1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

His first * up in a decade?

Must have missed some of those performances in the cups in his first spell. Or the qualifiers against Braga, Utrecht, Sion...

2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Yes I understand it on that term obvcourse we do and has been like that for as far as I can remember.
    But since achieving 3 on the bounce it’s comoletely changed a lot of fans mindset and it’s madness, Previously we went into each campaign WANTING to win every competition domestically now it’s more the case of EXPECTING to win every competition.and going by Previous reaction it’s going to be a complete Disaster if we don’t achieve a treble , this is part to blame by the media they are completely playing on it and some fans are being Taking in by them *.
    As I said 10IAR is the goal well in my eyes and I hope others fell like that if that means losing out in a cup then so be it I will have far more memories looking back at the 10 in a row mate.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  3. Jeremie Frimpong

:rofl:

Liam Fraser, Murph-E, Twisty and 2 others like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Again, that’s partly Lennon’s fault if they aren’t up to speed yet.

You don’t spend £7m on a centre half to then not playing them in the CL qualifiers. It’s * idiotic.

Should have been playing bounce games to get him up to speed. Whatever it takes.

5. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Well said Sutton

Calming down from 2day , think we need to realise how good we were the other week

6. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Just a flat out lie. Defend Lennon, by all means but the sheer fact you have to lie about his achievements in 10 years just proves how far certain fans will go. * Christ almighty.

Orsenfelt and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  7. liammcdowell

Where the climate is raw and the gun makes the law
    Fav Celtic Player:
    KT63
    No, he should be away too but that’s not going to happen overnight - it will take a longer campaign to remove him. Lennon can be removed easily and immediately

8. jay62

i see your point mate , and like i said i hope i,m wrong , but if i see morgan one more time without giving sinclair a shout , or playing one of our best midfielders as a fullback , with 10 million pounds of new signings gathering splinters , all bets are off

9. Pogues

But do you agree two individual howlers cost us the game?

10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Then again the ball falls into Lawwell a court to handle the situation of appointing a new manager to take us forward im not comfortable with that and it shows how much of a mess we are in. We should have been moving forward every year from a position of strength it’s a shambles

11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That, in addition to poor game management and team selection.

12. TheHappyLoss

There isn't a bigger Celtic man to lead us to the 10, really hope it happens for him and for us

Mince.Charming and Pogues like this.
  13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Exactly, the same braindead * who were complaining that Bolingoli/Julien should never have been in a Celtic team at Motherwell, however should have definitely played in our biggest game of the season a few days later.

If you say who you think should play and why before the game then fair enough. If you are just going to sit behind a computer screen and shout THAT'S WRONG, THAT'S WRONG, all the time then, yeah it's the internet but you really offer * all to any debate.

14. GavCFC1

When asked if he could have a new addition before Thursday's Europa League clash against AIK, Lennon said: "Possibly. Might be cup-tied though.''

Keano88 likes this.
  15. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Eh :56:where were you his first 4 seasons

16. CountyDownFaithful

Some will call it an overreaction but I do have serious doubts about Lennon's ability to lead us to the ten.

He’s stated that he didn’t think his selection had anything to do with our defeat during the week and thinks we dominated today. Really?

I believe he is more of a motivator than a tactician. His go-to solution is to rally the troops (or bring on Lewis Morgan!).

It’s been a bad week and too early to make any big decisions. I envisage a rollercoaster of a season based on what I’ve seen so far. When things are good with Lennon they’re great, when things are bad they’re terrible. There’s no middle ground.

Orsenfelt likes this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Standard.

18. oh bhoy

We can't just surrender possession of the ball so cheaply, getting the ball foward quickly is all good if we are retaining it hoofing 50 50 balls is madness.he said he was going to build on what Rodgers did but it looks like he's scrapped the lot

19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    The Sinclair one is another interesting example of the reactionary * on here. Look back at the comments on here about him last year and the abuse he got when he played yet when he isn't played the majority have completely flipped :57:

Mince.Charming, Idioteque and Pogues like this.
  20. Pogues

The poor game management criticism is another one that a lot of people have used on here. In that second half when we were all over them and looked capable of scoring a barrow load, no way should we have been shutting up shop and trying to defend a one goal margin. He got that correct as well but again hindsights a great thing.