1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    So what do you suggest? Bin Lennon now?

2. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Athens was * but last night we went into a home game with an away goal advantage and were ahead twice and yet we shipped 4 goals to a * Romanian team full of guys over 30.

For perspective other than last night only PSG and partizan belgrade have ever scored 4 against us at home in a european game it was an absolute disaster of a performance up there with our worst ever results imo.

3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Maybe Rodgers never got the players he was after and the crap he did get were PL picks.
    I am also thinking there's a lot more to How Rodgers left us.
    See he's sanctioned a loan deal for one of his players to the Huns...could be striking an iron here with Lawwell.

packybhoy likes this.
  4. MattD

Of course Lennon’s going to be a yes man.

This job is well above him and he knows he’ll never get another job like it in football. A mere puppet, with * tactics.

5. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I’ve got behind the manager, he wasn’t my first choice but I got behind him.

After last nights horrendous set up and the way he has come out in his press conference makes me think he is not the right man to take us forward.

Again it’s not just last nights press conference to be fair he has backtracked before that and alarm bells should have been ringing then.

I will get behind the team, the manager well time will tell.

Edit - just to add, are you happy with last night? Or does the league start make last night pointless?

6. ddub11

If lenny * up it should be criticised ,the same way he get praise when we do well. He dont mean people dont back him.

7. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    That’s never going to happen, people will be * off and say things but at the end of the day he has * this big time after last night and I think a good section of the support has lost confidence in him.

It was a massive * up.

I think time will tell and see what position we are in at the 3/4 September.

I’m not saying get rig then but we will have a better idea what shape we are in then.

packybhoy likes this.
  8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Did you read the post I was replying to ?

9. ddub11

Im talking in general.

10. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    In that case quoting me makes no sense.

11. ddub11

To be fair your rite,i did quote you but i was speaking in general terms....my mistake ....sorry pal iv one eye on the match on the box.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Rodgers literally told us as much.

Some folk want to cloud the reality with their Rodgers vendetta (and so be it if you are still angry with him). But let’s not cloud judgement or rewrite history. Rodgers was rightly very * off at this time last year. He got to spend very little and was victim to the Lawwell penny pinching over John McGinn. Hence the “Terminado” comment in August. That was followed by the Green Brigade banner, “If you don’t back him, you’ll lose him”.

Even in one of his last interviews against Valencia he was talking about our transfer budget and how it was like that of a basement bottom Championship team. He was dropping hints throughout the whole season.

The Shved transfer? Who’s idea was that? I can remember the interview at the end of January where Rodgers was laughing and saying he had never even seen Shved play. He was constantly dropping these hints about Lawwell.

Ultimately, from my perspective, the relationship between Lawwell and Rodgers became so strained that it was untenable. Not too dissimilar to Lennon’s first stint at us.

bhoy81, Lilac Wine, Frasbo and 3 others like this.
  13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Heard him say a few times now, ‘disappointed about how we approached the game.’ Surely that’s your job Lenny?

More like how we started the game..

14. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Bin Lennon? Sounds like a terrorist.
    Just saying.

Lilac Wine, packybhoy and paulo123 like this.
  15. joemc

Great post and tbh at the time I thought he was just being a * cauz he was * at the recruitment,although I'm still * at him and wot he done I believe the club was right to take control of player recruitment away when they realised he was going ,wot I dont like is interfering in the managers squad and recruitment while they are committed to the club ,how can you sack a manager if the team he is given is chosen by you ,its crazy ,I really feel we are trying to move away from lawell having that influence in team matters ,finally lenny has to shoulder blame for last night as well ,surprised at how open he had us playing which suggests he expected us to have no problem beating them .

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Well put.

The Athens tie was horrible but they were a far better side than Cluj.

Also, we went into the Athens games with a half fit Eddy (think he missed the first leg?) and Boyata refusing to play. This time round we had a fit and firing Eddy, Griffiths, Christie and Forrest. £10m worth of defenders on the bench for some fecking reason.

No mistake, this time round it was far less excusable.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  17. Pogues

It was a massive * up by two experienced players that cost us the game last night. Criticism of Lennon is way over the top on this thread, some folk need to get a grip.

18. Darnok

You need to get a grip.

Jeremie Frimpong and paulo123 like this.
  19. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Edouard played the first leg but missed the 2nd, Dembele was injured for the 1st but we brought him and Sinclair on at the end of the 2nd when we were chasing the game.

It was also after the 1st game that Rodgers started making digs at the board and the Mcginn thing was happening, because I remember we'd been playing well and Dembele and Edouard looked great everything seemed rosy then after the first game the whole mood around the club changed.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  20. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Sorry mate but cmon it was more lennys fault than brown or bain,he was so feckin naive its unreal.

Played boli away from home managed a 1 each,doesnt play him when we have home advantage because he was getting a bit of stick.

Played calmac out of position.

After we took the lead still had us running about like headless chickens.

We all saw brown was a passanger the full game but he didnt sub him till it was too late.

Morgan on before actual game changers the list goes on,im not having a dig so please dont think that but that was * ametuer hour last night.