1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think we will win 9iar?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul McAuley, Aug 20, 2019.

Discuss Do you think we will win 9iar? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

For a 60+ game season? We don’t have nearly the depth they do. We might have the better starting Striker, Midfielder, Winger, Defender but they’ve got a bloated squad full of players more than capable of performing in this league and ours is pretty thin. Any injuries and we could be in real trouble. It’s going to be a long hard season and we need the players to cope with it.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    So far as I can see both us and them have 29 first team players.

3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

We need to sign a right back, centre back and left back quite clearly. I agree there.. but after that our back up 11 with subs is:

Bain
    (Ralston) (Hendry) Jozo (Hayes)
    Ntcham Bitton
    Shved Rogic Morgan
    Griffiths

Hazard; Henderson, Sinclair, Arzani, Connell, Kouassi, Bayo

Excluding the 11 (Gordon, Elhamed, Ajer, Jullien, Bolingoli, Brown, McGregor, Christie, Forrest, Johnston, Edouard)

We lack depth at the back at the moment but I will wait another 2 weeks before panicking about that.

Do you genuinely think guys like Connell, Henderson, Sinclair and Arzani wouldn't make the Huns second team? They wouldn't make ours.

4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
  5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

We are realising Morgan isn’t good enough. Ralston isn’t good enough. Hendry isn’t good enough. We’ve not seen Arzani, Connell and Bayo. Kouassi is the forgotten man. Right now who even knows about Boli. Shved is the only one I’m willing to go out on a limb and say he will be a success. The rest we don’t know, like I said we are a couple of injuries off being in real trouble. It’s just worrying and the reason it’s too early to know what’s going to happen.

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Feels like they’ve signed 29 this summer. Ok most of them are SPL level players who were playing for Killie etc but they will be able to step in and do a job no bother in the league and cups.

7. Cupid Stunt

I think we will, but we're nowhere near where we should be in terms of quality in our squad and it's unforgivable given the money we are sitting on that we aren't clear favourites at this moment in time.

Anyone that is sitting there right now, thinking we will walk the league is for me either looking at the world through rose tinted glasses or bordering on delusional.

The club has a strange feel about it, the fans are divided over the management team, certain players, the board and who is to blame for a string of failed transfer windows. I think it's the fact that nobody really factually who to put the blame on is the most frustrating part and the cause of the divide and a slight toxicity around the place.

Let's be honest, myself included, all we're doing by fighting amongst ourselves is giving the media what they've wanted for years and plays directly in to the Huns hands, but there has to be accountability for what is going on and things absolutely must change and fast. A bad result in Europe and at Ibrox and the atmosphere is only going to get worse, on the flip side, two positive results and the majority probably forget about the past three windows and personally I don't think either of those possibilities are good for our long term ambitions.

The SPFL in general looks a lot weaker this season as well, Aberdeen, Hibs and Killie all look * and I haven't thought much of Hearts so far either. Even the likes of St Johnstone look like relegation fodder.

I think us and the Huns will break away from the pack by some distance and there will be more weight and pressure on the games against them. I can honestly feel myself getting angry just thinking that. How have we got here?

8. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Of course we will.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  9. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  10. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

No......and I hate myself for feeling this way. I feel like I'm watching a * movie and I know im going to hate the ending.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yes..

Will likely be scrappy and a slog though..

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Actually think we'll get relegated this year. :42:

Jax Teller and Cupid Stunt like this.
  13. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

My main concern is how fast the Ibrox match is coming at us.

Whether we like it or not, we have completely shat it two matches in a row there and I'm worried about it for that reason.

Ewang83, Gully Sands and bkk bhoy like this.
  14. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    On current form NO,

Sevco aint great but they do have a better defence. They can replace like with like in their squad but our squad looks like we might struggle if we pick up long term lay offs.

I am not sure Lenny will sort out our defensive frailties. we are ok up front and i just have a feeling that most teams will get goals against us this year, Even Dunfermline and the likes will think if the can stop us scoring they can get a result.

Early days and window still open but this season is gonna be a tough one

15. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Might as well face it...the huns have improved and our defence is a shambles. As it stands the title is as likely to end up at their *-tip as it is to stay in Paradise. I dont blame Lennon, I blame horrendous player recruitment and for that I hold Peter Lawell responsible. He should have spent a few million putting in place a top class scouting network and recruitment team, he is overseeing millions being wasted on players that are not good enough. Disgusting.

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  16. themouth1888

Celtic are the only team that will stop us from winning 9iar

17. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    Can someone explain to me the rationale behind the widely expressed notion that "the 10 will take care of itself" if we get 9? I literally do not understand this at all and think it's a ridiculous statement. Why would it take care of itself, especially given the current trajectory/lack of ambition of the club?

18. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I've never heard anyone on here say "10 will take care of itself if we get 9"...

19. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    I was just on 2 different threads on this forum and just saw it posted twice.

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I'm not willing to write Morgan off yet and Hendry and Ralston were in brackets for a reason.