1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What is actually going on and why do we accept it?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Martybhoy87, Aug 14, 2019.

Discuss What is actually going on and why do we accept it? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Martybhoy87

Another year same old *!

A cheap option manager appointed at the end of last season was a a kick in the teeth I think we all knew was coming but when I heard it I didn’t have any hope in making the groups.

lack of investment in players good enough to see us through the qualifiers AGAIN! We have spent £10m on defenders that are either not good enough or we’re notbready to play. We have an aging CDM who don’t get me wrong has been a great servant but was showing signs of being past it for a few years, a RB position needing addressed for at least 2 years again * all done!

We have known our star LB, who has been going since the start of the window and spent what looks to be a waste of £3m. Whoever scouted Bolingoli should be sacked.

We have a manager who comes out and says he’s Looking for 5 players on an interview and clearly gets a talking to from that * upstairs, comes out the next interview and says what he says has been taken out of context.......again another kick in the teeth to supporters while thinking the zip up the back.

We have now been knocked out the Champions League while supporters, pundits, legends of the game have said it’s a joke Celtic and Ajax need to go through qualifiers. Is that true if we were good enough to be in the competition we wouldn’t be put out of absolute dross year in year out.

Rangers no matter what you say were much better last year and I think they have strentghened again this year. Thes no way Rangers have closed the gap that’s all been down to Lawwell by weakening our squad year on year.

When is enough, enough? When do we go to the stadium and protest? Do we go to the stadium and protest? When do we get answers on why season upon season money is wasted on mediocre players? When does the penny drop for the other half of supporters that we are being taken for * idiots year after year by that * clown running the club?

There’s no wonder we can’t seem to get decent players in the door, they must look at us and think what the * is going on behind the scenes there?

I’ll most likely get mixed reactions for this post and In my opinion it is the reason that the people at the top have got away with the * they have pulled over past few years.

It’ll soon be back to days of that banner covering the upper section of the Lisbon lion upper.

2. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Due to my location I am unable to assist but I think it is the moment to go and show the fans mean business and won't accept the same bullshit every year. I really encourage you guys to drop few games, refrain from buying anything Celtic related for a while and do at least one protest outside the stadium and those who attend games - banners with appropriate message.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Should really get one big mega thread after a loss.

:56:

4. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Mate from back home told me there is going to be a Demo at Hearts game? Is it a rumour or has anyone heard anything?

MickeyyMack likes this.
  5. Maximilian88

This is yet another season with the same story, it is clear Lawell is content with accumulating his pot of gold at the expense of the team.

This defeat is even more infuriating than others as a multitude of factors has contributed. Lennon's pure naivety with playing CalMac LB, £10m on the bench, and his love affair with Morgan. Individual errors from Bain, Brown, CalMac, and Elhamed, combined with the utter incompetence of the board leaves me extremely worried about where the club is heading.

Although I would urge fans to wait and see what the next few games hold, I think Europa playoff and Rangers will tell us where we are for sure. If we failed at qualifying and lose Derby, then now is the time to panic.

6. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

It’s very difficult to take considering how emotionally invested we are in to the club, when the people behind the scenes just see the entire thing as no more than a job.

Quite heartbreaking really. When you’re a wee guy you think everybody is in it together, pulling in the same direction and looking for continuous progress.

As you get older you realise that the board have been fleecing the fans for years and don’t give a * about developing the club, and every one the players would leave tomorrow if the offer was right. Depressing stuff.

7. Martybhoy87

The reason for the post isn’t because we lost it’s because the utter pish that we are hit with every year.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  8. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Peter Lawwell makes Dave King look like a silly wee boy when it comes to business strategies. However, not to give that * any sort of compliments, he will literally do anything to stop us winning the 10. He's passionate about them and they are spending money again, most of which they don't have. We * have money. We are just so unwilling to spend it. Dave King would have killed us off a long time ago had the roles been reversed.

johnboy19 likes this.
  9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye but it’s always the same after a loss.

Thread after thread with the same reaction.

