1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawwell isnt the problem...

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Aug 19, 2019.

Discuss Lawwell isnt the problem... in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    As much as I want to dent the * head in for his constant flurry of absolute bullshit, he ISN'T the problem.

As much as his reputation precedes him; "tough negotiator", "financial visionary", "corporate whiz" and all that other pish, Peter Lawwell is a club employee. He's NOT king of Celtic Football Club.

Theres very little doubt that Lawwell has his hands on the wheel at our club but who gave him the * keys?

Theres a reason that a penny pinching corporate fluff club like Arsenal came head hunting him a decade ago. He's a talented *. Just look at what he has achieved (financially) with us.

Peter Lawwell is a boardroom conduit. He serves at the pleasure if the board, is chosen by them, acts in their interests and ultimately follows their directives.

When * started to look sideways under Ronny, Lawwell didnt clap his hands together, pop in his shiney clogs and skip down to England to go after Brendan Rodgers. Moustache aficionado and absentee landlord Dermot Desmond gave nod, the board sanctioned it and Lawwell negotiated it.

Its the exact same with our current recruitment policy. The board tell Lawwell what he has to play with... he follows their lead.

If real change is to be seen with our recruitment and squad investment it MUST be sanctioned by both the majority shareholder and by extension the board of directors.

Concomitantly... what is required is a dramatic shift in policy. This WILL NOT be achieved with our current board. Not when Tory fuckboys, living wage denial monkeys and greed merchants sit around the table hatching plans to divert profits into non football assets.

Peter Lawwell doesnt have to go anywhere. The board do.

Its mars bar time. Its time for mass protests before games. Its time for banners and chants. Its time for setting fire to bags of * and leaving them on bankiers doorstep. Its time Dermot Desmond was brought to task. Its time for US to change it.

Its time for this board to go.

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

It’s Craig Gordon.

littlekennie likes this.
  3. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Is that Hoopy the Hounds fault..

freitassen likes this.
  4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ever since he got a bird things have gone south

5. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye on that topic Hailey needs to bolt when did that become a thing

Marty McFly likes this.
  6. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Don't blame it on the sunshine
    Don't blame it on the moonlight
    Don't blame it on good times
    Blame it on the *'n disco lights !

7. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I might be wrong but to my knowledge Dermott has been with us long before lawell. Lawell was appointed around 2003.

For me, since 2003 we have had a few blips but overall found big money in CL and player sales. Yet we seem to spend less than we did prior to his appointment. That being said I 100% take on board what you are saying. Lawell has a boss in Dermott and has to follow the direction Dermott sets. I just wonder how much freedom lawell has in dictating our spends and sales. It's my gut feeling and for many he has plenty of freedom with it and is overly shy with the purchasing side of things. Imo lawell wants domestic dominance with spending as little as possible, kind of makes sense but time and time again we see to little being spent. He is willing to take it into dangerous territory, should it backfire a large portion of the blame will be with lawell for me

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Heard she's a proper dog too

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It’s his sister ffs :56:

10. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Lawwell thought that appointing Ronny was a good idea and it was him who strolled into the hampden showers to offer Lenny the job.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    At the board behest he did admit about lenny

12. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I blame them. They're to blame. Them, that's who I blame.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If he does have the freedom to do what he wants then that is the boards responsibility for handing him that. However the board decide on budgets per season and would have to sign off big expenditures.
    Yeah spending went down after Lawwell came in but I'm sure we were in a * load of debt when he came in.

14. joemc

We have a problem with recruitment,and the time it takes to get any over the line ,look over at the shambles of a club across the city who cant do much right ,but I'll tell you wot ,the dont mess about with signing players ,ok maybe they are shopping in a different market and are going for loans and cheaper players but tell me this ,did it show at ibrox last year .
    We have to let the manager pick his players he needs until we have a stable scouting team working together,we have spent 10 mill on a few players with little to show for that atm and we cant afford to let that happen,.
    It can be argued that rangers haven't got better but that we are getting closer to them ,wot makes a die hard celt fan and player leave the club he loves ? Does he see things going south literally at the club and knows it's as good as it gets ,and the right time to leave .
    It seems there are to many bodies to pass a decision at our club and we lose precious time trying up deals and players find they have other options afterwards,this is not a new thing ,manager needs lb ,goes to chief scout ,he gives a list of players available and affordable,manager picks the best available,deal is tied up , why does it have to be so * difficult,and btw the way we have been about recruitment recently I start to question the ones we do get over the line and ask why ,wots wrong with them ?does anyone else ?
    It's been horrendous the last 2 seasons especially and the last decent recruitment season was br 1st for our club and when you buy quality you have the best chance to qualify for cl ,when you sell said quality and dont replace with similar or good potential then you get wot we have now .

15. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Fs Hoopy's starting tae sound like wan ae them

16. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Give him time. Lawwell just doesn't know the city yet

17. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    I don't think Desmond has had any real interest in the football side of Celtic since the early years of MON's time when there was money in the scottish game and him and Murray thought us and the huns would end up in the EPL or some atlantic league, Lawwell's his guy and as long as he makes his money from the business side of things I don't think he gives a * what things are like on the park as long as we're ahead of the huns.

18. joemc

When you read some of the posts on this you get a sense of supporters who have given up on hope regarding player recruitment and have to joke about it .

thailandceltic likes this.
  19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Tom Boyd's fault.

20. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    It would cost £45-60 million to buy out the business. If every single one of the estimated 10 million Celtic fans chips in £5, we can seize control of the club