1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Europa League

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by DJ CJ, Aug 13, 2019.

Discuss The Europa League in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    AIK, looking at their players, is a far better team then Cluj.

Jeremie Frimpong and Murph-E like this.
  2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I like the Europa League and I dare say everyone else will also come round to it eventually. Truth is there's teams in it that are far better than we are currently.

But it's far too early after last night - scunnered.

Keano88 and Lilac Wine like this.
  3. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Europa is probably more enjoyable from a spectators point of view but with our current squad I have no faith that we can even make our mark in that competition. That's if we can get by AIK, which isn't guaranteed with that back 5.

4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Best we can hope for if we really want to move on is an oil oligarch or Arab to take over and pump funds in we have available because to them profit isn't the be all and end all other wise just now its domestic dominenece and that's not enough to keep our best players so we are stuck in a cycle

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

5. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe we could get the Chelsea owner to buy players for us and sell them back to Chelsea on the cheap when their signing an is over

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Could simply come down to who AIK have in charge. If he’s tactically astute then they have an advantage over hs straight away.

7. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Are you really going to say that after the state of last nights performance? Cluj is a a team we should be beating 7 days out of 7, Athens are a team we should be beating 7 days out of 7. Now we have a team full of players low on confidence (probably a few foreigners looking to leave) that have 8 days to get their * together or there will be no more European games played at Celtic Park for a long time.

You're spot on, do the bare minimum in Europe, rely on a bit of luck, get to the last 32, sell 30 pound tickets to watch Oliver Burke (not even our player) struggle to control a ball, get knocked out, sell our best players, buy bang average players to replace them, rinse and repeat. Yet Lawell will be happy with the profit margins that it brings, * all value to the fans, the sooner we have a club owner that is ambitious and can have a good relationship with the manager the better for us supporters. Also * FIFA and their financial fair play bullshit.

8. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    if the can defend they have an advantage over us straight away

Artorias likes this.
  9. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I hope we dont draw AIK.

Will be extremely much violence as their fans is on a whole different level when it comes to problems with hooligans.

Even though i live here in Sweden and travel around Europe to see the Bhoys play, i would recommend not going to this game.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

10. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    I can’t see them * it up against that Moldovan mob tbh. Would you say AIK’s fans are worse than Ajax’s?

11. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Much much much worse

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If there left back can control, or even pass, or even get to start a game they have an advantage over us.

13. oh bhoy

An empty stadium in the qualifier would send the right message to the penny pinching *

14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    It really won't. They have sold the season tickets, they've sold the prized asset, they've made their money from the Celtic Festival and the merchandise. They don't give a * what we say or do and that's the bigger issue here. We are a self sufficient club and the fans should own the club, not that * stupid tache * and his wee cronies

Lilac Wine likes this.
  15. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    It's our level now we're not a CL club anymore when we can't even make the play off rounds, we have to be in this or we're just going to get even worse going forward.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    The morning after, still not interested in this competition. Hope we get papped out and Lennon gets papped out anaw.

17. Sebelon

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Come on Skelletto! Its not that bad. It sounds like you are talking about a war zone. I have been there with IFK which was fine. Just some common sense and not looking for a fight will get you safe. Can’t really see that AIK hooligans would target Celtic fans, apart from people who actually want to fight. I think overall AIK fans are considering it as a fantastic game and will focus on getting much fans and an electric atmosphere. Beating Celtic for them and qualifying for Europe would be fantastic achievements.

18. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think the sentiment is we're now not feeling like a CL team anymore and accepting the EL as our new level is a slippery slope to anonymity? Of course right not is not the best time for a positive outlook. It feels quite serious, we're getting knocked out too easily, Ronny's era felt like it was him being a rookie but with Rodgers and now Lenny, it's hard to feel optimistic about us being stronger next year.

19. Mr Diggler

We have a difficult tie to even make it and after last night who can really say what will happen? I like the Europa League. We had some decent nights last year.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Looking at our players we are better than both. It’s not all about the players in your squad though.