1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Fraudgers!

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 20, 2016.

Discuss Brendan Fraudgers! in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He's a big reason why we're a complete mess with our scouting, appointing that * Congerton set us back years.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yup McGowen basically tore him apart in his article, but Lawwell got it aswell for allowing it to go on for aslong.

3. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    What would really gall me was the arm around the likes of Naismith and co after they had spent 90 mins trying to kick the * out of anything in green and white. Tried so hard to be all things to all people. Still at it....

littlekennie likes this.
  4. Lewis Kerr

:rofl:

5. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

The reaction to my post being a perfect example of what I mean

*I too was proper * off at him leaving when but it seems some dismiss his achievements here

6. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

:rofl::rofl:

Rydo1888* and Bayern Bru like this.
  7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I’ve got a big signed framed picture of him with the Celtic scarf aloft. Still shrink wrapped but thank * it never made the wall but I couldn’t give it away fs.

8. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    It's nearly winter , if you've got a old style log fire :39:

packybhoy likes this.
  9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe he took one look at that leaked recruitment list and saw it was time to leave.

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

BRENDAN RODGERS sees himself as a beautiful human being.

But going by the tetchy text message he sent me on Sunday night, he’s not half a prickly one.

First thing’s first: it’s good to know Mr Buzzword still has his Sky subscription and is keeping up with Scottish football from his living room.

I would still have thought he’d have more to worry about than my punditry from the Ibrox studio.

I’ll not reveal everything the bold Brendan messaged me because I don’t think that would be fair.

But let’s just say he didn’t take too kindly to my critique on Celtic that pointed out how Neil Lennon’s team didn’t need to play tippy-tappy football to beat Rangers.

Lenny didn’t talk about overloads or combination plays after celebrating a brilliant win. He was able to reflect on a no-nonsense performance that got the job done.

But it doesn’t half amaze me how soft- centred the former Celtic manager is when he comes to analysis of his style of football.

I wasn’t even being particularly critical, all I did was point out how Lennon’s style of winning was different to Brendan’s. He obviously didn’t see it that way.

From memory I can’t ever remember him texting me to say thanks when I gave him praise last year.

No, you only ever tend to hear from managers when they’re unhappy with something you say or write.

It’s all water off a duck’s back to me but the bottom line is that Lennon proved on Sunday how he’s a very shrewd man when he wants to be. The way he set his team up to play was ideal for the occasion

He wasn’t interested in the intricate complexities of the game on derby day.

He wasn’t interested in a sublime finish from Odsonne Edouard or the way Olivier Ntcham set up Jonny Hayes with a cultured pass.

Lennon didn’t reach for his pen and scribble into his little note-book when the goals went in — he was too busy celebrating.

None of that entered his head because all Sunday was about for him was winning.

Steven Gerrard went the other way and picked a team to stop Celtic, I’ll bet he wishes he’d done things differently now.

You could see what he was trying to do by playing five central midfielders and to a certain extent Gerrard did keep the likes of James Forrest very quiet, but the problem was there was no delivery to Jermaine Defoe and he hardly got a kick before being taken off.

Some say Alfredo Morelos would have been a better option but it wouldn’t have made any difference given how little service the strikers got.

Celtic did things differently, by being more direct and forceful.

Right from kick-off they knocked the ball out for a throw-in deep into Rangers’ half and they weren’t going to make an apology for that.

It was like they were saying to Gerrard’s side ‘this is how it’s going to be today’.

That’s how Motherwell did it for 20 minutes against Celtic. In fact, that’s how any team that’s done well against Celtic have gone about it.

You get at them, you don’t back off.

For me, Gerrard’s team choked but he’s got to take a lot of the responsibility for the way the team was set up — and in fairness it sounds like he has done.

For Lennon, this was a day when he silenced even Celtic supporters who haven’t been happy since his appointment.

He also dug out the media in his post-match press conference, saying everyone wanted Celtic to lose.

I don’t buy that, but what I will say is that when you’re a team as successful as Celtic you’re there to be shot down. To a certain extend it does become boring when the same side is winning all the time. But that’s not some anti-Celtic attitude, it’s just life.

Lennon should have taken it as a compliment and maybe deep down he sees it that way and just wanted to shut some people up.

Remember, he even mentioned his own fans and how they also doubted him and his team after the Cluj defeat and Champions League exit.

That only goes to show how spoiled supporters can get.

The fact is Lennon has also had fair praise in the press since returning to Celtic.

Mistakes he has made have been picked up on but that’s life at the sharp end. I just hope he doesn’t turn start talking about combination plays, overloads and offensive transitions the way his thin-skinned predecessor used to.

Otherwise I might find myself getting another text message when I turn my phone on when leaving the Sky studio one Sunday soon.

Honestly, you couldn’t make it up, could you?

But it’s just good to know Brendan is still watching.

Who knows, though, it might not be long before he is back in the studio alongside me.

That’s how it works, right? Managers take a pop at TV pundits…right up until they lose their job in football and they’re right on the phone to get on Monday Night Football themselves.

But it’s safe to say where Brendan is concerned, Lenny was much more of a wonderful, beautiful human being this weekend.

littlekennie likes this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Boyd a * tbf but good on him on outing Rodgers.... Basically cementing what we all thought... The guys is * bent on his ego and his football ethos.... The days I noticed it was when Rodger clamped up when someone criticised his passing game he then went on a rant about Scottish football sagged it and said its got nowhere in the last 40 years..... Its got nowhere because sky flooded England with money.... For a country with five million people and at the time probably one if the lowest TV deals in Europe for two of it teams to make two European finals in the last 16 years I would say is punching above its weight....

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

FranceCelt likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan sees himself as a beautiful human being.

Rydo1888* and littlekennie like this.
  13. Murph-E

Brendan Rodgers vs Rangers:

P13 W10 D2 L1

Scored: 31
    Conceded: 7

Nobody has ever destroyed and humiliated them as regularly as him. His "tippy tappy football" utterly dismantled them time and time and time again. Let's not forget that and have ANY even minor revisionism of how he completely dominated them.

14. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    True...he did thats a fact... but they were utter * a lot worse than they are now

Gabriel and littlekennie like this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    This, he completely * destroyed them.

Zander, Whoflungdung and Murph-E like this.
  16. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Main issue with his style is he is stubborn about it and can't set his teams out to play differently, it becomes predictable and easy to play against eventually.

An he is a rat * who is full of himself.

17. StevieBhoooy!

I had to stop reading and pinch myself as I realised I was agreeing with that baldy Hun!

18. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    This sums the * up. Getting all annoyed because Kris Boyd of all people praises Lenny’s style over his :39:
    The only surprise is that he was actually watching the game. Thought he was too good for the SPFL these days.

19. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Ach Rodgers is history, yep he did very well with Celtic but chose to move on and thats that !

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I don't forget that for a minute. The rat gave us some incredible memories over those first 2 years. My contempt for the rat is how the rat turned out to be a liar and his so called love and support of Celtic a fraud. If the rat had of been honest about wanting to move on then I would have said ok wish that wasn't the case but fair enough the very same as my attitude is to say Kieran Tierney moving to Arsenal.