1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Sinclair!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TicFan88, Aug 6, 2016.

Discuss Scott Sinclair! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    This really is a shocking way to treat a senior player , we took up the option of the year !

Blochairnbhoy and Crilly like this.
  2. kmg

Are we really surprised by the way celtic has treated Sinclair. I'm not. I remember the days when players I loved like Di Canio, Van Hooidonk used the club to get a move and were vilified for their actions. Now Celtic are showing they are just as bad as the money grabbing players. Shame on the club I supported and shame on Lennon for carrying out their orders.

3. murphy88

The board obviously expected a decent bid to come in for him so we could sell him on and get something for him.

jake10 likes this.
  4. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I agree but it didn't come off. It has backfired.

But do we bite or nose of to spite our face, and don't play him?

The only thing that makes sense is if his wage has a large playing bonus

5. murphy88

No we should be playing him. I've said that already that it doesn't make sense to leave him out unless his wage structure is similar to Balde. If we had great options then I could understand leaving him out, his form has been poor, but he is being left out for Lewis Morgan. Absolute madness.

6. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly. Sinclair had a big part to play in the "invincible" and "treble treble" that is a big part of the club's history so give the guy some fuking respect.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Said it before, the treatment is utterly disgraceful. In fact, it’s disgusting. Lennons already starting with his favourites. Morgan is * useless.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  8. horseshoe

Roll this thread back a few months and people couldn't wait to get digs in about Sinclair playing * and being a passenger in so many games, even when he's still chalking up goals and assists, and he needs to be dropped stop playing favourites.

Now he's not getting games, only a month into the season mind and could still have plenty opportunities to contribute, it must be because something bad has happened behind the scenes or the board are freezing him out just to be dicks for no reason, how dare they do this to him.

It's mental the way these player threads can swing in a short space of time.

Gabriel and Whoflungdung like this.
  9. Murph-E

Lewis Morgan being dreadful yet still getting ahead of him every time has definitely exasperated it.

10. Jeremie Frimpong

No, it's not; not in the slightest.

Sinclair has underperformed for a long time, and has rightly received criticism for his poor performances. Some people, myself included, felt that he no longer merited his high wages, and felt that it was time for him to move on this summer.

That was based on the assumption that he would be replaced by a high-quality, first-team ready player, but he hasn't been, so the situation is straightforward: Sinclair is one of the two best natural left wingers at the club, and perhaps still the most effective; he should be in the squad ahead of a number of inferior players.

11. horseshoe

That's fair enough I don't particularly rate Morgan either, but folk just seem to be going out of their way to go tonto and make up doomsday scenarios recently. Even last week some people were talking like Shved had been banished from the squad and won't be seen again, it's * august.

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Lewis Morgan

13. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Some are saying its a bad way to treat a player, but no one knows what has happened behind the scenes, maybe Sinclair has been a bit if a diva. There were strong rumours he wanted out and threw a strop when the move fell through.

14. horseshoe

Isn't great but Lenny obviously sees something in him. That doesn't mean anything sinister is happening to Sinclair, a younger player being given a chance can be just that.

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think this is very much the road we are trying to go down. People say follow the 'Ajax model', we may be a long way off that but it does mean we have to give the young players time in the first team. Although if after time they're just not cutting it then you have to know when to say enough is enough and give someone else a chance. Id say Morgan has been no better than average and will have to show more if he wants a future as a Celtic first team regular.

16. oh bhoy

Many have said that he should be ahead of morgan but Johnstone done nothing to be ahead of Sinclair either.

17. Jeremie Frimpong

Johnston has 3 goals and 3 assists in 7 appearances this season, and has generally performed well.

jake10 likes this.
  18. oh bhoy

Still nowhere near as good as sinclair

19. Jeremie Frimpong

On their current form, he is.

callumrae1967 likes this.
  20. oh bhoy

I'm pretty sure sinclair has scored in the 10 mins he's got this season.