1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

It’s gone mate, we have missed better, he always had the choice to come here & chose not too.
    We just need to move on & sort the replacement out, if he’s not here already.

Cringer67 likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    * John McGinn..

Lilac Wine likes this.
  3. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    If anything with Brown I think Lennon should cut him slack on Monday training and give him the day off. Just to recuperate better and would notice it in his game. I reckon. Maybe.

4. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Aye, but we spent 3m on Eboue Kouassi

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SB: “It’s always good to have an advantage, but the main thing is we need to try and score a goal and put them under a lot of pressure.

SB: “It’s about our mindset and how we go into this game. Away games are always more difficult but it’s about us playing our way, trying to dictate the play and not panic.”

SB: “It’ll be different tomorrow night. They’ll come out a little bit more attacking but we have pace on the counter to hurt teams. We are in a good place at the moment.

SB: “Every game is huge for us. We look forward to them. We need to win the next two games and that’s the objective.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  7. john2061

Lenny needs to make a big choice for Sunday as if he wants ntcham in the team then Broony needs to sit on the bench as having the two in the team then Christie and Forrest needs to move to other positions and that's not on for the zombie game .

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Brown will play and 100% should play. * "too good for this league" ntcham.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT BROWN jokes he’ll only be finished when somebody shoves him off the edge of a cliff.

Truth is, the Celtic skipper has felt like he’s been nudged towards the precipice for six years now.

Yet here he is, still standing tall.

It’s AIK with a mountain to climb in the Europa League play-off second leg in Sweden.

But having been knocked out of the Champions League by Cluj, Broony has shrugged off criticism of him — just like he’s done since he was 28.

Brown said: “I feel okay and will just keep going until somebody eventually drops me off the edge of a cliff.

Listen, I enjoy playing football and, as long as I’m doing that, the only person I’ll listen to is the manager.

“For me, as long as I’m picked to play, I’ll continue to give my all. My form doesn’t really matter.

“Everybody else seems to think about me but if we keep winning games and play well, it doesn’t matter if I’m in the team or not.

“All the lads are in exactly the same position.

“I’ve been hearing all this since I was 28. I’ve been rested a few times this season and it’s done me the world of good.

“It’s hard pushing through pre-season after ten days’ holiday but there are younger lads coming through who are pushing you.

“That’s what’s great, that competition. It keeps them going and it keeps me going. But we all do what we are told and whatever is best for the club.

“Have my legs gone? Listen, everyone is going to say that. To be fair, I have got thick enough skin to deal with all that.

For me, it’s about playing well, playing as much as I possibly can and enjoying my football. I play with a smile on my face more than anything now.

“I know my career is slowly coming to an end, but I still enjoy playing in front of 60,000 fans, I still enjoy winning and I always give 110 per cent.

“I have got two years left on my contract and I’ll be playing for those two years. I have still got a good 20 months left.

“You never know after that. We will see what happens, whether it is at Celtic or somewhere else.

“Whatever happens will kind of happen.

"For me, it is about continuing to play with Celtic as long as I possibly can, getting us into Europe and winning as many games as we possibly can in the league.”

Celtic have had criticism as a team on the back of their Champions League exit. Again, Brown shrugs it off without taking too much notice.

He added: “There is always going to be negativity. There are always people who try to put you down

But we have a tight bunch of lads and we try not to read too much into any of it.

“The reality is we had one bad game. Everyone had jumped on the bandwagon about it, but it is a long season.

"If we can get through this game, we could have a good season ahead of us. It’s going to be a hard game but one we’re looking forward to.

“We know it’s going to be hard for us playing away from home.

“We have a 2-0 lead, which feels like a good result, but we need to get another goal to make it hard for them.

“They’re going to think they have a chance and will come and attack us to put us under pressure from the word go.

“It’s about us being brave on the ball and taking our chances when they come around.

“The lads have been frightening going forward this season. We always look a threat, so we’ll need to make sure we close them off at the back

We need to be hard to break down and make sure that when we do go forward we don’t overload with bodies high up the park.

“But the best thing for us is if we can score a goal early as that would settle everyone’s nerves.

“It’s hard coming away from home and they have the crowd inside a big stadium pushing them on. But on a good pitch we can hopefully play in their half.”

Craig Gordon will start in goal against AIK after a hard couple of weeks. The arrival of Fraser Forster has been a dull one for the big man.

On top of that, he’s now lost his Scotland place.

But Broony added: “Craig is fantastic, Fraser is fantastic and Scott Bain is fantastic.

“We have got three great goalies. We have got competition there, with the younger ones coming through.

“Bainy has come in and done really well. He has been out injured for a wee bit and come back in.

Fraser has had a game as well.

“The manager has now seen them all. He had Fraser before and he knows what Craig can do as well.

"It will be his decision at the end of the day, but for me we have three great goalies.

“You can’t play them all but they will all get game time, I’m sure, and the chance to show what they can do.”

11. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    He was terrific last night breaking up the play and tidy on the ball. Same again on Sunday hopefully!

Lilac Wine likes this.
  12. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Don't think he should play on Sunday but it's obvious that he'll start. Just hope he has the energy to cope with it, cause we can't afford to lose the midfield battle.

14. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He'll stroll around * them over as usual and all you we * brown haters can come suck my big danglies when hes doing the broony right in your throat. BROOOOOOONNNYYYYYYYY

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Not quite the way I would have put it :56:you bhoys need to find a better way to Express yourselves :40: :56:

bagforlife likes this.
  16. honda Gold Member Gold Member

:56: :56:

Jeannie960 likes this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * tragic isn’t it when you say it like that.

Worrying about Brown, McGregor and Christie losing a battle with Jack, Aribo and Kamara!

18. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Those 3 are a lot more physical than ours, but we've got the better footballers. A big nasty DM is exactly what we're lacking in there, Wanyama is the ideal but anyone who can * slap those Huns will do.

Broony has it in him but those days might have passed now..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Only because you dont have danglies...

:fear:

Jeannie960 likes this.
  20. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Immense.