1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon - we may need to move out players, before signing anyone.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Aug 8, 2019.

Discuss Lennon - we may need to move out players, before signing anyone. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. donnegal celt

He only back from injury and getting used to roughness off Scottish football. It take him few months I say to build up strength and settle in

thenewyorkcitybhoy and Tommy25 like this.
  2. CountyDownFaithful

Lennon said on a few occassions during our preseason camp that he's thrilled with Shved. He also said it will take him a few months to adjust to the new environment and culture.

Rydo1888* and Tommy25 like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Yannick Bolasie’s time at Everton could be coming to an end, as three sides compete for his signature with the Toffees looking to sell.

Celtic, Besiktas and Rennes are all chasing the 30-year-old, who has already turned down one option for a move.

Russian side CSKA Moscow had agreed a deal with Everton, but failed to reach an agreement with the player. They had proposed an initial loan deal with a £5 million ($6m) option to buy but Bolasie turned them down, not wanting to move to Russia.

Any club wanting to sign Bolasie will likely have to pay the same fee, though Everton may be hoping to instigate a bidding war between the three. The Congo international’s £80,000 ($96k) per week wages will also be a point of negotiation.

Bolasie arrived at Goodison Park to some fanfare at the beginning of the 2016-17 season, but his time on Merseyside has been hampered by injuries.

After impressing with his trickery and eye for goal at former club Crystal Palace, much was expected at Everton but he ruptured his cruciate ligament after less than four months at the club. The injury eventually kept him out of action for just over a year.

He went on to make a total of 32 appearances for Everton, scoring twice. He spent the first half of last season on loan in the Championship with Aston Villa, but left before the upturn of form which eventually saw them promoted through the play-offs.

Immediately sent back out on loan, he finished the campaign at Anderlecht, notching six goals in 17 games in all competitions.

Having initially signed Bolasie for a reported £25 million ($33m), Everton are set to make a substantial loss on a player who will leave the club with a sense of regret

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/bol...lubs-competing-for/1k15x5d58iv1s1evb452vjdfia

4. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Can't see this at all. We won't pay 5m for 30 year old.

Even a loan they would be looking most of the wages covered

Westlondonscot and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  5. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    As much as I rate Bollasie we could get just as good for the same fee, lower wages and an age where we could sell on. Name just rumoured as Everton want shift and want higher bids.

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    His wages would be an issue, to the point I'd expect it to be a non-starter.

Artorias and Tommy25 like this.
  7. themouth1888

Not holding out hope anymore with Celtic.

Lennon's contingency plan for Tierney was obviously nonsense.

8. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Wages like that rule him out.

9. Murph-E

"Yes, there is a contingency plan in place" before he leaves.

"We'll maybe look at a couple of positions, though we need to get rid of a few" after he leaves.

Needless comments.

Artorias likes this.
  10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Won't happen.

Far too many in our support are too forgiving to them.

Every * window is the same for the past 16 years now, every time we are underwhelmed and short changed.

Top of my head I think we have only net spent twice in the last 10 years or so, we constantly take money in and don't properly back the squad, hoping for budget players turning decent or getting lucky with a dembele deal. Finally all else fails we've utilised a connection with city or psg in the last 6 years.

It's pathetic.

We got told we only budget for the Europa League, then we got told we budget for the champions League 3 out of 5 seasons. We missed the cl last year, having been in it the two years previous, we banked 20mill for dembele, 7.5 for Armstrong and brought in 7.5 earlier that year for vvd sale to Liverpool. 34-35 million was brought in last season, more than covering the difference between champions League and Europa. We then brought in 9mill for the management team turning on us, and have since cut the wage budget by more than 150k a week, also bringing in 25mill from Tierney now. That's another 34million, we could bomb out of Europe completely this week and we still have the financial side of it covered. And that's before we factor in that we have over 30mill in the bank (after running costs for anyone who likes to claim we need that for wages etc).

At this point, financially there is absolutely zero reason we don't go on to spend what can be made from at least the Europa League (15-20mill) if not the 30+ champ league money we can achieve.

