1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the most likely outcome?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jax Teller, Aug 14, 2019.

Discuss What is the most likely outcome? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I’ve said before those * in charge are quite happy to have that mob back challenging, they would happily swap titles every other year to keep their * TV deals and look the other way as in the huns financial mess. Maybe they enjoy their slap up meal at ibrokes listening to the monkeys poison, we are ran by chancers and shitebags.

clonbhoy likes this.
  2. freitassen

In short, they use the fans as hostages.

They are very happy to exploit the emotional aspect of football, to use what the fans conquered for their benefit (international reputation, FIFA "best fans of the world" prize, etc), but when it comes to not selling our best player for peanuts football becomes only a business again.

A bunch of leeches and cowards. We wouldnt get someone less interested in the success of the team even if the board was McCoist, Nacho Novo and Kenny Miller

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

If we sell another big player this window, we won’t win the league.

We’ll make one or two cheap signings, like a Greg Taylor. And maybe one loan signing from City or PSG.

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This isnt anything new with the board, they have * up consistently since 2009!

This isn't a knee * reaction this is years of accumulated bullshit from the CEO and the board of Celtic Football Club.

2009 - In the January we are 2-0 up at home to Dundee Utd to go 9 points clear and we get pegged back to 2-2 and its 7 point lead. Gordon Strachan can see big Jan and McDonald need help he asks Lawwell to get him Stephen Fletcher for £2.8m. Lawwell wont sanction the deal because he will only go to £2m and know Strachan is away that summer. We go on to lose the league on the final game of the season - handing Rangers free shot at the UCL groups the next season which allows them to limp on another 2 titles and 3 years

2009 - Summer - Owen Coyle is taking the Celtic job and lawwell tells him budget is £12m for 3 seasons - Coyle thinks twice thinking the £12m was for that summer already knowing Big Jan, Hartley and Nakamura are all away. He declines job and we end up with Mowbray - we get Fortune for and Danny Fox (who lasts 3 months) for £5m, N'Guemo on loan and Zheng Zhi on a free he sells Donati to cover part of the Fox fee. Then as the league slips away Desmond steps in and sanctions signings of Keane, Kamara and Braafheid on loan but in the same window we sell Robson, Flood, Killen, Caldwell and McDonald for almost £5.5m - get pumped 4-0 Mowbray sacked March 2010

2010 - Lennon gets the gig full time for the first time; first thing he is told there is no money for players he must sell McGeady and Boruc to fund any signings - team plays well we go onto somehow * up the league at inverness losing 3-2 and give the huns their 3rd title in a row.

2011 - 2014 - * get a free ride at everything we make the UCL groups twice and last 16 once, we win titles and a few Scottish cups - you can start to see cracks with Thompson leaving and Mjallby from the management team.

May 2014 - Lennon sits down with the board and is told he must sell Forster or Van Dijk to fund summer recruitment - lennon says no and leaves.

June 2014 - Ronny Deila is appointed Celtic Manager we later find out he was earmarked to become lenny number 2 in the summer. Roy Keane is favourite for the job but after finding out the budget he declines.

July 2014 - Celtic are dumped out the CL qualifiers but due to an "admin error" we get a back door back in and get Maribor again we get *. Deila budget that summer was £5m we use £2.3m of that on Scepovic and £2.5m in the winter on Armstrong and GMS we then bring in 5 loan signings in the summer - alarm bells ring at the short sightedness we sell Forster for £10m we leave Kramaric agent locked outside celtic park and sign Scepovic who knocked us back 24 hours before - guy flops Kramaric signed for Leicester in the winter window for £9m we had agreed deal for £3m

August 2015 - Our summer business is atrocious Ciftci, Janko and Boyata are some of the singings, we get put out UCL playoff round for the 2nd year and Van Dijk goes for £13m we sign Jozo for £3m as his replacement. Celtic look clueless, limp and devoid of any ideas - banners cover the top tier of the Lisbon Lions Stand.

September 2015 - Peter Lawwell comes out and says "Celtic fans need to realise we don't have a pot of money hidden away anywhere" and Iain Bankier at the AGM attacks the Celtic fans and calls us racist for having a go a Tory Lord Livingston and his backing of Austerity measures, the contempt the show for the fans starts to become obvious.

April 2016 - Sevco play us off the park in a 2-2 draw at Hampden then beat us on pens. Their directors flick the signs and wind up the Celtic board and we react within 48 hours its announced Deila leaves at end of season.

