Roberts previously, although a reported £9m offer for he is knocked back by Guardiola.

Does not pander to the further * that Rodgers and Congerton want to bring in.

Brings in Lennon.

Sanctions off on £3m for Bolingoli
    £7m on Jullien
    More or less paid under £4m for Turnbull (only for medical to fail)
    Pays over the odds to bring on Connell from Bolton
    Gets Forster
    Elyounoussi
    £2.5m for Taylor
    £1.5m for El Hamed
    Gets in 3 promising youngsters from top flight English clubs (O'Connor, the guy from Man City and Afolabi)

Can't mind if anyone else signed, loses Tierney to Arsenal after negotiating by a distance THE single highest transfer fee receieved for a Scottish club - £25m for an academy player.

Tells Rodgers to go * himself when he tries to poach McGregor at the last minute of the transfer windae.

Seems decent enough to me...

12. jkel

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown,artur boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    holy goalie
    Aye ok but apart from all that?

Maestro 08 likes this.
  13. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For
    Doesn’t leave much :56:

paulie67 likes this.
  14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Doesnt really matter, Southampton clearly want rid of him. I think theres a good chance he'd come back, only thing is Southampton will have to give him a good pay off if he is on about £70k a week.

He will have 3 years left on his contract there after this season and is probably going to be due £10million over those 3 years, to come here on £25k a week(£800k a year) will mean "only" gettng £2.4million over those 3 years so he'll likely want at least £5million to leave Southampton.

We might need to come to a deal like Celtic pay them £3million and Southampton give him £5million to let him leave, that way it's only costing Southampton £2million to end his £10million contract and he still gets 50% of his due money up front.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  15. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Doesn't really matter? Of course it matters. If he plays most of this season, and does well both domestically and in Europe, he will look a much better prospect to other teams in the premiership who can afford more in transfer fees and wages than we can. Southampton are going to be trying to get as much for him as they can, not give him an extra payoff, so are going to be looking for offers we just can't match. At least if there is an option the purchase conditions are already set and not subject to change if someone offers more than we can if he suddenly looks worth taking a punt on again. Best case scenario for us is no one goes for him and we can pick him up when the English window has closed again. But that's after qualifiers have started.

In my opinion the only way that deal scenario you outline becomes even a remote possibility is if he is utter * for us, or gets injured again, they think he is done and they can't shift him for money during his contract period. And if that comes to pass we won't even want him.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Redundant though, he wouldn't come to us if other teams down there will match his wages. Only way he joins us is if Southampton pay him off.

17. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    What? You were the one going into all the deal scenarios about wages, as if that were somehow a possibilty. I don't think there is any chance we get him next season, which is why I pointed out there is no option to buy in the first place.

18. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Seriously speaking here and i'm not trying to disagree or argue with anyone.

But, big Pedro must be thinking... what else can i do.?? :confused:
    'Some of our fans are the biggest, least appreciative ingrates i've ever came across'.

For me, PL has righted some wrongs in this transfer window.
    Good business yet again.

HH.

19. Maestro 08

He might be thinking that or he might be thinking 'look at all my * money, this is brilliant'.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    When you put it like that :56::56: