1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Team spirit and morale is great to see, starts from the gaffer.

One thing I noticed, nobody moans or spits the dummy if they don't get a through ball or lay off etc.

Encouragement oozes all over the pitch. Jullien mentioned in his post match about the communication at the back. I know that's a given, but really feels good out there.

Shadow of the Dunfermline game

2. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Some of our fans were very disrespectful towards him, hopefully they'll shut the * up now.

3. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It was really well-planned and timed. We pressed at opportune times to ruin Rangers' attack instead of a continuous frantic press that leaves teams gassed.

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Glad there's an international break now as well..

We put a lot in to that game. Injuries and what not. Pressed them as much as we could..

Result and break has come at a great time..

Gives a lot a chance to chill and get back fit..

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Day this guys was born should be. Significant date for celtic and for the huns he's was part of the O'Neil side who dominated a cheating hun side they made us a European force he then comes back as coach and then manager to be a thorn in their side gets us a last sixteen place beating arguably one of the best sides In the world... He starts off what is hopefully ten in a row and recruites some if our most valuable players leaves and comes back after the snake betrays us takes a whole load of flak and is written off sucks it up and drags a performance like that today if he gets the ten he has to be seen as one of the greatest influences and persons in celtic history next to jock stein surely.... Not to mention the recruitment of elhamed this season when we were crying out for right back and bringing forster back

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  6. Cringer67

:56:

Chieftain likes this.
  7. Cringer67

Delighted for him. Guys like me being over harsh on him after cluj and a few other things. Glad I’m the one eating humble pie.

ArturBorucCSC likes this.
  8. Ak1

Really pleased for Lenny, and not sure what he could have done better since he took over.

The cluj result/performance was a proper kick in the swingers, but with so little time to bed in new signings, it was pretty inevitable. That's not necessarily NL's fault, more a illustration of Rodgers failings in my opinion.

From what I've seen the new signings, are beginning to settle in, and previous underperforming players like Ntcham and Bitton are now putting in a proper shift.

Like many I had some doubts with Lennon's appointment, but from the kick off we really took it to them today, and the contrast between today's game and the toothless 0-1 defeat under Rodgers last year was enormous

9. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

I was a bit haveing Lennon was a step back. But i do love him, he has done so much for us. NOw the second time manager i Think the pressure is so much more on him. So far im just loving to be celtic

moravcik1888 likes this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
  11. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    You love to see it.

[​IMG]

Mickmac, Lilac Wine, Montero and 16 others like this.
  12. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

that IS SO GOOD PIC!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    If he pushes through a deal for Wanyama I'll never say a word again against the man.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  14. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

EHH, we have Bitton now..:60:

15. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    I'm not a proud or stubborn * that wont admit when I'm wrong... I've a had a few it's All-Ireland day and Glasgow derby day:lager: but if Lennon knows anything he knows how to skelp a hun...CL fiasco is over... I was angry as were others, we vented, lenny got *..its done and dusted now.. CL who gives a * anyway, UEFA elite:93:. our aim now is nine and ten , that's our main aim now for the next two seasons and ta go as fair as we can which I think 1/4 finals at least in the Europa.. * the huns you're animals and Lenny is gonna make you suffer far worse than we suffered in the late 80s and 90s.. TAL :ireland:

@Sean Daleer @moravcik1888 respect... @StPauli1916 you can still get ta *..whoop whoop mon the celts:party22:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  16. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Said it all along, he was the correct man to replace BR. Hopefully we can all get behind the man now after the last couple of weeks. The team are playing great football to watch in general but yesterday proved he has it tactically as well. We'll compete much better against Lazio and the likes with his team finally in place.

This should be a season to remember!

17. angusceltic67

Surely to * now the Lenny doubters are having a serious rethink.

If not, you want to get yourself down to the doctors.

Mickmac likes this.
  18. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Theyll be waiting for a game we loose due go dodgy penalties and red cards to resurface.

19. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    The Lenny doubters are back in their box. We've got an interesting European campaign to look forward to, the "resurgent" huns are licking their freshly inflicted wounds.

The Cluj thing was one poor 90 minutes in an otherwise immaculate start to the season from Lenny. Time we all started to believe in Lenny. WE ARE ALL NEIL LENNON!!!

20. Cringer67

Tactically he got this one absolutely spot on. Even analysing the kick off. Eddy was instructed to get the yardage and launch it deep in their half. It was more an American football tactical play than football and something that deserves enormous credit for. From that kick off we were in their half and in their faces. It set the tone completely and muted their fans. Look at the contrast to the last game where we * about in our own half , let them press us, conceded a free kick and then subsequently let a goal in. We never recovered from that. I think that play from kick off deserves enormous credit to Lennon. He’s been getting a hard time from some of the fans for his tactical nous, myself included, but credit is due here in spades. Take a bow Neil

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    littlekennie and Lilac Wine like this.