1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Had a run of 4 high pressure, ‘must win’ games coming into the international break and won all 4.

Can’t ask for any more than that, superb.

2. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Cluj still hurts but the footballing gods have smiled on Lenny and given him the chance to right a wrong

no idea what the team will be but i know who WONT be playing left back in these two fixtures

Whoflungdung likes this.
  3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Thought he was class in his first spell here as manager and was gutted when he left. Had massive doubts about him at the tail end of last season when the results were there in the main but the performances were cause for concern.

Absolutely no doubting him now. He's got them all playing exactly how he likes and his recruitment this summer has been absolutely outstanding.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ric Flair

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Not just won, * cruised it.

6. Ak1

Remember reading a few years back about Martinez and Rodgers both being idealistic managers (both on Merseyside at the time) and how they were trying to emulate Guadiola's style and methods.

Lennon doesn't really fit that category or style of manager, but equally you can't lump him in with Jose or big Sam as anti-football. I guess what I'm trying to put across is NL is football savvy.

The team as we have seen will play less possession based stuff than under Rodgers, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. As too frequently Rodgers teams took unnecessary risks, and were often too slow to move the ball across the defence to open good teams up.

Add in Lenny's eye for what the squad required in regard recruitment, and you have to say so far it's a job very well done. He even looks a bit calmer and happier ATM.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Really hope everycunt gets behind him now, we’re playing some excellent stuff, absolutely terrorising defences. The defence is still getting up to speed after a massive rebuild.

Yesterday that defence was all Neil Lennon signings and they were fantastic to a man, when we get Ajer back and a run of games to gel that’ll be as good as the rest.

Buzzin for the rest of the season.

I don’t think there’s anything I like more in football than seeing Lenny celebrate ay Ibrox.

8. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Get in there Neilly boy!!

Martin o Neillesque performance that. Makeshift defence into that cesspit and * bossed it!!! It actually reminded me of the game i mentioned on Saturday when Sutty filled in at CB and put in a MOTM performance. If he can get these guys running through walls for him like MON did, and it appears he can, this is brilliant for us!! Plus we've got far more talent than them. Ajer and Elyounoussi off the top of my head are guys who will start on top of that and the huns should be * * bricks!! We keep the head, we'll * stroll this!!!!

StPauli1916 and Bayern Bru like this.
  9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Still think he needs help with a defensive coach

if only there was someone who could fill this role :fear:

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Said it at the time he was the only man for the job and able to do it. He rolled with how Rodgers played. Didnt rock the boat, then kept the good parts and some of his own ideas in to create what's gonna be a legendary 10 in a row team.

Personally when rebuilding the entire backline your gonna expect some early cluj bumps while it settles. We will get our revenge though.

MON THE QAUDTREBLE

11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye, that much was obvious to me.

He’s making, and will continue to, make some people look like very silly wee bhoys.

12. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Absolutely loving the attacking side of our game so far this season it has been really fun to watch at times and we really do have goals all over in this team. The backline was always going to be an issue given it is pretty much a complete rebuild. A performance like that yesterday will have done our defenders confidence and the teams confidence a world of good. I think Forster may well end up being the signing of the window and I hope we end up buying him back permanently. El Hemed looks like he might not be that far behind and Julian looks like he is starting to settle into the team nicely. Still issues at left back with Bolingoli although give him credit he has got better and played well in a tough game yesterday so we will see but if we can get a really settled consistent and confident back 4 together we have the makings of a very good and attractive to watch side now.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Heard this repeated on ssb and me and family saying same thing when it happened changed the game mentally.... And mentally got the players going as well

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Cringer67 likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Tell you what a love? I was slating Craig Levein for doing the exact same the previous weekend :56:

charlietully and Cringer67 like this.
  15. Ak1

Some rebuild currently taking place this summer

In 8
    Forster, Elhamed, Bauer, Jullien, Bolingoli, Elyounoussi, Connell, Taylor

Out 10?
    Tierney, Lustig, Boyata, Allen,

Ralston, Henderson, Aitchenson, Miller on loan
    Possibly Hendry and Sinclair out as well.

Have I missed anyone??

16. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We also signed Jonathon Afolabi, U19 ROI striker but yeah its been some turn around of players. Going by recent results we're making a good job of it.

17. joemc

Never doubted lenny ,he is a smart cookie and knows how to get players onside and playing for you ,look at ncham as an example,and this is a guy who isn't playing regular ,would expect him to be moody n disruptive.
    The way the players celebrated with each other and the manager was good to see ,he is recreating a team of players who will develop genuine affection for our club and respect it ,the added bonus is they are ahead of schedule from wot I expected ,barring the cluj game where we got found out defensively by trying to run before we could walk in cl qualifiers ,we also get our chance to put that right again .

Jeannie960, Jonybhoy and moravcik1888 like this.
  18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If anyone was capable of doing a rebuild and getting a team to gel fairly quickly it's lenny.. He did it in his first season as manager signed a whole new team back then... Just needed a whole new back four and keeper this time

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    paulie67 and moravcik1888 like this.
  19. paulie67 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I wasn't too chuffed when Lenny was appointed, thinking it was just the board trying to be cheapskates.

But when I saw Lenny's face in the games we we're playing and they were big pressure games from the start...
    Seeing his emotions and how much it meant to him, I felt so ashamed and could've shed a tear for him.

I'm now glad he got the job and thinking back, it's hard to think of anyone else that could've come in and
    managed to do for us, what he has done.

HH Lenny and no more doubting from me.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Some people just fit a club. No rhyme or reason to it but their experience and personality only work properly at one club.

Lennon as the motivator, man manager, father figure and confidante will always ensure that everyone who steps over that white line will shed blood for the cause.

This could be a very historic season. We get the defence playing regularly like yesterday then we easily have the firepower to reach the knockout stages of the EL.