1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Don’t think Julien was capable of playing it’s clear to see he ain’t up to it and I can only hope he eventually will. If you didn’t fell like this after his appearance against Motherwell then you got the chance to witness today that he ain’t up to it :50:

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Bullshit.

Celtic fans have expected Celtic to win every single domestic competition we compete in every year for as long as the club has been alive - well, maybe with the except of the "dark days" of the 90's.

The fact that we've managed to complete the Triple Treble two years on the trot does not make us greedy or whatever - it makes us successful in what we have achieved, regardless of any outside factors.

Keano88 likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Our shape was all over the place, which didn’t help.. but aye you do get games like that in the Cup..

His team selections are baffling at the minute too, it’s a tough wee period and a few additions are needed to spark something me life into the squad.

Random Review and Sean Daleer like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’s been here since the end of June mate.

He should have been up to speed ages ago. The fact he isn’t reflects badly on him and Lennon.

5. Keano88

:56:

6. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Aye well as you may know going by the amount of times we have actually won the treble it doesn’t happen every year. Perhaps it will take us missing out on one of the cups one ear for fans to get back to reality some of them have there heads up there *! 10iar is the main objective

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I still think he's the right man for the job. I don't deny that Tuesday was a monumental * up; but as far as I'm concerned it's his first one in around a decade at Celtic as player and manager. I * up in my job more than that in the avarage month TBH. It wouldn't feel right to turn on him the first time he does it.

That doesn't mean he doesn't have to sort it out sharp. Lose against AIK and the Huns and I will also start to have strong doubts.

However, and I'll go "on record" saying this: it won't happen. I have total belief that he will sort it out for those games. If I am wrong, feel free to quote this and rip into me.

StPauli1916 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

Our lack of an out-and-out striker, or the lack of playing Griffiths through the centre hindered the formation today.

Edouard - depsite being a top class forward - really does * * me off in games when he stays deep. * even Christie was playing further forward than him for points of the game, wheras before that Griffiths was out left, out right and anywhere else but in the striker position.

JC Anton likes this.
  9. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Perhaps he’s no good enough have you bought about that?
    Only time will tell I suppose and I certainly hope he is

10. Orsenfelt

Said it before he was hired - this squad was built to play a style of football Lenny isn't good enough to maintain let alone improve on. We've got the opposite problem Rangers have, most of our midfield is better than the manager ever was. He's hamstringing them trying to play 4 wide men banging in crosses for a (otherwise brilliant) striker who hates crosses.

The amount of game time Morgan is getting is criminal and it highlights the issue for me. Lennon just praises him for doing a lot of running - apparently completely missing the fact we're as good as a man down with how little he actually does to get us into scoring positions.

*' raging.

11. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    To be honest, let's wait until the blue mob game on September 1st. We owe em big time and even though Édouard seems bored as * now...he'll 100% step up for the game. We also miss Rogic, the big man always scored against them.

12. Mr. Slippyfist

Whether it happens every year or not is irrelevant.

Celtic fans go into almost, if not every, season expecting to be the best team in the league, the Scottish cup and the league cup.

13. Mince.Charming

A player like Neil Lennon is exactly what our midfield is missing.
    Total bullshit and lack of respect for his achievements as a player.

14. Keano88

Has anyone even mentioned they expect a treble this season?

15. Darnok

I am not a fan of Lennon as manager, but as a player, he was better than anything we have now.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Given we spent £7m on him, he fecking better be good enough.

Mince.Charming and MickeyyMack like this.
  17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    His first in 10 years???

18. Orsenfelt

I don't disagree that it's what we're missing. Don't see how that changes anything I said.

19. Pogues

The £10m worth of defenders are clearly not up to speed yet, so that was absolutely the correct decision not to play them. Playing macgregor at left back was a mistake, no doubt about it, but hindsights a great thing. From a winning position two massive individual errors cost us. But it's clear some didn't want lennon in the first place so every bad result or performance will be down to him.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  20. oh bhoy

Lennon was a far better player than any of the midfielders we have now

Mince.Charming likes this.