1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Strahinja Pavlovic

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by LectersLuncheon, Jul 25, 2019.

Discuss Strahinja Pavlovic in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momo Sylla

In the last year we have sold 3 players for around 50m plus the van Dijk add on which takes it to around 60m. We have also cleared a considerable chunk off the wage budget and have a manager on a pittance compared to Rodgers.

We absolutely have the money but our board refuse to budge time and time again and fail to strengthen when it's needed. 4 times in the last 15 years we've had an opportunity to push on to a higher level and our board have chosen to downsize.

Virtually every very other club which could be considered comparable to us is capable of getting their business done when it's required. Every single year we * around until after the qualifiers than use the excuse of not qualifying for not spending.

The KT money plus his high wage being gone virtually cover CL losses so that pies poor excuse doesn't cut it.

Lennon has also said the opposite. Every other statement the last 2 weeks has been a complete contradiction.

We can't continue to sell our best players and replace them with players at 1/8 of their value and expect not to be severely weakened. Nobodies asking us to go spend 15m on a lb but we can absolutely spend in the 5-7m range. We should have moved on from 2-3m by now but have failed to build on the model of buying low and selling high as much as we should have by now.

It's been around 8 years since we started that but then basically neglected it under Deila.

Sorry for the long post but it's ready getting to me right now.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  2. CountyDownFaithful

Bankier is a Tory *.

If we don't spend money and get well-beaten at Ibrox, Celtic Park will turn toxic. Cheap managerial appointment, terrible transfer planning, failed CL campaign.

I hope I can look back at my posts towards the end of this season and laugh, I really do. But it appears to be * hour in the Celtic Park boardroom at the minute - monumental * up one after the other.

3. ddub11

As * of about this as anybody,but do ye not think maybe the players we are targeting would rather play in a better league if giving the option?

May not be the clubs fault all the time.

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just going to a meeting the now will get back to you at lunchtime with how the board could and probably do view our points

5. Momo Sylla

No worries mate.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
  7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ignore the van dijk add on and the Edouard transfer that was not in the interim accounts or the account to be published next month.

If you look at it from a year ago the now;

Of the £19.8m Dembele cash £12.8m was used to cover part of our operating costs and £7m was put in the bank.

This is mainly due to failure of qualifying for the UCL. That £7m will never see the light of day again.

The £10m from rodgers Congerton and co, well £7m of that was spent on Jullien and £300k on Connell.

The board have said the cash is there and it’s staying there end of no ifs buts or maybes it’s being used for infrastructure of the club as a whole and won’t be spent on the first team. Their words at the AGM no one else’s.

You are correct part of the KT cash will be banked and part will be used to cover the running costs. They may allow Lennon £1m - £1.5m tops.

Lennon is playing the game that is it, his pressers are a mess.

We will continue to flog our assets and replace them with projects it’s the business model.

You are right I estimate the salary costs as the club on a whole are down by £13m to £15m per season as things stand.

We can afford 1 player maximum per financial year in excess of £4m under the current structure that’s when I see some of these names being linked I laugh.

The business model works for the PLC and unless we shift in a Ntcham, Rogic or Sinclair for significant value you can forget all the talks of £4.5m centre mids, £4m right backs and £2m left backs.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It felt toxic on Saturday tbh at some stages

9. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We never were in for this guy- I think the RB from the same team was our target. Pavlović is an 18 year-old, FFS.

10. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Ian and Peter wouldn't have felt that, they didn't make it along on Saturday.

Only 2 I recognised were Chris McKay and Tom Allison, I shouted up "Tell Peter and Ian I was asking for them" as I walked by... response was blank stares.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yeah heard Iain and Peter where elsewhere pair eh *!

People would be shouting worse I imagine if they were there!

12. CountyDownFaithful

Yup and Lawwell & Bankier didn't even turn up to witness it.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Pointless shouting abuse at the rest of them when the 2 that hold the real power aren't there to hear it.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The minute I heard Bankier attack the fans at the AGM and then At the AGM last year saying the money in bank won’t be invested in the team I knew where we where heading.

You also hear Rodgers saying in the summers of 2017 and 2018 “we are being outspent by rangers and we are the team in the champions league”

You knew then we where walking right into this abomination!

15. Momo Sylla

Banking that when we needed to replace Dembelè is inexcusable. When we sell for big money a portion if that should always be allocated for a replacement.

Failure to qualify has cost us around 100m in lost revenue which would more than cover those additional running costs if we would invest at the appropriate time instead of waiting. Spend say 10-12m on 2 players 1 season and the next we shouldn't have to spend much outside of replacements and maybe the odd deal we see as good value. That kind of lack of investment is why we keep failing. We need proven quality not constant gambles.

That accounts for less than 1/5 of transfer fees before taking into account wages. I don't expect or want us to spend all of that but investment in youth or a Broony replacement for example would go a long way. We've failed spectacularly in preparing for life after Broony. Someone should've been brought in last year to learn under him and be phased in.

I know that's what they've said but to sit on that in perpetuity is of absolute no use to our main product, the team. Stop wasting money on * like disco lights and revolving screens (which will ruin the look of the stadium) and invest that money in actual youth coaches instead of ex players. Not against having these guys around for their knowledge but youth is the best way forward for our situation.

If that's all Lennon gets out of 25m plus the released wages then we might as well give up. It's not like we have a young lb ready to step up and challenge Boli.

Playing with the press like that does nobody any favours. Either say nothing or give us a straight answer. The fans deserve better and all it does is create more bad feelings towards the higher ups.

We should be beyond 1-2m projects by now and we all know it rarely works out. We should be gradually stepping up what we spend on projects as our fees have increased but instead we're still spending at the level of a decade ago and it's hurting us big time.

Like I said earlier I don't expect us to spend big every season but smart investment on quality every 3/4 years would go a long way in moving us forward as a club but I don't think the board have any ambition of that. We need some experienced heads to guide the younger guys and that's something we severely lack. Where are the leaders in the team? I count 2 maybe 3.

That is why something needs to change. They are gambling massively with our future. If we fail to get the 10 there's absolutely no excuse for it as we should be miles clear of that mob and continued failure in Europe will see us become unseeded making CL qualification extremely difficult.

If we as fans can see this how can some supposedly skilled businessmen be so short sighted. Their aversion to the slightest risk will see us become completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    When you were originally talking about letting your feelings be known bud.....I was genuinely gonna say those *'s probably won't even show face for Dunfermline..

They knew or had a fair idea how it would play out..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Just shows you the contempt they hold the support in.

Radio silence since the Tierney sale while Lennon has been their lightning rod, taking all the flak from the ire of the fans, pundits, press etc.

Embarrassing but not surprising.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They don't give a *. They've made that patently clear. I'm sure Lawwell pretty much said he didn't give a * what the support wanted or thought about the Lenny appointment..

Ah well mate. Fool him twice, shame on him..

Murph-E likes this.
  19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Signed for lazio!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.