1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mince.Charming

What has his treatment been?
    For all you know Sinclair is wanting to leave and that's why he's not been involved.

StPauli1916 and rkid like this.
  2. oh bhoy

The worst performance I've seen since the ronny days ,* up formation, players out of position ,no style or game plan ,Sinclair frozen out again and worst of all from a Lennon side no * heart deflected shot and a cross which ended up in the back of the net the only thing stopping us being knocked out by * dunfermline .get Lennon to * tonight before this season is lost in the first couple of weeks

3. Pogues

Do you think it's helpful for supporters to call for him to be sacked when 7 days ago there was no even a murmur of it?

4. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If nothing else, I would say that today showed why Lenny didn't trust Jullien yet. Jullien will get up to speed eventually, more worrying is how we miss Brown when he's out. Yet Tuesday showed emphatically that Brown can't play two games a week anymore (and certainly not 3 weeks in a row).

That at least is a squad issue that has to be addressed before the window shuts.

5. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Celtic fans are some of the worst in the whole world for turning on the team and the manager when it doesn’t go all our way. I’m guilty of it myself at times. Folk look at Real Madrid fans booing Marcelo and bale and slag them, a good number of our fans are wanting a manager who has lost a total of 2 games since February sacked and we’re only half way through August!

I don’t know if it’s a combination of modern football and our recent success or whatever, but it’s embarrassing

6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

How did that stop us being knocked out by Dunfermline?

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The squad will be strengthened, but it was absolutely the way we were setup that cost us on Wed and almost cost us today..

We are crying out for a DM, but don’t need one to be beat Dunfermline..

Keano88 and stubhoy07 like this.
  8. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    We just need to get behind the manager at this point. Still 2 weeks of a transfer window and hypothetically 25 million to spend, we’ll not even be thinking about this result come November when we’ve won the cup

9. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Everything seemed very rosey After the Early champions league qualifiers and the opening league Games. Was getting a lot of praise for his handling of ntcham and Griffiths did not hear one fan calling for his head. This problem lies firmly on the doorstep of the board imo and Quite clearly the anger is getting flung at Lennon quite simply because he is the manger at the moment.
    I expected a reaction from the players today after midweeks defeat that was certainly missing
    I have to question his tactics though aswell as his selection of players and rightly so that has to be questioned. Do I believe Lennon is capable of winning the league? Yes I do and I don’t doubt he won’t achieve that he’ll deliver 9 only thing that can stop him doing so is if Lawwell is Handed the Abilty to bring in a new manager which I don’t think he deserves. I could not give a Toss about the treble as much as it’s good to one we have just came off the back of winning it three years in a row that can’t go on for ever the odds of that happening are stacked against you and it’s almost as if our fan base expects us to win the treble every year.
    Winning the league is our bread & butter and progressing in to the Group stages unfortunately that vision does not seem to be matched by the board.

10. Pogues

You no at the alloa game or half the home league games under Rodgers in his last year and a half.

StPauli1916 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  11. oh bhoy

But for The cross that ended up in the back of the net it would have been 0-1

12. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Dunfermline keeper made a couple of good saves, we hit the post and had a legitimate penalty turned down by Uber Hun beaton.

That game should have been out of sight.

Performances like that happen regularly in cup competitions the world over against lower league opposition.

Not happy but not losing my * either.

Improvement needed and I'm sure we will get it.

Mince.Charming and JC Anton like this.
  13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    In fairness a good number of our fans didnt want him here to begin with. I think that has to be factored in to some peoples thoughts following the result mid week.

Leone Naka Fan and Orsenfelt like this.
  14. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Lenny is fecking about with tactics and formations that the players do not understand. We could have easily played a 442 today with the players we had our there. But no, he overthought it, tried to be billy big baws, look what I can do. 2 games on the trot his tactics, formation and player selection has been baffling. If he doesnt get a grip we could be out the Europa and behind the Huns 6 points . Aik, Hearts then the Huns. He has already cost us a big game but failed to take responsibility. Next 3 games are bigger still in the context of things

15. oh bhoy

There was nothing as brutal as that

16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    On Wednesday, I agree with you.

I shouldn't really comment on today (but I really wanted to :giggle1:), because the house's wifi is down, so I couldn't stream and was having to use my data to follow the text updates on the BBC website. I had the impression following the game on there that we were missing Brown's drive; but it was a bit cheeky/dishonest of me to post that opinon as if I had seen the game. I'll have to accept your analysis.

JC Anton likes this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

A lot can happen in 7 days.

Such as costing us Champions League football by playing your best midfielder at left back and not playing £10m worth of defenders.

He was never the right man for the job to begin with. Now more people are actually realising that.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

Erm......what? :97:

Keano88 likes this.
  19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Recent success , Fans expect us to win the Treble each and every year quite Laughable. 10iar is the goal not lifting trebles every year

20. Mince.Charming

It's poisonous tbh. People are * sheep.
    People saying during the week, He talks more * than the rat etc.
    Not taking into consideration that he's being shafted by our recruitment and our scouting network more than anyone.
    He's obviously wanting to get quality players in and is being let down.
    People actually think he's the * scout, the negotiator and puts the bids in for players.