1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lennon - we may need to move out players, before signing anyone.

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by The Thumb, Aug 8, 2019.

Discuss Lennon - we may need to move out players, before signing anyone. in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I used to think the snake talked a load of cack but Lenny seems to be trying to break records for mixed signals in a single window.

We need to strengthen/ but not too much, weve a good core/ money will be spent, no probs/ oh but were not gonna go nuts/ we're gonna bring in two before the next qualifiers/ ok maybe after the next, next qualifiers/we need a right back/ we're working hard behind the scenes/ nah nothings happening/we now dont need a right back cuz elhamed is right back/ ok we need a right back again/ we dont need to sell KT/ we sold KT/ im gonna bring in 5 players/ im gonna bring in 2 players/ ok three players/ im standing waiting on the kt money/ were not gonna spend all the kt money/ we're looking at england/ but looking elswhere too/ we're gonna bring in two before the next qualifiers/ weve done well developing and selling our best players/ we dont want to sell our best players.... and on and on and * on.

Either Lenny has lost his * marbles or (the more probable situation) he's getting dicked about by Lawwell and co and is receiving text updates on a boardroom whatsapp group.

The situation is utterly intolerable and somebody needs a kick in the * for this.

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Lennys comments are bizarre as fk.

Only problem is its his head on the line.

3. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

13 players out and we still have to “trim” the squad ??? * . That must already be a fortune of the wage bill , I think we’ll be lucky to get a couple more in , hope I’m wrong .

4. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Watch the press conference and Lenny clearly states "THE SQUAD IS TOO BIG"
    This is not a financial reason by Lenny, it's that he doesn't want to overload the squad.
    We have a LOT of money, time to pay a few off ...

5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We would be better served loaning guys out that would benefit from starting games.

Except Hendry. He can go.

Liam Scales likes this.
  6. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Fekkin mutually consent them , and pronto .

TheHappyLoss and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  7. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Have we asked Badr El-Kaddouri to come back and be our left back yet?

MickeyyMack likes this.
  8. TheHappyLoss

Hunskelper (bar the fact we got pumped)

9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

It’s like he says something that we all want to hear and the Lawwell put him into check and say naw Neil that’s no happening.

Then he comes out with something else, by the sounds of it he has become Lawwells yes man. Yes boss, no boss, three bags full boss.

I really do worry about this season.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I think if they don’t give him the funds or they fail to win the 9 or 10 fans will turn, it’s only a matter of time because the board can’t keep gambling thinking they will come out winning every time.

The oldco got complacent and we stopped their 10, it’s like Lawwell and Co thinking we are untouchable and that it’s in the bag.

It’s far * from it.

11. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    One of my best goals cause it left Hun McGregor mortified

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic manager Neil Lennon warned fans not to expect the club to pay "silly'' money after banking a club-record fee for Kieran Tierney.

The Scottish champions landed their biggest transfer income for the second summer running after selling Tierney to Arsenal for £25million, 12 months after getting about £20million for Moussa Dembele.

But Lennon will remain controlled in the transfer market as he looks to sign two full-backs and possibly another player.

And he admitted that players could leave before anyone else arrives.

"It makes things a little bit easier in terms of maybe pushing the boat out a little bit more but we're not going to break transfer records and spend silly money,'' said Lennon, who has signed defenders Hatem Abd Elhamed, Boli Bolingoli and Christopher Jullien, and 18-year-old midfielder Luca Connell this summer.

"We have targets in mind and we are working away on that sooner or later. We are looking at maybe two or three positions.

"We also maybe need to move a few players on to get them playing or make room in the squad. Until we do that, we may not look to bring anyone in just yet.''

Bolingoli had already been filling in for Tierney this season while the Scotland left-back recovered from hernia surgery but Lennon also lost Emilio Izaguirre in the summer and will look to find another player for the position.

"Boli is a work in progress at the minute,'' Lennon said. "We are pleased with some of his play. He still needs a bit of work, a bit of polishing off, which is fine, but we are delighted to have him in the building.

"And we will look to add another one to that. That will all depend on price, wages and the quality of the player.

"But I am not expecting someone to come in and be the next Kieran Tierney. There's only one Kieran Tierney.

"They will have their own qualities and own ways. I don't think our fans are expecting us to find like for like immediately.''

Meanwhile, Lennon admits his team face a tough challenge in a noon kick-off at Motherwell on Saturday, their second of three games in seven days along with two Champions League qualifiers against Cluj.

Lennon, whose side drew 1-1 in Romania on Wednesday, said: "I think it's a tough ask for the players. If we come through against Cluj, and I say if because the tie is still in the balance, then by the time we play Rangers on September 1 it will be nine games in a month.

"I'm not complaining, we have to get on with it, but it's a big ask for them to turn things round very, very quickly and play to the same levels in a 48-hour period.'

13. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Waiting to find out our european fate before spending anything decent by the looks.Hopefully neils meaning hendry,hayes rather than sinclare or nthcham

14. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    "We are going to have to cut the squad a little if we want to add to it in other reas.

"Obviously we have got the Kieran transfer done and then we can assess things over the next couple of days.

"But at the minute my mind is just totally on the games that are coming thick and fast."

15. MickeyBhoy36

Fav Celtic Player:
    King Henrik
    Only thing "coming thick and fast" is Lawwell as he counts the KT money and thinks of ways not to spend it.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye I would expect anything to be done nearer end of window I wouldnt be checking daily for updates.

17. Luz1904

No. According to the reports we are interested but no update other than that.

31 August.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  18. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

I get the impression he's not a fan of Shved.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    We really need tae get the finger oot over the next 2-3 weeks, no excuses.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    What does he mean by cut the squad though??? Where?:giggle1:

I dont get it. We need a left back and right back more than anything and that shouldn't require cutting the squad.

Tommy25 likes this.