May 2016 - at 5pm on a gloriously hot Friday May night Celtic announce Brendan Rodgers is the new manager the unveiling has 13,000 people at it, the board gets pats on the backs within 2 weeks season tickets have sold out for the first time since 2008. The board sanctions some serious signings and we go on to have the season of our dreams. At the same time the Celtic board sanction a 104% wage increase for Mr Lawwell to a basic £1.1m per season or £21k a week deal more than 90% of Celtic playing staff are on, they also sanction a LTIP bonus scheme that sees Lawwell pick up £2.3m in the December of 2018.

2016 - 2018 all is perfect in the Celtic world, 2 back to back trebles and 2 back to back UCL campaigns

Summer 2018 - The famous comment from Rodgers about "terminido" board wont match his ambitions in terms of player recruitment, he points out the board claim we are a UCL team but in the pervious two seasons Rangers have outspent Celtic (fair enough they bought dross) but we then get * out by AEK and the whole Boyata debacle, then dembele forces a move through. £19.8m in one lump sum deposited.

November 2018 - the AGM - Bankier confirms the £30m cash at bank (which is then at £37m just a few weeks later) will not be spent on the squad "its for the club as a whole and it will be staying there" is his statement.

January 2019 - the winter window recruitment reeks of short-termism loans galore within 3 weeks of window shutting Rodgers is off and Lenny comes in, celtic trouser £9m for Rodgers and his team.

March 2019 - Celtic announce to the stock exchange "financial targets for the year 2018-2019 are met already" this is before we get a penny of UEL participation cash, prize and TV money and any domestic payments due this is a clear indication we are going to post profit again.

May 2019 - celtic complete the treble treble and lenny is offered the job in the showers - Celtic trigger Scott Sinclair contract extension on the hope someone down south comes in and buys him.

June 2019 - Celtic report back for pre-season 12 players lighter and £200k a week off wage bill then the season before not 1 new player is there for the first day of pre-season - Turnbull fails medical.

July 2019 - Jullien, Bolingoli and Hamed are signed - Lennon goes on record saying "we need help" the board are ignorant to this fact but our normal spend in recent summers is gone on 3 players - we announce Nick Hammond is brought in on a short term contract for the summer - even allowing for KT possibly staying we know he isn't going to be fit until end September. Perraud says celtic where talking to him then we don't return his agents calls.

August 2019 - The boards gross negligence is laid bare for all to see Kieran Tierney is sold for £25m within a week Celtic are beaten 4-3 at home by a workman like Cluj team, our lack of forward planning is exposed, £10m worth of talent on the bench, Lewis Morgan gets in ahead of the main contributor to the treble treble Scott Sinclair cant make the match day squad and our best CM is played at Left Back again (after the shambles at Ibrox) - Lennon then comes out and basically says the Tierney money will make up for not Qualifying.

Now 80% of the above is the fault of the board, Lawwell job is to deliver success off the pitch for the investors but this has come at the neglect of the product on the pitch.

All we here is about is how well run we are and we need to live within our own limitations, our limitations are self imposed, if we spent properly and go get the players in early enough then maybe we would have stood a chance of qualification, you cant blame them for your captain punching the ball or your goalie having a nightmare but you can hold them responsible for this over a long period of time, the contempt they show for the fans is disgusting, we hear about the great support we give them, well we do it year in year out and now we have the manger basically saying we are going with what we have whilst the club in a months time will hold up a set of accounts and say look we have close to £50m in the bank and a nice big dividend for the share holders but the counter argument is whilst that's nice I would rather watch a competent team on the pitch deliver success for the club.

"there isn't a big pot of cash" there * is now Mr Lawwell and Mr Bankier we know you wont spend it and you must explain why we are hoarding the cash, its a dead duck sitting there its doing nothing to grow the team, I would rather see a confident team than some rotating screen or hotel!

Peter Lawwell, Iain Bankier and the Celtic board you are sabotaging Celtic Football Club on the field you have restricted us beyond belief, I have probably missed other * they have done involving the GB etc I said last year was it time for a "Celts for change 2" type movement and was ridiculed, I said this summer 6 weeks ago the alarm bells where ringing was told I was a negative panty wetter, I could see this coming, we all could see this coming, the board must have seen this coming everyone did nothing!

