1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think we will win 9iar?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul McAuley, Aug 20, 2019.

Discuss Do you think we will win 9iar? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I'm honestly not convinced, the lack of investment has been criminal.

2. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    If we don't there will be a meltdown. People have put forward the opinion that Lawwell etc are deliberately keeping Sevco close to create interest and season ticket sales up. That could backfire spectacularly, because if we * it up and don't win the 9 & 10 then I suspect a lot of season tickets will go, challenge or not, as will commercial business with shirt sales, etc etc

3. Frasbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    sort the defence and we will smoke it.

4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The very fact that this thread exists is testament to our negligence.

9... 10...11... and so on, they should ALL be a formality given that our closest compeition is a broke * newco assembled with geriatrics and journeymen with a rookie manager, without half our financial clout or set up.

But here we are....

Says it all really.

In response to the OP I sincerely dont know. I really think weve * ourselves with the last 4 transfer windows and it has allowed that mob to gather a belief that has festered into a momentum. They horsed us twice last season and are even more hyped up this year.

I honestly think we just dont have the belief right now.

bhoy81 likes this.
  5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Everycunt needs to calm down. We lost 1 * game. A game against a team that's better than any scottish competition we will face. * me before that rangers were pish, *, worse than last year. Loose one game and suddenly how did they turn into world beaters? Because they scraped by kilmarnock?

Thank * were playing tonight. Theyll get pumped by leiga and we will win and normality resumes. * bunch of whiney we scared *. Bring the challenge on because we are the treble treble holders and still have the spine of the team. * yes!!!!!

Jax Teller and StPauli1916 like this.
  6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Infact if your no all gonna calm the * down I'm gonna climb right through your phone/tablet/computer screen and knock your teeth out.

Undefeated in the league. Highest goal tally.

Lost one game in a competition that's above anything any Scottish team has played.

Oh big bad scary rangers that the big bag biased daily ranger has bighed up is coming. Get tae *.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  7. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I agree with you mate that everyone is over-reacting. But the point is if we dont win 9 in a row this season then the board should get slaughtered and rightly so. £21m in for Dembelle. £25m in for Tierney. Putting the majority in the back pockets and then using not qualifying for the Champions League as an excuse for not re-investing. Yes Julien was a £7m purchase and probably around the transfer fee bracket we should be looking at. But we need more of this type of investment and in other positions too.

I dont agree with these comments either that 'fix the defence and everything will be fine'. We glaringly need a replacement for Broony and up front that Bayo doesnt seem to be getting fit very soon (another Brendan Rodgers special). We need to shore up the defence, we need another commander in the midfield and more cover up front for Grif and Eddy. If the board ignore this and this season goes * up then the Sack the Board campaign needs ressurected

8. annieroos83

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Nine, yes. Defense is woeful as has been pointed out, but we'll still score more goals than anyone else.

If we lose more players in the Winter/Summer (could see CalMac lured to the EPL) without investment, it's a no on the ten, though.

9. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    You realise that huns scored more than us the past two seasons, right? And they only got better while we got worse.

10. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    they only got better while we got worse............... ah * off

11. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    You do not agree? We got a better main RB but not a cover. LB is a massive downgrade. Brown is not up to playing games at the highest level. Bain is poor and hopefully Forster can be an immediate upgrade but that remains to be seen. Jullien seems like a massive signing on paper and hopefully can come good but so far it does not seem he is an upgrade to Boyata nevermind Benkovic.

Theirs only downgrade is not getting Kent while everyone else seems like an upgrade.

12. Murph-E

Hellander may be decent, but the rest of their summer signings have came in the form of a Charlton player fresh from the 3rd tier, a free from Kilmarnock they couldn't afford to sign outright in January, a free from Motherwell and a 300k Oldham boy.

They've not gone out and brought in major proven quality at all. I do think they'll challenge, but with TENS OF MILLIONS more money than them, we have the capability to blow them out of the water.

Whoflungdung and CydonianWaffle like this.
  13. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fair enough, Murph-E! I appreciate an answer that has substance and more than telling me to * off :D

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
    Murph-E likes this.
  14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Nae chance. Might as well hand the huns the league title now. The glory days are over. :eek:

StPauli1916 likes this.
  15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

All that is true Murph but Aberdeen secured 2nd for how many years running by signing bosmans from English League 1/2 & SPFL. Our finances available should mean that we're shopping rungs above the huns but outwith Julien this year and Édouard last year (even though they spent more cumulatively that summer) we aren't.

If we keep shopping in similar markets how on earth do we expect to keep the gap between us? Utter arrogance.

Murph-E likes this.
  16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    You do realise we are averaging 6 goals a game in the league this season ?

17. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Give it time !!

18. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    After two games, though...I don't think this is a strong argument at this moment.

19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    It's a stronger one that looking back at previous seasons under different managers with different styles of play. Goals scored last season don't count in this seasons totals.

20. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Okay, time will tell who's right, simple as that. And I hope it's you.

StPauli1916 likes this.