1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Would have been better with bin la....
    Better not lol.

DoTheBroony and tarboltontim like this.
  2. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Why didn't he just play the same side that got a 1-1 draw in Romania and performed very well in the other 6 matches?

Why did he decide to play our best midfielder at left back?

It was a bullshit power play move by Lennon trying to send a message to the board "youve just sold our No.1 left back, I need another one for Slavia because Boli aint good enough".

Boli is *. But he was good enough to start that 2nd leg against Cluj and McGregor was needed in Midfield.

3. Keano88

Criticism is warranted when you play our best midfielder at LB and concede 4 goals at Celtic Park to a team the calibre of Cluj.

See in Europe when your team are 2-1 and then 3-2 up with less than 20 minutes to go I expect our manager to make a change to tighten things up - he didn’t.

He isn’t solely to blame as he can’t account for Brown’s stupidity or Bain’s weak wrists but he did play a massive part in that embarrassing result.

blizzard bhoy and paulo123 like this.
  4. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Say we go out against AIK and lose at Castle Greyskull, what next?

It will be this furore amplified substantially and it’s already palpable.

Even with the recent domestic success, fans deep down know the position of strength we held has been waning and it’s been avoidable. So much so, there is anxiousness around achieving the dream of 10 titles.

It’s been a couple of seasons worth of infuriating transfer windows, playing roulette with CL qualification, it’s that sustained undertone at the club, the mystery of what the board are playing at that leaves a you with a gut feeling of potential failure thats masked only by our treble treble success.

There is no doubt our recent domestic success is an astounding feat, yet there’s still that knowing it’s in the past now, it’s history, yet that gut still feeling remains. That undertone, it’s been growing more and more uncomfortable, coming to the fore each season we don’t qualify for the Champions League, or when we lose in such a fashion at home, against a team we should be beating, with a manger brought in by the board straight after the high of a cup win and clean sweep over three seasons. Through to the poor games against the zombies last year. I’m sure there are far more moments like those that have been swelling the unrest.

So if things don’t go well against AIK and we lose against the huns in the next few weeks. Given all I’ve read on here, heard from fans in the pub or at work, I simply can’t fathom the reaction.

Boos, banners, protests and boycotts. Will that be the culmination of everything that’s transpired or is this just a mass over reaction and we should just ‘keep the faith’.

LloydsGamble likes this.
  5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    He goes out of europe and loses to the huns and he'll be on very thin ice imo, does the opposite and the fans will be behind him again, an absolutely massive month ahead.

6. Pogues

In no way I'm I saying that lennon doesn't deserve some of the blame, but have you read some of the * on this thread.

We were battering that team second half, all over them until brown gifted them the penalty. How can you legislate for that.

Keeper then can't push a ball round the post and gifts them another goal, again how can you blame lennon for that.

I'm as shocked as anyone by the score last night but there seems to be an anti lennon faction that can't wait to give him it tight.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Massive few weeks in that regards, along with the window shutting.

Wasn't my choice to have him as manager again, but want to be behind him and overall he made a good start, the football is decent again. However the signs are showing that the backline is no better - if not worse - than last season and we have a massive amount of work to do.

If he flops us out of Europe and loses that first Hun game, for me he has to walk. It's harsh, but you can't drop out of Europe like this and drop behind the Huns so soon when we are in a historic season, fix it before it would be too late.

Equally if that happens, and he hasn't been backed in the next two weeks, lawwell and this board need to get to * as well.

This is all too far now and they've got warnings and signs to fix this, with plenty of time to do so.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

blizzard bhoy and HTG like this.
  8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Jimmy McGrory was one of the greatest Celtic players ever and not so brilliant a manger. Jimmy didnt need the money because he was married into one of the richest families in the U.K. and lived in a massive house with all the add on’s, phone and all in the very early days. Jimmy never exceeded as manager as in the many trophies he won and his legacy is the 7-1 and Hampden in the sun. His problem was one man, Sir Bob Kelly who targeted the transfers and picked the team. Also well known for going into the dressing room an hour before kick off to give McGrory the team sheet and tactics. Jimmy was only glad to be employed by his team Celtic and it continued until 1965. Jock Stein was employed and told Bob Kelly where to go with his team selection.

Lilac Wine and blizzard bhoy like this.
  9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Your reading of it is spot on but at the end of the day it was still the same outcome. Only with Rodgers side we were massively deflated because of lack of effort.:50:

10. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    just a total * show overall tbh and a * soul destroying night.

11. Pogues

We'll never know if playing calmac in midfield and boli left back would have made a massive difference, I thought ntcham had a decent game. Browns club captain and big influence so not sure if taking him off would have helped.

Your right, we could have tightened things up, slowed the game down and held out to a one goal win but that's easy said in hindsight.

12. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing

McGregor was needed in midfield, Ntcham was in form, Christie undroppable. That meant only one thing, drop the captain who had played every game and was clearly struggling. But no Celtic manager has the balls to do it....

13. Pogues

I get you mate and share the pain. Just don't like the ott stuff with lennon.

14. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    The Cal Mac decision is the one major factor that caused what happened last night, this resulted in the complete defence losing any sense of what they should be doing, Ajer ( for one ) who has been a stalwart for us was totally lost as to where he should be. Up front we couldn't for ask any more but the players at the back completely blew away all of their good efforts including our seasoned captain who opened the door for the opposition to get back into the game, and at a time when they were down and out. To be in front on two occasions and not having the savvy to put up the shutters and see the game out is another instance of a serious managerial * up, sickened.

blizzard bhoy and Pogues like this.
  15. Darnok

Castle Greyskull is where the good guys live.

Murph-E and Marty McFly like this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Stubbs jumping on the did Lennon sign the defenders bandwagon now

17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I think people are just making excuses for him now tbh, we're not going to pluck out 7 million on a CB the manager didn't want.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  18. Cringer67

Skeletor disagrees

19. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I honestly can’t believe how * fast the hair in my nose grows these days......

20. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    At least Bin Laden knew how to defend his home turf from foreign invaders :fear:

paulo123 and Blochairnbhoy like this.