Marie and StPauli1916 like this.
  10. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    • Ignoring rules regarding images in Celtic Chat
    Neenaw... thread police :39:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    NakamuraTastic and MickeyyMack like this.
  11. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Disco lights.

Maximilian88 likes this.
  12. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    No point buying any of these players if we aren't gonna use them. More management of the playing squad is needed. Did we really need brown playing all those minutes

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

RI Bhoy likes this.
  13. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    If anything I don’t think the protests should be aimed at the players yes some of them where not up to it last night I agree , Bit the core of that squad have the same ambition as us and that is champions league football there faces last night at the final whistle said a thousand words.
    This has to be completely aimed at the board and the charlatans pulling the strings it’s clear to see there ambitions do not match ours. They are setting out year on year now with the hope of being in the Europa league after Christmas 4home ties guaranteed Ticket money etc) and the sell on of a developed player for £20m or close to that figure be it above or below, to sacrifice UEFA champions league football to run with that format is absolutely sickening and I’m glad I’ve took notice regrettably after a bad defeat. In my eyes it’s now clear that this is the way the club is being run at the top they do not have the same ambitions as us and the champions league boat sailed long ago For Lawwell Etc to come out in the rags to state we should not have to compete in Qualifiers is adding To the embarrassment when frankly to fail to invest to reach such Heights. They only had to look to last season to learn from previous mistakes not exactly hard, the buck stops Now and they have serious questions that need answered surely Now Fans eyes are opened and they can see the way whinge are being run, Take a stand against them as it’s clear they do not have the ambition as us and the core of that squad.
    Yes you can look at individual performances the manager etc but in the long run it benefits to go for the board as it’s them who have set out with this format and the direction we are going as a club, our credibility and name is being Damaged in Europe and it’s embarrassing, the buck stops now and I Hope fans stand up and be counted and Let this Board know they can’t get away with the damage they have done to our club don’t let domestic success blind you from the mismanagement from the very top.

Boruc17 likes this.
  14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

going by the tightness we regularly see from lawell and co im starting to think brown gets his 40k a week wether we play him or not and for that reason the clubs hierarchy says he must play :56:

15. dmccourt95

I’ve no bought any merch this summer and Saturday and next Thursday can get *. I’d suggest anyone else not on the HCTS do the same

16. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Those who buy season books early and expect Celtic to buy and strengthen the squad should just ask the club to send lubricant along with the season books

It will make getting shafted every year a little less painful.

RiquelmeCSC and MickeyyMack like this.
  17. Frasbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you sound like one of these folk who think boycotting primark will stop world poverty, naw it just means the wee guy making your primark doesnt have a job anymore.

il be staying on the HCTS thank you very much. HH

18. truedub1916

I’ve made this point on here a few times.
    Someone with very good connections explained to me the thought process with the board

The first thing to remember, unfortunately for us the board are business men, not fans

We have the financial clout to go out and become a strong team guarantee winning the league and do ‘ok’ in the champions league

So they have 2 options
    1 - spend, see how strong we can be. Guarantee domestic dominance

2 - save all the £. Ensure the SPL remains competitive by not pulling away from rangers
    This guarantees
    1 all the money stays in the pot, big bonuses
    2 fans get caught up in the Celtic rangers rivalry keeping interest, tickets etc
    3 tv stay interested
    Etc etc

Unfortunately as horrific as it sounds we will NOT strengthen to a position of on field dominance
    Any investment will be
    Ground, hotel, training pitches etc. All material investment whist ensuing we do not pull away from rangers on the pitch

Boruc17 likes this.
  19. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Blue mob look much stronger this year while we seem to have the Mike Ashley of Scottish football. Gonna be tough this season.

20. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest

Aye sounds about right... and who will be buying rooms in the hotel? That’s right the fans. They see us as pound signs.

Was actually thinking today why the board give the green brigade a hard time. They’re a collective voice that’s most likely to make their feelings known to the board. No doubt they’ll get banned if they protest against them.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    blizzard bhoy and truedub1916 like this.