1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

This, instead we have the same bullshit posted, by the same folk, about bonuses. Followed up by the go to answer of "spend more" and, my personal favourite, speculate to accumulate (LOL) yet we are getting put out by teams who we already * spend more than ... it's a joke.

2. KingArtur'1

Lawwell once said every penny brought in will be re-invested so im expecting to spend to the tune of £45million....dembele and tierney fees ...but we know that wont happen.

Be lucky if we spend another penny

Celtic-Rovers and Tommy25 like this.
  3. KingArtur'1

We are becoming no more than a Maribor/Cluj. Teams must rub their hands at the prospect of drawing us in europe.

We once had a formidable home record in europe now its a laughing stock

4. Jeremie Frimpong

If Lennon is to blame, Lawwell is to blame. He neglected to consider other candidates for the position. Cronyism has, and will continue to, cost us.

5. DonnyCelt

Which will ultimately cost us when we need a new manager. Whoever applied last time will surely think * that next time

6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

If you believe that the Club only wanted Lenny I don't know what to say to you.

7. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Start of last season our back starting back 4. Tierney, boyata, benkovic and lustig.

Tierney obviously valued at £25M
    Boyata at one time £9M
    Benkovic must be at least £10M worth of cb
    Lustig because of his age maybe a £1m now.

So maybe a £45M backline there. Replaced with Julien and bolingoli for £10M.

Lawell might not pick the players we are signing but he has allowed a massive downgrade on our backline to happen. No doubt about it

Celtic-Rovers likes this.
  8. Murph-E

I mean, they openly said they refused to consider anyone else. Were they just bare-faced lying to the support? How would that be acceptable, either?

JML67, Tommy25 and celticfan01 like this.
  9. Jeremie Frimpong

I wonder why I believe that: perhaps, firstly, because Lennon is the incumbent manager, and, secondly, Lawwell admitted (or claimed) that he disregarded all other potential candidates.

Apply Occam's razor.

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    This.

Said it as the CL games were coming, our two biggest outlays and he can't trust them. Says it all.

11. jambo_cfc

I think there will be a statement from someone within the club wether its lawwell or not i dont know but it will deflect from the shambles last night it will be about backing the manager 100% , being first choice , making a go in the europa league , moneys there to spend , transfer targets inflated prices and the same usual bullshit !!

Celtic-Rovers likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He's either telling the truth and he didn't do the due diligence he is handsomely remunerated to do; which is incompetence.

Or he's lying and they did speak to others who now know he is a liar for any time in future they might be considered for the job; which is contemptuous and insulting to the support and the other individuals he spoke to.

Neither scenario portrays him well.

13. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    There is no defence, ironic or what, over his reign with regards to Europe in the last 6 years. None. We're now being conditioned bit by bit to accept mediocrity and embarrassed by clubs a fraction of our size. I'm not out to hang him for everything and I mostly backed him with the snakes carry on. I knew at the time that would buy him a little time and faith but same old this summer. Personally they're one of the main reasons I gave my ST ticket years ago. Are we gonna take the same fall at domestic levels and what then. Think on that!! I think I'm out till the huns game. Sick!!

Mince.Charming likes this.
  14. Mince.Charming

We replaced boyata with Julien, Lustig with Elhamed and Tierney with Mbombo who I think was probably more likely 1.5 million.
    We have failed to strengthen in any department.

The board has * us over time and time again.
    The way the rat left took the heat off them last season, The John Mcginn situation sums them up perfectly.

We have let a shambles of a Hun side catch up with us on the pitch.
    They out played us the last two times there and I fear we could see something similar
    In a few weeks.

I fear we will only see action taking against this board if the huns win the league in the next two seasons. By that time it will be too late.

15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Their neglect is seriously costing us. We have went backwards once again.

Last night was reminiscent of ronny deilas Celtic and that's unacceptable considering where we were at just a year or so ago.

I dont even mean neglect in recent months. Throughout Rodgers tenure we haven't done enough.

We all wanted and still want the squad freshener this summer and we haven't delivered. Theres nowhere to hide now. Tierney gone...manager leaving £10m worth of signings on the bench last night. One of whom is a £7m CB. Multiple positions still left to strengthen in.

I'm lost for words honestly. Just done with it.

16. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    You're right, they were probably looking at bringing Deila back as well

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    This this and this. I woke up this morning (after taking pelters all night from my EPL supporting mates) and thought what's the * point, cant defend this * anymore. First time I have not checked the transfer rumour thread or online because I just could not be bothered. Winning 9 and 10 seriously who cares, if our ambition is just to win the Scottish League which let's be honest is utter * and keep just ahead of the huns and bragging rights of Glasgow then I'm done too. Unfortunately Peter and his cronies know that for a lot of our fans that will do.. who cares once we finish above the hun *.. it's a shambles..

An absentee owner
    A manager who is not good enough for Hibs
    No scouting system
    A CEO more interested in lights and hotels who gets millions in bonuses by fleecing his customers
    Every season we sell our best players.
    I could go on but what's the point

Only way this ends is when those dirty inbreed * across the way get their hands on the title, then we might wake up.. it's coming lads and lassies, make no mistake about it..

18. Murph-E

That's how I'm starting to feel. Something I have felt at no other point since they went bust. Limping to the title this year would make us even more complacent next year as well imo, we need to be going all out. This is the 9 & 10, and to not go all guns blazing for it is so unacceptable.

Tommy25 and thailandceltic like this.
  19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    And the sad thing is there is not a thing we can do..Too many are happy with the status quo here in Scotland.. Peter and his lot have an iron grip on us. They way things are going we will be lucky to ever see a champions league group game again.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  20. Mr Diggler

Word is Lawell and Tosh McKinley signed Boli. That is unacceptable and Lennon leaving him out last night confirms he doesn't fancy him. Julien I have no idea * is going on there although to be fair Jozo and Ajer were good towards the end of the season together so maybe Lennon wanted continuity. The biscuit tin mentality is destroying our club. Disco * lights for a few million? Ridiculous stuff like that is hurting our club- but the happy clappers carry on. Treble treble- 10iar. All great yes but Europe is our benchmark for progress. We qualified two years in a row under BR, then * it last year even before a play off and the same this year. Since the invincibles team we have lost Boyata, Lustig, KT, Armstrong, Roberts and Dembele whilst Gordon and Sinclair have gone off form. The difference is pathetic and the real optimism of that time is long gone. Even from last year we have lost our back 4 with Gordon and Sinclair out of form. Brown a year older and Rogic not fit yet. All the while millions in the bank. £20 million for Dembele. £7 million for VVD, £9 million for BR and now £25 million for KT. And last night is what you get with mismanagement and chronic caution. I am beyond livid.