We are desperate for a decent keeper, a quality left back and right back and another centre back. As a minimum that's needed to make this squad whole. A new winger, cm and striker would be nice. But not desperate for.

And yet here we are being told we need players to leave before we bring more in? Is that financially reasons? Better not be! Is it because the squad is bloated? Can't be, just shipped over 10 players out and only have one left back and no recognised right back of worth.

Shocking that things are any further forward at this point in time.
    Julien being brought in early doors was nice, after that it's all been mediocre and hope for the best signings. Who scouted boli needs questioned and why a CB come RB at the age of 28 from Israel is signed is beyond me.

Have we actually managed to confirm that no right back in any of the top leagues in the 30+ leagues in Europe are available or wanting to come here that we've settled for a CB as our RB? (No offence to the guy he does look decent).

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

11. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I have to admit I have been one of these people, up until now. There is so much to be positive about right now but I just can’t shake the feeling we’re playing Russian Roulette a wee bit with our transfers.

I just don’t get why NL feels the need to come out with all these ‘we’re signing x amount of players by the next CL round’ statements when they’ve consistently proven themselves to be bull - surely it’d be better to just not say anything at all? All this back and forth is far from filling me with confidence that we’ll get the players in that we undoubtedly need.

12. Solidsnake

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    i really worry for the ten in a row. i think we have enough in the squad already but then i remember a fat * takin joshuas belts. we we
    * excellent post, agreed with every word my man.

its * shambolic

Paully1888 likes this.
  13. Broonybhoy90

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson ,nakamura,Scott sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    hard to disagree we have needed to splash the cash for atleast 3 seasons now there needs to be dosh spent especially now KT has gone we deserve to be rewarded for the patience we've shown for over a decade

Crilly and Tommy25 like this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The board are smart and coy about it as well, last year it was edouard for big money, then nothing.
    Year before was ntcham for 4millon, then not much else. Sinclair the year before.
    This year Julien.

We seem to do enough early to keep the happy clappers clapping and something to point to when questioned on spending money, but on the whole we ought to be spending twice what we have been the past few years and cutting out the project/hope for a gem attempts and just cement an establish/competent player.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Broonybhoy90 and Tommy25 like this.
  15. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Aye ! the money washing about English football is mental .

16. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Highly optimistic. But waiting for the window to close in england and see big clubs set there stall out for the year in terms of what players they are playing and more importantly what players they aren't playing will give us opportunity to pick up some very good players for possibly very good value

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

17. Cupid Stunt

The whole idea that players would need to be moved on before signings are made is honestly a farce.

How the * do Celtic get away with it year after year?

Should we fail to qualify for Europe and the league is close come Feb/March we will only have ourselves to blame.

We're in a position where we've just sold one player for more than our closest rivals clubs are * worth and we're fannying about. I don't get it.

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

12 have left since the last day of last season.

Aye there’s a couple more could go that aren’t good enough but the squad is definitely not bloated now, it’s manageable and actually needs reinforced for a challenge on 4 fronts.

19. Cupid Stunt

I remember Rodgers came in all guns blazing, saying he was gonna cut the squad right down and I think he quickly realised the 23 ish man squad he was planning for would never be sustainable over the course of a season for us.

I mean, even with a fairly bloated squad we went in to some massive games with no recognised striker through injuries.

Honestly, what the * is going on here? Lennon must be well aware of what is needed as he has been through it all before ffs.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The snake spoke about trimming the squad that was massively bloated and making the rest up with youngsters..

He increased the squad to bursting point..

Lenny is just in but in terms of getting rid of deadwood....it's been our best in year's..

Compper
    Mulumbu
    Allan
    Gamboa
    Izzy
    De Vries

Then Lustig and Boyata off..

That's 6 of 8 who were barely ever ever in a match day squad!.

I understand some of those were out of contract but still a lot more deadwood gone that we haven't been able to shift for a number of window's..

Likes of Hendry and Kouassi will be away as well on loan at least..

Time to add an injection of in 2or 3 positions now..

Hammy89 likes this.