1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    My biggest gripe with him and I dunno if anyone else had ever clocked this but...

When we're needing a breather or up and needing to waste a few seconds and then ball goes back to him.....he picks it up immediately everytime..

Every other keeper takes it walkies and let's a striker chase it down to then pick it up..

So petty this but everytime :56:

2. NorwichCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Rogic All time - Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Made a couple of great saves early on which would’ve made the game slightly more nervy

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He did OK but (as boring as * as it’s become) his kicking is * dreadful.

Even his hopeless aimless punts never, ever, hit a Celtic player.

4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Woeful distribution, had all day to see what direction the pen was going (player opened his right side out) and was involved in a mix up early on with his own, when the defender headed it out while greet face silently tried to claim it.

Hes * useless.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  5. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    what was he thinking coming out his box and almost picking it up about 2 minutes after we scored? It was clearly for either Julien or Bitton to header away and he comes rushing out his box like a mad man, always has that rush of blood in Europe for some reason. No point of him even being in the goals when a penalty is taken. I'm taking it Forster can now be registered ?

6. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The negativity is becoming a joke with CG. He was excellent last night. Always feel confident he can pull off great saves like the one in the 2nd half 2-1 up. Dealt with crosses well too. Give the guy some slack. Just as well we had him. I'm also a fan of Forster, so delighted with the current options now.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He had shortbread and a wee dram before kick off as well.

Liam Scales and Rydo1888* like this.
  8. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Pathetic. Change the record Paul. Boring now.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CRAIG Gordon last night confessed the past week has been difficult for him to deal with after Celtic signed Fraser Forester on loan and Scotland manager Steve Clarke suggested he could be set to retire from international football.

But Gordon has vowed to do his utmost to retain his place in the starting line-up at Parkhead and force his way back into the national set-up in future.

The 36-year-old helped the Scottish champions beat AIK Stockholm 4-1 in Sweden on Thursday night to clinch a place in the Europa League group stages.

But former England goalkeeper Forster, who started against Hearts on Sunday, was unavailable for the match in the Friends Arena having only returned to Glasgow from Southampton seven days earlier.

Gordon acknowledged he will discover where he stands in the Celtic pecking order when the team is named for the Ladbrokes Premiership match against Rangers at Ibrox on Sunday.

He admitted he will be unhappy if he is left out of Neil Lennon’s starting line-up for the derby game against Steven Gerrard’s men.

“We’ll see what happens at the weekend and go from there,” he said. “I want to play as many games as I possibly can. But it’s a difficult situation to have four guys who have all played international football (Scott Bain, Forster, Gordon and Conor Hazard) all vying for one position.

“Bainy will be back soon, I think he’s only a few weeks away. But it’s going to be an interesting situation and a difficult one, not only for the coaches, but also the players to deal with.

We’ll find out at the weekend. Whatever the answer is come Sunday we’ll all know where we stand. It’s just up to me to play and train and play as well as I can when I get the chance to get in the team.

“It’s not been easy, I’ve got to be honest. I must admit it’s been a really difficult week personally. I found out on the morning of the first-leg that Fraser was being brought in, and then he signed that day at the game. I still had to go out and play and put that out of my mind.

We got a good clean sheet, but then I didn’t play against Hearts. I then had to come back into the team again for the AIK second leg and make sure we got through. I just wanted to do the best I could for everybody else, but myself too, to show everybody I’m still good enough to play and I’m not too old.

“Until Thursday night I was just thinking about the AIK game, and it was difficult to do that. I’ve had a hard week so I just wanted to get that game out the way and play as well as I could. I’ll regroup ahead of Sunday and prepare for that game. But we’ll see what happens and take it from there.”

Asked what Lennon had said to him about his situation, Gordon said: “Not a lot, nothing really. I just need to try and play well when I get the opportunity. I feel I did that on Stockholm on Thursday night. I did everything I had to do because I can’t go chasing it.

“I’m old enough and experienced enough now to know that I just have to go out and do the job and the manager will pick the team. I want to be in it as much as possible and if I’m not then I’m not going to be happy.”

Gordon wasn’t included in Scotland manager Clarke’s quad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Russia and Belgium when it was announced at Hampden on Tuesday.

Asked about the former Hearts and Sunderland keeper, Clarke stated: “I’m not putting words into Craig’s mouth, but he’s getting a little bit older and maybe bit closer to retirement.”

But the 54-times capped player, who made his last Scotland appearance in the 3-1 defeat to Portugal last October, stressed he is determined to feature again for his country

“I’ve not spoke to him (Clarke),” he said. “I just want to be playing as well as I can and be there to be selected if needed. I’ve not spoken to him so I don’t know what his thoughts are about it. We’ll see what happens, but I’m not going to rule myself out of selection. But it’s amazing how things change.

“A week ago on Thursday I was thinking I was going to be back in playing for Celtic with a great chance of getting the No1 spot back for Scotland, while playing in European football.

“But those seven or eight days feels like an enormous amount of time. It’s been quite a strange week and I don’t really know how to take it all.

“All I can do is try and stay focused and play as well as I can and prove to people I’m still capable as one of the best players to be selected for the national team. You have to keep proving that as a professional footballer."

Gordon continued:

“But it’s been a real week of negatives for me considering I’ve not done an awful lot wrong. I just had to concentrate on what I had to do, under a great deal of pressure and difficult circumstances. I’ve still managed to play consistently throughout and hopefully I get the chance to keep doing that.

“I want to play as many games as I can whether it’s here or somewhere else. I’ll do whatever it takes to try and show I’m still ready and able to play at international level as well.”

Gordon added: “I never actually saw his comments, but I heard about them. Listen, I don’t want to fall out with him. I want to play in his team so there is definitely no fall-out there.

“Maybe he’s formed an opinion on how it’s looked from the outside. I had an injury last season which took a while to clear up. But I’m now fit again and ready to play week in and week out.

“Maybe there are just some crossed wires there. I just hope there is still a chance down the line for me to get back in his thoughts.”

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  11. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He’s an extremely unlikeable guy. Face was tripping him at full time the other night.

Crilly, Seán Mac D, Pablo87 and 3 others like this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Can’t stand this *.

Crilly, Seán Mac D, Pablo87 and 2 others like this.
  13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Can understand how hard it must be in his position just now but don’t think he comes across well in that interview at all.

neilly1987 and Pablo87 like this.
  14. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    That interview makes me actually hate him

15. Maestro 08

'We'll all know where we stand'. Nice inflammatory language there Craig ahead of a massive game. The rest is just more self obsessed, 'poor me' pish. What a * he is.

Crilly and Marty McFly like this.
  16. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    What a *.

Crilly likes this.
  17. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Makes lennys job a lot easier now after he hears that.

Crilly, DennyCelt and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Should’ve been * out the door the night he never celebrated at Tynecastle, that turned my * stomach. :47:

19. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

He's had a good few pressers like this, he's 3rd choice keeper for me.

Crilly and DennyCelt like this.
  20. Smithmeister

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Championeeeeees!!!!!
    Short term memories. Wasn't that long ago we were telling Chelsea to * off with their bid for him.
    Has been a great free signing but his time has come to move on.
    Honestly, some fans should be better known as Dory the Tang fish....