1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Murph-E

He has been coming across like everything is a massive burden to him all summer.

Trying to sign new players? Massive burden, market is tough, deals are painful and excruciating procedures, everything is so hard.

Champions League qualifiers? Massive burden, too many games too early in the season.

Kieran Tierney? Massive burden of a situation to deal with, negotiations being drawn out, no intention to sell, no desire to sell, but we have a contingency plan if we do. Sold. No mention of contingency plan anymore, may look at replacements possibly but it's all very difficult.

From somebody who just been given his dream job for a second time, you'd expect high energy and enthusiasm. All summer it has just felt like he's painting everything as a massive, painful slog.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

How much money have they actually saved when they gave him over £10 million for 2 new defenders for the Champions League qualifiers only for him not to play them and we lose 4 goals at home to a run of the mill skint and ageing Cluj side managed by a run of the mill journeyman manager?

The previous managers weren't afforded that luxury...

3. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    A lose to the huns on 1st september and writing is on the wall for him im afraid

Celtic-Rovers likes this.
  4. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Great post !

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Lenny was out of a job at the time so clearly he was the cheap option, the recruitment is clearly a mess and needs to be looked at, the fact that we lost the game is down to the manager, who was hired by the Board, so we have lost out on 25 mil because the Board couldn't be arsed sounding out a proper manager.

6. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Neil Lennon is a proper manager.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The lack of a proper recruitment process is a dereliction of duty, no arguments at all there. The fact they went public with that and were proud of it is embarrassing.

However, we have spent this Window. We pushed the boat out for Jullien in particular and his absence is damning for Lennon. Both in terms of the fact he is ultimately his signing and the fact he wasn't used more often in the lead up to last night to ensure he was ready.

8. Sgt Neppers*

He is, but not at the level to take us forward after BR. He will always be loved by the fans but we cannot let sentiment over rule other candidates or attributes in today's game.

Wasn't my choice either as I always believe in progression but I'll back him to the hilt since he's here.

Things in the 9 and 10 season are going to be polarised due to the fact the media is controlled by The Huns and Jabba will do anything to stop us.

A win on the 1st would help him a lot.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Why does he keep playing Morgan and why did he move CalMac to LB ?

His decisions are starting to cost us, we made a great start in the League but this is a major set-back.

10. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lennon was brought in because he wouldn't make waves. He was out of work so no fee would be required and on his part he knew nobody in England was gonna want him so Celtic was the best he could ever hope for. That makes it understandable he took the job but accepting the clubs penny-pinching and his own failure to find decent players will see him go down in the estimation of a lot of supporters if we don't win the league.

thailandceltic likes this.
  11. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Let's be honest, we're not going forward no matter who the manager is. Football has changed and we're now in the have-nots section. Unless we can bring through and develop our own players ala Ajax we're going nowhere, other than competing and hopefully winning the league, with hopefully Europa league group games.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't do better with what we have to beat a poor Romanian side, and surely even with no money we can put together a team that's defensively solid...

12. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Most people were worried about Lennon's lack of tactics before he got the gig, and last night showed why as far as I'm concerned. Was * hour and one thing Lennon in the past showed us, he won't learn from it or change it.

blizzard bhoy likes this.
  13. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He’s just a puppet for lawwell this time round. Left last time because he wasn’t getting backed but he must have felt he’d won the lottery when offered the job again, he isn’t going to do anything to upset the apple cart.

Murph-E and Officer Doofy like this.
  14. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Club seriously in danger of falling between two stools here. Medicroity to get to 10 by doing as minimal as possible. The board will actually look at last night and say "thank * we didn't spend more money". Lawlell sold Lennon's appointment as a guy who can spot a player. But in his first window of building "his team". They have bought a 3mill left back who he doesn't trust, a centre half for 7mill who seems to be getting fit for the past 6 weeks and a development player. Elhamed was obviously not near first choice and it appears we have fluked him . I don't want or expect mass buying, flooding positions with players and no one getting a game. Bayo didn't have a sniff over the past few weeks yet he is thrown on last night to try rescue the game. Got outta jail on two occasions last night but still handed back to them. Young players need to be blooded as matter of urgency. all cup comps should see connell, okoflex, welsh, dembele, Coffey, etc etc get game time. One thing I will say though, actually being at the game last night you can see why Lennon has such a love for Morgan. He was constantly tracking back and whatever he might have brought going forward on three occasions he intercepted the ball

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

15. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We will actually be doing really well to get into the Europa league at this rate. I'd have aik favourites

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

16. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wasn’t tactics that bothered me last night or even the team selection as such (although I don’t agree with McGregor being shifted out of position) but it was more just the mentality of the team and the inability to see the game out or hold on to our lead.

We played well in the second half, we created numerous chances. We scored 3 and it could have been 4 or 5 easily.

Slow start to the game and one or two poor individual errors/performances have cost us. Something I didn’t expect to see under a Lennon team tbh so it is worrying.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Needs a win at Ibrox to retain the faith I have in him, but I'm not confident we can do it.

18. DonnyCelt

Might as well pack his bags now then

Celtic-Rovers and Dublin Celt like this.
  19. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Good post, Lawell / Lennon is a side show, its the players who played the game and they failed to win as they definitely lacked the mentality and the inability to see the game out or hold on to the lead.

20. Celtic-Rovers

Not a hope we're winning at that kip.