I accuse them of Gross Negligence and they should now be removed from office without Delay.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  5. Roskopicachu

We can't do the biggest deals in Europe, but we sure as * can do the biggest deals in Scotland
    and send out feeders for loan deals in England.
    If you can find someone in Ligue2 or the Eredivisie, Budesliga 2 then that's one way to downsize
    but also upgrade.
    I know Man City, Everton and Sevco were over scouting a 16 year old from Craiova. So we need to
    be hijacking the odd deal here and their as well.

6. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For
    This sums it up perfectly

Rydo1888*, clonbhoy and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  7. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Probably sign Greg Taylor and loan an 18 year old striker/winger from city that will feature in 5 games

Murph-E likes this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Can see edouard and ntcham looking towards the exit, with ntcham most likely for the off.

We will then loan in a CB from either man city or psg.

We will sign one of either Taylor or O'Donnell.

The window will close.

We will be weaker than last season.

Will be promised in some form to do our work in the January window.

We will be told how great our youth is.

We will be told how we need to balance the books.

Then, the board will hope this all works in their favour and come the end of the season we have won the league again, forgetting the disaster of the summer before.

Rinse, repeat x16

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Hear * hear!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We'll still sign a couple IMO but it will be your run of the mill Kilmarnock * types and they'll be marketed to us as Scottish internationalists as if they've done us a favour.

blizzard bhoy, Blochairnbhoy and Peej like this.
  11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Lennon said himself that his budget would be effected if we never went through.

If we can’t get the right players in for these games, what makes you think we will get the right players in to secure the league?

If they think 10 in a row is important then why didn’t they back Rodgers in the last two windows?

Why have the gambled once again this window and massively lost because of it.

It’s the same every * season with the * at the helm, nothing will change unless they are moved on, what’s it going to take for a revolt? Them winning the league?

12. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Downsize.. and the board may not be the ones driving it this time

Some players may decide that playing in this footballing backwater without CL football is not very appealing and i 100% agree with them. Unfortunately we as Celtic supporters can't just transfer.. though i'm sure we would be in high demand if it worked that way.

We have enjoyed the success & banter of the last 7 years .. i have a feeling that those days are drawing to a close. Losing CL money 2 years running is not going to help us entice players here.

Buckle in troops, things are about to get bumpy on the road ahead

Lilac Wine likes this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We've just sold 1 player for 25 mil, but still we canny get players in the door, players that we badly need for key areas of the team, it's totally unacceptable.

14. James Gold Member Gold Member

Taylor
    O'Donnell
    Maybe a keeper on loan

15. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Nail on the head! Every happy clapping * needs to read this.

It’s a shambles and they need to hang their heads in shame and leave cause if they don’t, they will end the 10.

* laughed when it was suggested that the board will sabotage the 10, it’s currently in motion, we might not even make the 9 with this gross negligence.

I really do fear for this season.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

@Blochairnbhoy it's actually been longer than 2009. You can go all the way back to when he was appointed in 2003.

The summer after we had played in the UEFA Cup Final and had a squad capable of competing in Europe our only signing was Michael Gray on loan from Sunderland. The following season we crashed out the Champions League group stages and went on to beat Barcelona before being defeated by Villareal in the UEFA Cup quarter final.

Conversely the opponents that we had taken all the way to extra time in Seville, spent £10 million that summer to bring in the likes of Benni McCarthy and Carlos Alberto. They went on to defeat Man United, Lyon, Deportivo, Marseille & Monaco on the way to winning the Champions League.

A clear contrast in trajectories.

17. clonbhoy

I can see that happening. Maybe I am just very pessimistic this morning, but it feels inevitable.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

You're certainly not alone.

I've made my feelings known about the way we're ran on here and in the pub before the game for many-a-year, my Granda has always said he thinks I'm OTT but he's called me this morning and said he'll be coming along with me to the next AGM for the first time since he got the shares when McCann sold them. The tide is turning I think.

Cheap quips about the huns won't save him from scrutiny this time.

Gyp Rosetti, clonbhoy and Lilac Wine like this.
  19. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tbh mate a struggled to sleep last night with pure anger and this morning I just had to type that out it’s a rant but they have really done it this time!

The board are omnipotent to everyone associated with our club

20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Taylor and maybe even Odonnell, if Jozo goes then McKenna.

Sevco win league for first time.

littlekennie likes this.