1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic (2) v AIK Stockholm (0), Europa League.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Aug 17, 2019.

Discuss Celtic (2) v AIK Stockholm (0), Europa League. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ntcham's only started 4 games and 3 of them were Nomme away, Cluj and Dunfermline - our worst performances - how can he be one of our best midfielders. It's no coincidence he plays in all of our worst games. He's was hiding in last 2 games at Ibrox.

2. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Welcome to our forum. Nice to hear from you. I was thinking the same as you said above that given you seem strong defensively that you might look to sit in and defend and play on the counter tomorrow night. In fairness to us although we have serious issues at the back right now which caused the defeat to Cluj our overall form has actually been decent otherwise so will be interesting to see how the game goes tomorrow night.

Fully87 and kramer1 like this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Seems based off what you've said is that if we turn up with the right attitude, then we should win. The negative vibe around the club and presumably the dressing room right now is a big weight on everyone's shoulders, this game is huge now as a result.

The fact your manager prioritises defence is a worry for me, even though we regularly have to break teams down in Scotland who play defensively against us, if we get frustrated then the pressure on us increases even more.

Hopefully it's a good game and we put the tie to rest at home before going to Sweden, if not, our season will be off to the worst possible start.

Fully87 and kramer1 like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Can see us starting early and doing a number on AIK..

Play at any kinda tempo from the off, on the that big pitch....and they'll struggle to handle us..

scootz likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    As i said earlier they won't be anywhere near as aggressive against us as Cluj were. I suspect they'll come here and park the bus, maybe try and get an away goal, but that'll suit us a lot better.

I don't think they have much pace in their side outside of Elyounoussi and Bahoui, neither of which will start tomorrow.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Just announced that the game WILL be shown by CelticTV in UK and Ireland.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. DayleCFC1888

Strange mate not got a scooby about that, suppose ill see how busy it is tomorrow night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. DayleCFC1888

I always thought Malmo was the biggest club in Sweden , is this inaccurate ? Im also aware that IFK Goteborg have two European biggest trophies which is a magnificent achievement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    #JUSTICEFORTOMBOYDCSC

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully let’s rip tomorrow.

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Doesn’t matter if you disagree he’s not solely responsible for those losses.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Because he’s been better than Brown and McGregor.

15. Keano88

Elhamed a doubt?

Gordon
    Ajer Jullien Jozo Boli
    Brown McGregor
    Forrest Christie Johnston
    Edouard​

16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Buzzin for this now!

Gonna get the tunes in ma lugs all day tomorrow and get right up for it

Mon!!!!! :ynwacelti

Lilac Wine and eire4 like this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Gordon

Ajer Jullien Simunovic Bolingoli

McGregor Ntcham

Forrest Christie Johnstone

Édouard

18. fortee

Both yes and no, to be honest. Depends what you read into 'biggest'. Im obviously biased here, but what I tend to see as important aspects to consider when talking about a club's size, I do believe there are other parameters than titles. On the other hand, Id be the first one to admit it is about winning We just have four league titles since the end of WW2, which is a lot less than Malmö FF and IFK Göteborg, for example. Some (well, basically all the others) might say that fact alone disqualify us from being THE biggest club. But our self-image is that we are a lot bigger than any other club in Sweden, and Scandinavia. This is an interesting thing that I could elaborate on for hours, but let me just list a few facts that at least for me makes us stand out:

- Every year a list is compiled of the most frequently-mentioned brands (all categories, in all types of med). You will see Volvo, Apple, Google, H&M, IKEA at the top of the list. 2018, AIK was 9th. The year before, 5th - no other sports team is close to making the top 25 on that list. Says something about the interest the club has, not only here in Stockholm, but nationally.

- Since 1910, when they started collecting data, AIK have had the highest average league attendance 43 times. IFK Göteborg 27 times, Malmö FF 10 times.

- Looking at the All-time table, AIK is found on 3rd place, behind Malmö FF and IFK Göteborg.

- In active (paying) members, AIK is the largest association club in Scandinavia (around 25 000). As a result, we have the largest following on social media. As of now, we have 227 316 people following the club on Facebook. Malmö FF, as a benchmark has 189 827, IFK Fish (Göteborg) 151 047, Hammarby IF 84 272. FC Copenhagen, one of the most successful clubs in Scandinavia the last 10 years, have 223 735 followers.

- AIK have competed in the Swedish Premier Division 90 times, which is more than any other club.

What do you think, are we the biggest or is it just our self-image that deceive again? :)

:)

19. Swedish1910

Hello all Celtic fans, you lads/lassies are not very far off.

There's actually 2 top clubs in Sweden, Malmö FF and IFK Gothenburg.
    Malmö FF you are all aware of the club you lot met in the Champions League playoff a few years back and IFK Gothenburg who have won UEFA cup twice 1982 and 1987.

Malmö is the biggest club in Sweden with 20 domestic league titles, whilst IFK Gothenburg has 18.

AIK have won 4 domestic league titles since world war II 1992,1998,2009 and 2018. They are not even close to either Malmö FF or IFK Gothenburg when it comes to challenging for the biggest club in Sweden.

They may have the most fans in Scandinavia but they have other sections than football which both Malmö FF and IFK Gothenburg don't.
    We are only counting from a football perspective where AIK not even the biggest team in Sweden.

Regarding this playoff leg between Celtic and AIK, I think Celtic will go through with no problem you are by far the better side with more depth.

Best of luck YBIG!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  20. Rob Raven

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown